• 7(current)
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D2700
Can this play 3D Bluray? Full iso's.......not 3d half or 3d rips, FULL
Could someone tell me ultimate settings for this baby.. video and sound settings
Dear fellow XS35GT v3 owners, I bought one of these a couple of months ago and have been using it as HTPC since.

In order to achieve as fast a boot as possible, I'm using win8 and XBMCLauncher with XBMC as shell. Yet I'm not finding the boot time to be really up to my expectations, I rarely have XBMC launched and accessible via remote android app before 40 seconds, which is very far from the times some users are posting on these forums.
Seeing some comments on UEFI making boots faster, I tried to set it in the bios as the first boot "device", but didn't notice any kind of improvement.

What kind of boot times are you guys witnessing ?

To remove the boot time problem, I would certainly consider putting the device to sleep rather than shut it down altogether (I don't want to keep it completely up because with XBMC running it seems to keep the machine "busy" rendering screens and is probably not very effective power consumption / temperature wise). However I have some trouble with the sleep/wake function as well : I have configured in windows the power button (which is the only button available really) to put the PC to sleep / wake from it. What is really strange is it works the first time (I can put it to sleep / wake it using the power button, it is very fast and efficient), however if I push the power button another time after waking it this way, it doesn't go back to sleep anymore, and I need to restart windows.

If you are using sleep/wake rather than reboot, what kind of power schemes are you using to get this to work ?

Thanks !
Although i havent test the device under win8 ... But only under win7 i have some questions .. I presume u have installed an ssd and 4 gb of ddr 3 right?
Indeed, 256gb ssd and 4gb of ram.
Really weird... 40 sec boot time but as i said i have tried win7 64 bit .. With xbmc launcher and boot time was really bettor.. Cant comment on win 8 cause i havent tried em...
Hi guys,

one question left for wich I didn't find an answer in this thread:

Is this device able to bitstream HD Audio like DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?

Actually I'm using the Shuttle XS35GT V1 as my HTPC, which comes with an ION2 GPU. Unfortunately I don't get it to bitstream HD Audio when running on Window 8, although my Yamaha AVR (RX-V 1800) is capable of decoding HD Audio. What confuses me here is the fact that I got HD Audio working when using XBMCBuntu Frodo RC3. So generally, the ION2 should be able to bitstream HD Audio. The problem with XBMCBuntu on this V1 is, that I don't get smooth HD video (1080p24) when using XBMCBuntu. That's why I've now chosen the Windows way...

So, now I have a Windows based HTPC which plays 1080p24 perfectly but does no HD Audio bitstreaming... :-( And I tried everything mentioned in this thread...

If this V3 is able to bitstream HD Audio, then I'm willing to give it a try...

Thanx!

Cheers,
Zap
"Programming is like s*e*x, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life" - Mike Sinz
Hello,

I'm getting it on saturday and hope that Aeon Nox will be smooth... I don't want anymore of the dell optiplex, I wanna enjoy flac files without any noise!

Have a nice day,

Katak.
Hi guys,

does the headphone line-out only work with headphones or also with speakers like Logitech?
Has anyone tested?

Thanks
(2013-01-25, 13:24)zaphod42 Wrote: Hi guys,

one question left for wich I didn't find an answer in this thread:

Is this device able to bitstream HD Audio like DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?

Actually I'm using the Shuttle XS35GT V1 as my HTPC, which comes with an ION2 GPU. Unfortunately I don't get it to bitstream HD Audio when running on Window 8, although my Yamaha AVR (RX-V 1800) is capable of decoding HD Audio. What confuses me here is the fact that I got HD Audio working when using XBMCBuntu Frodo RC3. So generally, the ION2 should be able to bitstream HD Audio. The problem with XBMCBuntu on this V1 is, that I don't get smooth HD video (1080p24) when using XBMCBuntu. That's why I've now chosen the Windows way...

So, now I have a Windows based HTPC which plays 1080p24 perfectly but does no HD Audio bitstreaming... :-( And I tried everything mentioned in this thread...

If this V3 is able to bitstream HD Audio, then I'm willing to give it a try...

Thanx!

Cheers,
Zap

Yes it can Smile
(2013-01-29, 12:16)katak Wrote: Hello,

I'm getting it on saturday and hope that Aeon Nox will be smooth... I don't want anymore of the dell optiplex, I wanna enjoy flac files without any noise!

Have a nice day,

Katak.

Aeon nox plays fine ( not as fast as confluence) but you wont have any complaints...
Hi Mates,

I installed Win 8 yesterday with XBMC Launcher, it takes around 30-35 seconds with 1 TB HD 5400 RPM.
It's been a mess with ATI drivers... I had to launch XBMC with XP SP3 compatibility...

After getting Raspberry, Imito MX1... I found the sound of silence solution! :-)

See you,

Katak.
Dont use a conventional hard disk...

It really slows down the machine... Use an ssd..

With windows 7 never experienced any problem ( cant comment on win 8 though since i have not used them, although there are specific win 8 driver or this shuttle) ..
Still going strong with this machine Smile really is a fantastic purchase. Big Grin
(2013-02-23, 14:52)MaDWeeGiE Wrote: Still going strong with this machine Smile really is a fantastic purchase. Big Grin

same here Smile Totally super!
runnig 24/7 + android remote = perfection..
Working flawlessly here. Running OpenELEC diskless: PXE booted, NFS root, everything runs from the media server over GigE, no local drive at all. Works beautifully with the Pulse-Eight CEC adapter, resumes from suspend when selected by the Viera TV and everything is controlled by single Viera remote control. Boots in 30 seconds, resumes in 5. Uses 18 watts at idle, 24 or so under load, 0.2 in suspend. Uses between 4 and 9% of CPU for playing video, but way more for some of the XBMC GUI... for some reason the Weather app really makes it work hard.

Based on the experiences of others I did disable Hyperthreading, but it's not like it matters; XBMC standalone is a single process and not set up to make good use of multiple cores anyway.

It was a choice between this and the new Foxconn Brazos. I chose this because I still have some legacy DVDs and also I wanted a halfway decent CPU for stuff that can't be offloaded to the GPU. And it's cool to be watching a movie from the file server while simultaneously ripping a different DVD to that same server. Can't do that with no Boxee Box.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS35GT-V3 - fanless, AMD 7410m, ATOM D27000