i3 2105 or a6 3500 htpc build advice needed before buying
(2012-04-30, 03:29)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 01:39)eskro Wrote: When my E-350 dies?
jeezzz..
many years will pass...
your patient
I leave it on 24/7....hopefully it die soon....when dealing with Mrs., I have to have a good reason. If it is still alive, you'll hear this from her- "it's still working fine, why do you need to replace it?".....

24 / 7 ok...
(2012-04-30, 03:29)bluray Wrote: I leave it on 24/7....hopefully it die soon....

ok thats the worst comment ever o.O

dude, just like cars u sold, sell your HTPC!
Ok I'm afraid I also could use some help.

As almost everybody here, I'm planning to build a new htpc (and to spend some money on something I don't really need) Smile

At the moment I'm using the following setup with a Silverstone µATX case:

AMD Athlon X2 250e + GeForce GT 430

Performance wise the system is fine. I'm using OpenELEC and everything runs perfectly smooth. However, the case is rather large and overall the system is quite loud.
Therefore I'm planning to move to the Mini-ITX form factor (http://geizhals.at/eu/733439).

Even after reading this thread I'm not quite sure whether I should go for the i3 2105 or the a6 3500.
I'm going to use it as a dedicated htpc (no gaming, no encoding and no webserver or something). I'm only interested in XBMC (+PVR in the future) running perfectly smooth with the best audio/video quality I can get and the least hassle when setting it up. Smile

Based on your comments I guess the a6 would be fine in terms of performance. But I'm planning to stick to OpenELEC. Eskro's sticky thread says that A6 will work with "tinkering here and there". Will the i3 work with OpenELEC? Maybe even out of the box?
And are there any differences in video quality between the A6 and the i3? I think I read something about problems with Intel drivers but I don't really recall the details.

(2012-04-30, 07:50)eskro Wrote: dude, just like cars u sold, sell your HTPC!
I don't have a problem selling it. In this economy, people want stuff for free. I'll loose a lot of money on it. It's better off using it longer...and it's still working as good as new......

(2012-04-30, 10:39)__phil Wrote: Will the i3 work with OpenELEC? Maybe even out of the box?
And are there any differences in video quality between the A6 and the i3? I think I read something about problems with Intel drivers but I don't really recall the details.
Here is a link you can read up on Intel platform- [GUIDE] Simplified Guide for a perfect minimal HTPC on INTEL platforms

I playback blu-ray files using both AMD HD6450 and Intel HD2000, and the video quality looks the same to me.......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-30, 10:39)__phil Wrote: Ok I'm afraid I also could use some help.

As almost everybody here, I'm planning to build a new htpc (and to spend some money on something I don't really need) Smile

At the moment I'm using the following setup with a Silverstone µATX case:

AMD Athlon X2 250e + GeForce GT 430

Even after reading this thread I'm not quite sure whether I should go for the i3 2105 or the a6 3500.
I'm going to use it as a dedicated htpc (no gaming, no encoding and no webserver or something). I'm only interested in XBMC (+PVR in the future) running perfectly smooth with the best audio/video quality I can get and the least hassle when setting it up. Smile

a6 3500 I don't have experience with OpenElec...

but if it plays fine then yes it will be a good build.....

If not keep what you have and lets try to make it as silent as possible.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i3 2105 or a6 3500 htpc build advice needed before buying 0