Solved "Add to playlist" button
(2016-01-19, 01:11)curti Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 13:39)DarkHelmet Wrote: I've been playing around with it. I've tested it with music and with music videos. It works really well on songs. It doesn't on music videos. I now see that you don't mention music videos in your addon description. If you find the time, maybe you could look into music videos as well.

Thanks a lot for your work!

Are music videos displayed in the video library? Do you have a sample playlist; and is it *.m3u or *.xsp?

I should probably start a new thread for this discussion.

Music videos are part of the video library. There is a short cut in the music library but to my knowledge it is just that, a short cut. The playlists are m3u. What do you mean by a sample? Should I upload the m3u somewhere?

In the playlist editor of the music section you can add music videos to playlists too.
(2016-01-19, 19:38)DarkHelmet Wrote: Music videos are part of the video library. There is a short cut in the music library but to my knowledge it is just that, a short cut. The playlists are m3u. What do you mean by a sample? Should I upload the m3u somewhere?

In the playlist editor of the music section you can add music videos to playlists too.

Thank you, I will look at it as time allows for me. A sample of filename(s)/NFO contents in a quote here should do. I would like to scrape some sample videos as music videos into my dev library so I can view/test it.
hello Curti

I am not a well versed kodi modifier could you please guide me on how to install this add-on. I will try it thank you
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2016-01-19, 22:13)BikerDude Wrote: hello Curti

I am not a well versed kodi modifier could you please guide me on how to install this add-on. I will try it thank you

You will need to download the zip file; and then copy it to a shared drive or locally to the device. If you are able to access the zip file from the Kodi device you are using follow these steps: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager#How...a_ZIP_file
Hello Curti

Many thanks for this add on and your assistance. This is on of the features I was looking for in Kodi. May I suggest to add an option to create a new play list from this context menu to this add on and then add the songs to this new playlist.

Kodi should also add the option to remove duplicates songs in the edit playlist environment

as I suggested in an other thread, I would like Kodi to add a specific section ( threads) to their forums specifically focus on music.

This would allow Kodi to prioritise new development relating to adding, managing, and playing ones music library. There is much work to be done to the Kodi music environment for it to be world class.
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2016-01-19, 20:09)curti Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 19:38)DarkHelmet Wrote: Music videos are part of the video library. There is a short cut in the music library but to my knowledge it is just that, a short cut. The playlists are m3u. What do you mean by a sample? Should I upload the m3u somewhere?

Thank you, I will look at it as time allows for me. A sample of filename(s)/NFO contents in a quote here should do. I would like to scrape some sample videos as music videos into my dev library so I can view/test it.

Sure, that's easy to do.

filename coolsong.mp4 and coolsong.nfo

Contents of the nfo:

Code:
<musicvideo>
        <title>Hells Bells</title>
        <artist>AC/DC</artist>
        <album>Back in Black</album>
        <genre>Hard Rock</genre>
        <runtime>05:11</runtime>
        <plot>Music Video</plot>
        <year>1980</year>
                 </musicvideo>

another one:

coolersong.mp4 and coolersong.nfo

Code:
<musicvideo>
        <title>I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor</title>
        <artist>Arctic Monkeys</artist>
        <album>Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not</album>
        <genre>Rock</genre>
        <runtime>02:51</runtime>
        <plot>Music Video</plot>
        <year>2006</year>
                 </musicvideo>

That should put two music videos in your library.
(2016-01-17, 13:39)DarkHelmet Wrote: I've been playing around with it. I've tested it with music and with music videos. It works really well on songs. It doesn't on music videos. I now see that you don't mention music videos in your addon description. If you find the time, maybe you could look into music videos as well.

Done.

(2016-01-20, 11:40)BikerDude Wrote: [...] May I suggest to add an option to create a new play list from this context menu to this add on and then add the songs to this new playlist. [...]

Done.

Quote:
  • added option to add music videos to playlist
  • added option to create new playlist from context menu

Download: context.playlist.append.zip
(2016-01-20, 19:34)curti Wrote: Download: context.playlist.append.zip
Just tested the latest version. Songs worked fine, I was able to add them to an existing .m3u playlist. For movies, however, nothing happens when I try to add them to a video .m3u playlist (not using smart playlists). Any ideas?

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/sdUBSS7Z
(2016-01-20, 19:34)curti Wrote:

Done.

Thanks for looking into it. You are now caught in some inconsistency in kodi sadly and I don't know if it's really solveable. Music videos (and only these) can be added to music playlists AND video playlists. The addon now presents me a list of video playlists and not my music playlists. The other way around (adding music files to a video playlist) does not work through kodi's playlist editor. There isn't even a playlist editor for video files in kodi to edit existing m3u video playlists.

I do however mainly add music videos to music playlists. To me they are more "music" than "video".

Playlist management in kodi in general could use some love.
(2016-01-21, 07:54)braz Wrote: Just tested the latest version. Songs worked fine, I was able to add them to an existing .m3u playlist. For movies, however, nothing happens when I try to add them to a video .m3u playlist (not using smart playlists). Any ideas?

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/sdUBSS7Z

I experienced this issue yesterday and I am not sure what caused it. Let me add some debug logging to the add-on because I did not see anything in your log or my log when it silently failed.

(2016-01-21, 17:56)DarkHelmet Wrote: Thanks for looking into it. You are now caught in some inconsistency in kodi sadly and I don't know if it's really solveable. Music videos (and only these) can be added to music playlists AND video playlists. The addon now presents me a list of video playlists and not my music playlists. The other way around (adding music files to a video playlist) does not work through kodi's playlist editor. There isn't even a playlist editor for video files in kodi to edit existing m3u video playlists.

I do however mainly add music videos to music playlists. To me they are more "music" than "video".

Playlist management in kodi in general could use some love.

Thank you for the information. I will update the add-on accordingly to display both available music/video playlist files for music videos.

I will open a new thread in the add-on section when it is available and post the link here.
Development thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257334
I've now marked this thread as solved, as an Add-on has been created.

Thanks Curti!
Hello,

The add-on works great !!

A small new feature should be added as well in the Kodi mobile application so we can add music to library when we surf in music library through the mobile application. is it possible?

Thank you.
Hello,

Is this addon still available? The links above point to a Dropbox location that is no longer available. Reading this thread, this feature seems like what I am looking for so I would like to try it.
You are right. The download link is down and it was not uploaded to a repo i think. I'd ask in the development thread for a reupload and submission to kodi repo. I might have a copy that i could upload but on the long run the best thing would be if the addon becomes widely available in kodi's repo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Add to playlist" button1