Just set up XBMC....question about subs please?
Hello,

I have just installed XBMC onto an Acer Revo RL70 and have it all set up just nice with all the plugins installed i need.

Most of my movies are 1080p MKVs and most have embedded subtitles, when i run a movie in XBMC there is no subtitles to select from, it just says "NONE" but some movies which i don't want to watch with subtitles are forced on and wont switch off and other movies which i want to watch with subs just have the none option, these all played fine in my boxee which i have just upgraded from.

I done a quick search and could not find anything related.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers.
Anyone help?Confused
I passed on this topic as I don't think I know much but in the spirit of trying to help:

What format of subtitle is in the mkv?
By "embedded subtitles" you mean in the MKV or actually hard coded into the video? (i'm assuming not but you never know)

Post a mediainfo of one of the files that displays as "NONE"
edit: post it in pastebin.com

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Let me add to this an issue I have noticed looking into this. XBMC will not open files with the .sub format but will read .srt no problem. For what it is worth I am running XBMC 11.0, Windows 7 64 bit. here is the debug

http://pastebin.com/24Wp9MsN

EDIT:

Disregard it seems the program I use to archive my disks is making bad .sub files, as none of my .sub files are opening in either XBMC or notepad++, or other subtitle editing tools.

TO OP:
perhaps this is the same issue you are experiencing.

(2012-07-09, 16:28)Chris! Wrote: I passed on this topic as I don't think I know much but in the spirit of trying to help:

What format of subtitle is in the mkv?
By "embedded subtitles" you mean in the MKV or actually hard coded into the video? (i'm assuming not but you never know)

Post a mediainfo of one of the files that displays as "NONE"
edit: post it in pastebin.com

Thanks for the reply.

I found out it is easily sorted by pressing T on the keyboard.

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just set up XBMC....question about subs please?0