Skin editor a Notepad++ Plugin
(2012-08-10, 05:35)Jezz_X Wrote: umm can't you already dock windows in notepad++ or am I thinking of somthing different I know I can dock all your addon windows to one side

hrmm I tried it and seems I can only dock one window per side (visible at the same time) so I guess you mean multiple windows to 1 side
if you ever worked with visual studio 2010 or the express its the same thing i want.
You can dock them like this http://i.imgur.com/Sg5VJ.png
right now the docking interface is drawn correctly, but the actual docking might be longer to do
I've been meaning to leave a comment so, this is probably my number one development tool from now on! Excellent work Tiben and thank you very much. This makes things so much easier - I don't have to keep referring back to the wiki quite as much anymore which is always a good thing.
(2012-08-11, 04:08)Sranshaft Wrote: I've been meaning to leave a comment so, this is probably my number one development tool from now on! Excellent work Tiben and thank you very much. This makes things so much easier - I don't have to keep referring back to the wiki quite as much anymore which is always a good thing.
thanks much appreciated. I do think its worth the time to conceive this kind of tools.
Big Grin 
Newbie just reading this thread, learning all I can about skinning. Nice progress on a very cool tool!! ++1
upgraded to notepad ++ V6.1.5 Unicode....... Plugin will not load, says that it is not compatible with this version of notepad. Any ideas.... what version is compatible?
the one you get on sourceforge not on the website
(2012-08-13, 23:40)tiben20 Wrote: the one you get on sourceforge not on the website

Much Thanks!
(2012-08-10, 04:02)tiben20 Wrote: Alright you only use the division,multiplication,subtraction and addition?? if its just that i can do it in no time just for fun. The best way is still having 3 23 inch screen like i do Tongue

by the way i started to write a patch for notepad++ to make it able to dock window like in visual studio. Its kinda complex but really fun to do.

Any updates on the docking and calculator?

Also I have a problem when DELETING/BACKSPACING text - the next character gets highlighted and subsequently removed.

Thanks.
Still working on the docking i have to rewrite the whole docking system to make it work like i want to. It is a major piece of code and it is really really complex. Right now the code is correctly drawing the markers with normal and over state.
I will look into the deleting problem when i get some time.

Here a preview of what it look like
The image in the middle of the xbmc commands dialog won't be visible but it will be shown when dragging a dialog onto another dialog. The pink is going to be transparent. It is going to be really close to what visual studio can do except that you won't be able to snap a dialog like if it was a document. I don't see the point of making it snap like if it was a document.
Sorry if i slowed down development i am back to school and working on week ends
Don't worry about it. Wink
Video 
(2012-08-07, 20:53)tiben20 Wrote: After creating a .net xbmc skin editor http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136364 i made the suggestion to make a notepad++ plugin for editing skin. And of course many people were interested by this so 2 weeks ago i started writing this plugin.

Hi,

Thought you might be interested in this skin editor that was being developed by a member over at MediaPortal......

The developer has disappeared into the ether so further development has stopped, but as it is open source maybe you (or someone else) could pick it up again. I have used it to modify several skins and it seems to work very well and a breeze to use because of the graphical interface. Although, I have had a problem with one particular skin where changes in any xml file within the skin renders that particular xml file "invisible". As yet, I don't know if this is a skin problem or a bug in the app.

Link to the app......

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...tor.69561/

There's also a link to the source code on the last page of the forum.

Regards.
That would be awesome for XBMC.
(2012-10-05, 23:05)Hitcher Wrote: That would be awesome for XBMC.

Does it not work "out of the box" with XBMC?

It's a great tool as you can drag and drop, copy and paste and move items around in the graphical view to suit your needs.

Regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin editor a Notepad++ Plugin6