• 128(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi
@rbej
The biggest reason I switched to Gotham is ffmpeg 1.2.
The reason is support for avc1.77.30 which do not work in previous versions.

As I use Gotham which by default use new ffmpeg this does not affect me, but it might be reason enough to have 2 builds for Frodo branch...?

Edit: I see that this is the test build for pre 12.2 so my comment might not be valid at all. :S And by the way, thanks for supplying all these test builds. Big Grin
(2013-04-19, 21:06)miappa Wrote: @rbej
Edit: I see that this is the test build for pre 12.2 so my comment might not be valid at all. :S And by the way, thanks for supplying all these test builds. Big Grin

Err, that's actually my bad. This is pre 12.2 + extra stuff, so I've removed that link from the pre12.2 thread.
Updated Frodo Branch

- dump again to FFmpeg 1.2 (fixed not working IFO files and performance)

- raise USB and CEC rescan interval to 5 seconds (less cpu usage)

- add MythTV 1.6.10 (final version)

- PVR fixes

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

sorry rbej, can't find latest version (redumped to 1.2 one). guess you forgot to upload... anyway, keep up the great work!
(2013-04-21, 17:17)thegreatdan Wrote: sorry rbej, can't find latest version (redumped to 1.2 one). guess you forgot to upload... anyway, keep up the great work!
It's up there now, thanks again rbej!
Installed the latest Frodo Branch. This version is a step back. On the SD channels I have only audio and no video. The screen is for a few seconds black and then returns to the channel list. The HD channels have audio and video, but the aspect ratio is 4:3 and if I change it to 16:9 then the picture gets messed up and after playing for a few seconds it stops playing. The video freezes. I'm going back a version.
(2013-04-24, 21:43)wizzard72 Wrote: Installed the latest Frodo Branch. This version is a step back. On the SD channels I have only audio and no video. The screen is for a few seconds black and then returns to the channel list. The HD channels have audio and video, but the aspect ratio is 4:3 and if I change it to 16:9 then the picture gets messed up and after playing for a few seconds it stops playing. The video freezes. I'm going back a version.

Yeah, the Frodo branch in general seems unusable if you are looking to watch streaming content from the 'net (for me at least). Rbej's Gotham (ie. newer XBMC) builds are far superior and are just as stable though there are the odd bug here and there.

Hope that helps.
(2013-04-25, 13:06)tfft Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 21:43)wizzard72 Wrote: Installed the latest Frodo Branch. This version is a step back. On the SD channels I have only audio and no video. The screen is for a few seconds black and then returns to the channel list. The HD channels have audio and video, but the aspect ratio is 4:3 and if I change it to 16:9 then the picture gets messed up and after playing for a few seconds it stops playing. The video freezes. I'm going back a version.

Yeah, the Frodo branch in general seems unusable if you are looking to watch streaming content from the 'net (for me at least). Rbej's Gotham (ie. newer XBMC) builds are far superior and are just as stable though there are the odd bug here and there.

Hope that helps.

I agree with you. What do the Gotham builds have that Frodo doesn't?
I have had pretty good results with Rbej's latest Frodo build - OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Rbej-Version-Frodo-pre12.2(20.04.2012).tar.bz2

It seems to have resolved some Live TV reliability issues I was experiencing, plays 720P content over my LAN without issue and has so far not given me any issues with playing online content from the 1channel add-on, is there specific.

Changing my screen resolution to 1280x720 in XBMC settings seemed to help too Smile
I have no issues streaming 1080p from the Internet with official builds or not.

Was thinking about getting a tuner (hauppage) or is there any better advises in brand? I would like video in to.
(2013-04-26, 00:35)tuxen Wrote: I have no issues streaming 1080p from the Internet with official builds or not.

Was thinking about getting a tuner (hauppage) or is there any better advises in brand? I would like video in to.
How do you stream? Using a plugin?
Yes using plugins. As long as the host in the other end can keep up with the bitrate no problems.
Livestream plugin?
Updated Frodo Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated Xbmc Frodo pre.12.2 (24.04.2013)

- updated firmware and kernel (3.8.y)

- float audio patch (performance up 15-20% when play movies. Working only with FFmpeg 1.2)

- performance patches (UI)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1350100

Updated Gotham Branch

- bump OpenElec revision

- updated Xbmc Gotham 13 (25.04.2013) Commit:f3229d4e62

- updated firmware and kernel (3.8.y)

- float audio patch (performance up 15-20% when play movies. Working only with FFmpeg 1.2)

- add Vnsi 4

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1393759

(2013-04-26, 14:25)superdesi Wrote: Livestream plugin?

Well the highest live streams I can get over here is 720p they are free and work flawless. Haven't bumped into any one higher anywhere and I'm not gonna pay for a subscription at some dodgy place that "steals" the channels and sell them on by streaming (I could imagine running into bandwidth problems here besides the moral issue) but I wouldn't imagine it being a problem again as long as the host can provide. So both live and not.

Like I said I'm also looking to buy a tuner so I try tvheadend with the builtin pvr and get into how it works.
Leaning towards hauppage unless someone stops me. Heh
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi12