• 115(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
I'm getting random black screen with no sound for about a second using openlec and rbej builds. It happens 2 or 3 times during a movie.
I have a 512MB raspberry pi and I'm streaming from a smb share. Also I'm bitstreamming audio to a receiver.
(2013-03-19, 20:16)JoZerByte Wrote: I'm getting random black screen with no sound for about a second using openlec and rbej builds. It happens 2 or 3 times during a movie.
I have a 512MB raspberry pi and I'm streaming from a smb share. Also I'm bitstreamming audio to a receiver.

Try the config_hdmi_boost option from here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I...VI_monitor
(2013-03-17, 15:18)rbej Wrote: I see you working on new stall branch.

I've spent lots of time on it...
I think it may be worth testing again.

You'll want:
[rbp] new scheme for handling stalling and buffering
[wip] hacking around

I'd also suggest:
Revert "[rbp] Always use the aspect ratio from file.
[rbp] Check free memory, and if plenty use full size buffers for read

And you've already got:
[rbp] Set mediatime on GPU after a seek
[rbp/omxplayer] sync up with dvdplayer master changes

I've found some reasons for the stalls we had before which are fixed,
I've also made the amount of buffering required initially less to allow quicker seeking of SD content.
This may make buffering more likely, and if it occurs, it tries to adapt, and will buffer longer next time you seek.

It is possible live tv will be improved. I don't think it is fixed, and as "tvheadend -r" doesn't really work for me.
I can only say that the brokenness I see is reduced with this patch.
The revert commit should fix the aspect ratio issue (and also iPhone videos in portrait), although it does break one example file I have.

As this may be less stable than your last build (which works very well for me), I'd suggest you make it an alternative for testing rather than your main one.
Something is wrong when seek movie with new stall branch. I seek movie on about 90 minutes and after seek movie has no audio and buffering. After 2-3 seconds audio is back. I tested 2 days ago new stall branch and this bug no exist. Only random black screen on online movies. Now black screen is gone but seek is wrong.

http://pastebin.com/i0j1ia27

(2013-03-19, 20:16)JoZerByte Wrote: I'm getting random black screen with no sound for about a second using openlec and rbej builds. It happens 2 or 3 times during a movie.

i had the same problem...
i replaced my hdmi cable and now it works without a problem Wink
r13577 from openelec.thestateofme.com is constantly buffering on SD files... didn't test HD content though.
Anyone got this issue?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
(2013-03-20, 09:26)rbej Wrote: Something is wrong when seek movie with new stall branch. I seek movie on about 90 minutes and after seek movie has no audio and buffering. After 2-3 seconds audio is back. I tested 2 days ago new stall branch and this bug no exist. Only random black screen on online movies. Now black screen is gone but seek is wrong.

Can you try disabling the fast seek. Change the defines in OMXPlayerAudio.cpp and OMXPlayerVideo.cpp to:
#define INITIAL_PACKETS_REQUIRED (1<<20)
Now seek is ok

(2013-03-19, 20:29)popcornmix Wrote: Try the config_hdmi_boost option from here:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I...VI_monitor

It seems that solved the problem. Thanks
(2013-03-20, 13:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 09:26)rbej Wrote: Something is wrong when seek movie with new stall branch. I seek movie on about 90 minutes and after seek movie has no audio and buffering. After 2-3 seconds audio is back. I tested 2 days ago new stall branch and this bug no exist. Only random black screen on online movies. Now black screen is gone but seek is wrong.

Can you try disabling the fast seek. Change the defines in OMXPlayerAudio.cpp and OMXPlayerVideo.cpp to:
#define INITIAL_PACKETS_REQUIRED (1<<20)

Another bug. Play movies always use 100% cpu. Random black screen still exist.

(2013-03-20, 15:59)rbej Wrote: Another bug. Play movies always use 100% cpu. Random black screen still exist.

What random black screen? Isn't that related to this. I solved my random black screen problem with config_hdmi_boost=3
(2013-03-20, 15:59)rbej Wrote: Another bug. Play movies always use 100% cpu. Random black screen still exist.

"[wip] hacking around" has been updated to fix 100% cpu.

If you get black screen, can you enabled logging in OMXPlayerVideo.cpp and OMXPlayerAudio.cpp inside the #ifdef _DEBUG (replace it with #if 1) and post log.
100% usage cpu is fixed, but usage cpu is high that old scheme. And find another bug. Corrupted picture about few seconds after playing movie.

http://pastebin.com/m7fnebV9

(2013-03-20, 19:34)rbej Wrote: 100% usage cpu is fixed, but usage cpu is high that old scheme. And find another bug. Corrupted picture about few seconds after playing movie.

"[wip] hacking around" has been updated with fix for corrupted frame.
somehow i cant download subtitles anymore through the menu? i was using podnapisi whoch was working perfectly fine since the last few builds... i updates about four times but it didnt change anything. the subtitle plugin says that its downloaded and extracted successfully... but theres no download and no extraction? Confused
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12