My new HTPC Build [Wesena ITX6 Pics]
Hi All,

I'm building my 2nd XBMC HTPC - this one is for our family room. Here is what I ordered:
  • Wesena HTPC ITX6 Black Case w/ 150W PSU + 120W AC Adapter + Wesena IR & Remote -- $180
  • ASRock B75M-ITX LGA 1155 Motherboard -- $90
  • G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM --$28
  • OCZ Vertex 4 64GB SSD - $60

Total so far: $380

There is only one thing missing: CPU. I am debating if I should wait for i3 Ivy Bridge or get a Sandy Bridge CPU. I know even a low end Pentium Sandy Bridge will do the job but since i'm getting an ivy bridge board, might as well get the IVB CPU. I have no idea when they will be available. What do you guys think?

I love the case. It's beautiful. Clean (went with no USB front ports). Built in IR receiver. It has a slot loading ODD which I won't be using for now but its there in case I decide to add it later. Also comes with a low profile PCI slot if in future I want to add a discrete GPU. Here are some pictures:

Thanks!
Go for the newest ivy chipset.. Thats what i would do..Smile
Beautiful case. So clean.
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
Thanks. Yup.. going to wait for the i3 IVB CPU. Hopefully next week? Can't find anything online to confirm the release date.
i3 IVB is already available in Netherlands. I'm waiting for stock in Belgium and also hoping for next week.

Might I recommend specifically looking at the i3-3225 considering it uses the HD4000 IGP Smile
i3-3225 sounds perfect. I want the cheapest IVY i3 with HD4000. Thanks!
Beautiful case! Did you buy this case in the states? I've only seen it on Amazon so far...
(2012-09-02, 05:48)JoeBoyTexas Wrote: Beautiful case! Did you buy this case in the states? I've only seen it on Amazon so far...
In U.S, Amazon might be the best place to buy Wesena ITX6-B......

Wesena, ITX6-B (Black) - 100% Aluminum, Mini HTPC chassis

Wesena remote is the same remote as this- IR receiver and RC 260 Remote control

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks Bluray! I'm super close to pulling the trigger on all my equipment...
seller on the amazon link above is Perfect Home Theater. I bought it directly from their online store. They also have more wesena models available.

http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/H...ITX6-B.htm

Their online store has more options and you can easily add psu/adapter/IR receiver and remote to the same order. Order was shipped on the same day.
(2012-09-02, 15:35)hk007 Wrote: seller on the amazon link above is Perfect Home Theater. I bought it directly from their online store. They also have more wesena models available.

Their online store has more options and you can easily add psu/adapter/IR receiver and remote to the same order. Order was shipped on the same day.
Yes, it is from the same seller but buyers in North America are more familiar with Amazon and they feel more comfortable doing business through Amazon......

(2012-09-02, 18:07)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-02, 15:35)hk007 Wrote: seller on the amazon link above is Perfect Home Theater. I bought it directly from their online store. They also have more wesena models available.

Yes, it is from the same seller but buyers in North America are more familiar with Amazon and they feel more comfortable doing business through Amazon......

lol I'm a North American (New Jersey) buyer Smile I also have Amazon Prime membership so I know what you mean.
PerfectHomeTheater is located in MA and seemed like a legit business. They are authorized dealers of Wesena and OrigenAE. That's why I was comfortable getting it directly from them. Got my order delivered in one day.
(2012-09-02, 19:25)hk007 Wrote: lol I'm a North American (New Jersey) buyer Smile I also have Amazon Prime membership so I know what you mean.
To me, there is no other online site easier to buy product than Amazon. I received most of my orders within one day. I can drop ship to Canada almost as fast. The return policy is very simple too....

(2012-09-02, 19:25)hk007 Wrote: PerfectHomeTheater is located in MA and seemed like a legit business. They are authorized dealers of Wesena and OrigenAE. That's why I was comfortable getting it directly from them. Got my order delivered in one day.
I'm sure it is a very good site, but not many buyers familiar with them. I have my eyes on OrigenAE M10 since early last year, and I visited Perfect Home Theater frequently. I'm still keeping my eyes on this- HTPC aluminum chassis-M10-Base (Black).......I have contacted Perfect Home Theater regarding "Remote control RC 260" I listed in the earlier post. I had problem with the same remote at one time. I was going to order a new remote from them, but I was able to fix my remote. Their customer service was very polite and helpful.......

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new HTPC Build [Wesena ITX6 Pics]0