• 5(current)
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings
Just added a couple new features... see the github for the latest code (https://github.com/kricker/plugin.video.SageTV)

Enhancements include:
-Added show level description (if one exists) which you'll see when browsing the list of shows
-Added a new episode level context menu option called "Remove Favorite" which checks if an episode has a favorite, and if it does, you can remove the favorite

TODO:
-Research how to add a new dialog box which could be used to support a "Add Favorite" episode level context menu
Pretty impressive stuff you guys have done! I haven't had a chance to check this out yet as I'm on vacation, but I was wondering if you were looking into whether it would be possible to accomplish two things:

1. Ability to search the EPG (by title, actor, keyword, etc) and schedule a recording or add a favorite
2. Ability to browse a channel guide of some sort and schedule a recording or add a favorite

I know you guys are working on fine tuning the existing functionality and pulling more meta data in and displaying it, so combining that with the above two items would probably make it possible for ME to stop utilizing Sage as the front-end. I currently can't think of any other reason I'd need to go into Sage itself.

Keep up the good work!
I am looking into items 1 & 2. I am currently investigating some of the TV guide add-ons for modifications to give a tv guide using Sage's information. This could take quite a bit of time though.
(2012-09-04, 22:55)kricker Wrote: I am looking into items 1 & 2. I am currently investigating some of the TV guide add-ons for modifications to give a tv guide using Sage's information. This could take quite a bit of time though.

As an interim step for now until we figure out a more elegant way to do this, I'm going to try to implement some additional directories to add some of this functionality. e.g. the addon could look like:

SageTV
--Watch Recordings
----<CURRENT HIERARCHY AS IS IMPLEMENTED TODAY... e.g. Show Name -> Episodes>
--View Upcoming Recordings
----<SHOW LIST OF UPCOMING RECORDINGS... e.g. ...>
------Tue, Sep 4 @ 10-11A: Breaking Bad - Name of Episode
------Tue, Sep 4 @ 12-1P: The Office - Name of Episode
------etc

I think that is a good plan for now.
(2012-08-22, 20:30)kricker Wrote: 2. Both items need to be filled in. What the addon does is replace the local file path name in the Sage DB and replace it with the UNC path you specified. If they are both on the sam PC then you might be able to skip the UNC part.

Will this work over Internet? When I try to fill in UNC path, it pops up box to browse local hard drive. I am unable to type in a path.
It pops the box to browse because you should first add the UNC path as a video source. You can tell XBMC not to scan the source for content. Once the UNC path is added as a source, you can browse to it and add it in the addon settings.
I just committed an updated version to the github. See below for the changelog:

-Updated settings screen to allow input of a server name rather than just a server IP address
-Restructured the top level menu
-Added initial upcoming recording support (which uses JSON instead of XML parsing)

TODO:
-Fix issue related some upcoming episodes not getting assigned an airing date (most do but some don't for some reason)
-Change watch recordings episode parsing to use JSON instead of XML parsing
-Consolidate/minimize # of SageTV API calls to improve performance
-Add more context menu items to the upcoming recordings sub menu
Thanks for the update(s). What's the advantage of using JSON over XML?
(2012-09-05, 16:03)dinki Wrote: Thanks for the update(s). What's the advantage of using JSON over XML?

It is a lot easier/quicker to parse the results that come back from the SageTV API call (you can get info in one line vs. 4-5+). Plus it allows me to reuse a lot of the python code that was used when I helped with the Boxee/SageTV and Plex/SageTV plugins.
(2012-09-05, 15:46)kricker Wrote: It pops the box to browse because you should first add the UNC path as a video source. You can tell XBMC not to scan the source for content. Once the UNC path is added as a source, you can browse to it and add it in the addon settings.

OK Thanks. Newbie to XBMC. Been using Sagetv for several years. How do I add a video source?

OK Figured out how to add video source. But still don't get how to get it to show in sagetv settings.
(2012-08-29, 21:39)LehighBri Wrote:
(2012-08-29, 20:24)dinki Wrote: *EDIT* Looks like you can set the view using 'Container.SetViewMode(id)' . Not too sure how to find the id value for 'Media Info' though. I'll keep looking.

Good find. I noticed on the site below there are various built in functions we can try to us... SetViewMode or even things like SortDirection, etc.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions

In reading around the forums though, it sounds like SetViewMode's ids are skin-dependent and could vary across skins. Like you, I would love it if the "show" level could have one view and then the "episode" level could have a consistent view and not be different per show. Have you found anything else in the forums that would help us? Thanks for continuing to look!
FYI... Kricker just gave me access to the github so I just checked in the code from post #40.

I just stumbled upon an addon that appears to set the view to fanartposter in the default confluence skin for menu items off a list view (does that make sense)? It's Bluecop's Amazon Prime add on . I briefly looked through the code in \plugin.video.amazon\resources\lib\listmovie.py and found:

Code:
# 501-POSTER WRAP 503-MLIST3 504=MLIST2 508-FANARTPOSTER
confluence_views = [500,501,502,503,504,508]

then further down:

Code:
if viewenable == 'true':
            view=int(common.addon.getSetting("movieview"))
            xbmc.executebuiltin("Container.SetViewMode("+str(confluence_views[view])+")")

I've got one foot out the door for vacation for the next few days so I won't be able to try this so if you want to give it a crack I think you just need to feed it 503 or 504 to get the media list view to show up in the episode specific menus. Not sure how this would be handled for other skins but I'm using confluence as I would imagine a great many are as it is the default skin.
Another update coming through... just committed some additional updates to the plugin in github. See below for the changelog:

-Fixed issue related to some upcoming episodes not getting assigned an airing date
-Changed watch recordings episode parsing to use JSON instead of XML parsing
-Consolidated/minimized # of SageTV API calls to improve performance
-Improved upcoming recording support for handling shows with no episode or description

TODO:
-Add more context menu items to the upcoming recordings sub menu
-Add basic "EPG like" functionality to allow you to browse a directory of channels, days, etc and record shows

UPDATE: Committed a couple more changes:
-Fix issue with handling of [All Shows] and also increased limit of episodes returned for those with large libraries
-Added Cancel Recording context menu to upcoming recordings menu
Just committed an updated version to the github. Added new top level "Browse Channel Listings" option which allows you to drill into a specific channel, see what airings exist, and set a specific airing to record (or cancel record if it's already scheduled to record, etc)

This option was added as an interim solution that provides "EPG-like" capability where you can browse a listing of channels, airings, and then action on them. Not ideal as it could take a couple clicks, but all in all is definitely a viable solution.

Thoughts? Any potential additional improvements?

TODO:
-(COMPLETE... SEE POST #75): Add new top level item to Search (e.g. by Name) (anyone have thoughts on how to prompt a dialog box where a user could enter what show they want to search for?)
More updates coming in. Just committed more updates... these commits add the ability to search for airings and also search for recordings.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SageTV recordings2