A Way To Not Show Directories in File View
When I add as source/directory then go to view the movies in file view the sub directories show. Is there a way to flatten the view and just see the movies (no sub directories).
When I add a source and then go to file view to just view the movies in the source the sub directories show up. Is there a way to not show the directories, just show the movies?
If the content is scanned into the library and you have stacking enabled then the folders will be squashed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall,

Where is stacking? I've checked in system/library, I've checked the option panel, I've checked the edit source dialog. I Googled XBMC enable file stacking. I read where stacking is related to movie sets. Running Aeon.
I have no idea where stacking is in Aeon - my guess is wherever sorting is. In Confluence it's on the left.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I went back to Confluence. Selected stack and nothing happens. All folders still exist.
Read my post again: Everything has to be scanned first (using "Movies in separate folders named like the movie" ofcourse).

Well, the post says everything needs to be scanned first which I have done. What I don't have are separate folders for each movie with the folder the name of the movie. Just not part of my workflow. Much easier to dump all my movies in a directory. I have a directory called "Sci-Fi", that's my source, then under "Sci-Fi" I have subs directories that say "Sci-Fi - HD" & "Sci-Fi - Std" and all my movies are dumped into those 2 directories.

So, it can't be done at the file or source level. When adding a source and creating a "section" as Plex calls it all files within the section are flat. That's a great feature. The problem with Plex right now, their TV Show scrapers are pathetic.
Well, it would have been useful for you to have mentioned that earlier, right? And I shouldn't have assumed. Wink

If you have everything scanned, why not just use library view? If you have dupes because of the different resolutions, you could create smartplaylists to work around that. A smartplaylist based on path if your organisation is based on path seems the way to go (eg path contains " - HD/" or some such).

In current nightlies you could then organise the library hierarchy so that those smartplaylists replaced the existing Movies node.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan, I have no idea what your explaining, but...the irony here is that I installed PleXbmc. PleXbmc is started as an add on inside of Aeon and I'm just using the skin not the server. It works just like Plex, no directories. All files flat to one level. I really like the Plex front end but the software engine is not up to par with XBMC. Especially on the scraping side of it. Now, I just did the install so I haven't had an opportunity to play around wit it just yet.

Edit: I jumped the gun. The PleXbmc install instruction requires you to put in the IP to find the Plex server. I didn't do that but it found it anyway. What I'm looking at is my media from the Plex server through XBMC and the PleXbmc add on where Plex does flatten the source directoried. So, I'm back to square one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Way To Not Show Directories in File View0