Feature Request - Home screen fanart slideshow enhancement
Hi

Currently the fanart slideshow on the home screen for Movies displays within the cinema background. Is there any way to change this to just display the fanart fullscreen?

Thanks
if you select the 'Multi Image' option, it should be close to what you're after i think.
optionally, enable 'Animated backgrounds' to get those zoom and slide effects.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You can set the screensaver to display your movie and TV show fanart. this will cycle full screen through your fanart as soon as your screensaver kicks in.

Set it up through the settings. Change the screensaver option from "Dim" to slideshow (I think). You may need a plugin, possibly "Artist Slideshow" but im not at home to check.
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
Thanks ronie, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Transparency is still my favourite skin. I occasionally try the others but always end up coming back.
Hi ronie

I've been using the multi-image option for a few days now and it turns out it's not quite what I was looking for. I don't have one single folder where all my fanart images are stored and I also store posters, etc. in those folders, which when scaled up don't always look great as the aspect ratio is all wrong for them.

My ideal setup would be a mixture of multi-image and fanart options. Using all the fanart images, but displaying them full screen. Not sure if this is possible/a big change. What I really like about transparency is how it brings fanart front and center and makes it the main feature of the skin, and displaying the fanart within the cinema background just doesn't seem to do it justice.

Thanks
xbmc caches all your fanart to one folder: ../userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart
that's the folder the fanart slideshow uses, and you should be able to use it for the 'multi-image' option as well.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request - Home screen fanart slideshow enhancement0