• 61(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
Hey guys,

I've just added support for grouping recordings. Additional I've recompiled the current dev. snapshot for all other supported platforms. So please give it a try Wink
Btw: Would anyone care if I'll drop support for frodo after gotham has been released?

Quote:1.6.15 (frodo) / 1.9.15 (gotham)

[updated] Speed up timeshift startup time.
[added] If available add genre to EPG
[added] Support for grouping recordings. Grouping can be by rec. directory, rec. date, first letter, tv channel or series.
Jaja I'm so sorry, THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH manül, amazing work Smile
@manül
Tried 1.9.15 both on windows and android.
On android channel change without timeshifting is now >20 sec.
With timeshifting 6-7 secs (dvb-t) and 5 secs (dvb-s).
On windows without timeshifting 5-6 secs (dvb-t) and 1-2 secs (dvb-s).
With timeshifting 7-8 secs (dvb-t) and 5 secs (dvb-s).
The speed difference between dvb-t and dvb-s is noticeable.
During channel change (in both dvb-t and dvb-s) picture is frozen and audio is mute.
When channel is changed (in both dvb-s and dvb-t) picture is perfectly synced with audio.
Tell me what can I try to improve speed in dvb-t, if you want logs, etc..
P.S.: Using dvbviewer is all lightning fast (1-2 secs always).
Thank you,
sdf
(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: On android channel change without timeshifting is now >20 sec.
With timeshifting 6-7 secs (dvb-t) and 5 secs (dvb-s).
I have serious doubts about the value w/o timeshifting.

(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: The speed difference between dvb-t and dvb-s is noticeable.
During channel change (in both dvb-t and dvb-s) picture is frozen and audio is mute.
When channel is changed (in both dvb-s and dvb-t) picture is perfectly synced with audio.
You can find a good explanation about how MPEG GOP works in noggins post.
I guess your DVB-T device takes longer to warm up than your DVB-S device. On channel switch dvbviewer just sends a channel switch command whereas xbmc/PVR completely terminates the connection and the DVB device will shutdown just to start up a few milliseconds later.

(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: P.S.: Using dvbviewer is all lightning fast (1-2 secs always).
xbmc is a generic player whereas dvbviewer only cares about tv streams. This allows dvbviewer to make a few assumptions about the data which xbmc can not do (e.g. it's always TS/MPEG). Also on channel switch dvbviewer never disconnects from the backend, but xbmc always does. Additional dvbviewer is using RTSP while the PVR is using TS-streams. This might slow down decoding too (never measured).

(2014-04-23, 09:28)sdfg Wrote: Tell me what can I try to improve speed in dvb-t, if you want logs, etc..
I don't need and want any logs regarding switching times. But you can go ahead and play with the code. Nobody will stop you.
(2014-04-20, 18:14)tocinillo Wrote: Genres working perfect! All genres/categories is working. I'm using Webgrab+Plus and XEPG to convert the XML file to DVBViewer and then to XBMC. Every 3 days Windows execute a Bat file (automatically) and re-grab all EPG (for the next 3 days). I'm using the latest Gotham Beta 4 with the latest RS and add-on (1.9.15) and Aeon Nox for Gotham. The result...amazing!!

Very interesting. I'm still struggling to get epg to populate automatically (it only seems to update on channels I've recently watched).

Could you share your epg batch files please, or wouldn't it work for me on UK sat?

Thanks,
W.
(2014-04-23, 12:43)manül Wrote: I have serious doubts about the value w/o timeshifting.
It's strange also for me (it happens only on Android).
Will retry again.
(2014-04-23, 12:43)manül Wrote: You can find a good explanation about how MPEG GOP works in noggins post.
I guess your DVB-T device takes longer to warm up than your DVB-S device. On channel switch dvbviewer just sends a channel switch command whereas xbmc/PVR completely terminates the connection and the DVB device will shutdown just to start up a few milliseconds later.
I'm not such an expert and don't want to disagree with you, but Mediaportal plugin takes always 2-3 zapping time, on both dvb-t and dvb-s. Only Dvbviewer xbmc plugin has such differences.
(2014-04-23, 12:43)manül Wrote: I don't need and want any logs regarding switching times. But you can go ahead and play with the code. Nobody will stop you.
It would be wonderful, but I'm not a programmer and don't have such skills. Only trying to help the development testing on real hardware.
Anyway, thank you for your efforts
@manül
Made some further and better testing.
Gotham beta 4, win32 1.9.15 plugin, Local LAN
Zapping results in secs
No TS: DTT SAT
TV 7 3
Radio 7 3
TS En: DTT SAT
TV 7 3
Radio 20 12-20
RTSP: DTT SAT
TV 11 7
Radio 10 7
Seems that radio with timeshifting enabled waits for filling also video buffer, or anyway has some buffering problems (the same problem arises also with Margro's MediaPortal plugin), maybe it depends on XBMC code, not plugin code.
If someone else wants to make some further testing, so we can compare the results ...
In the meantime will test 1.9.15 Android plugin.
Bye,
sdf
@sdfg:

Have you tried margo's beta 4 - it should contain the buffer fix and improve channel switching. At least it did with the very old version's of the dvb viewer plugin.

Cheers,

h3ll
i'm using this addon but the switching between channels is sllowly. With the dvbviewer the change is faster than the addon. Anybody knows the solution?

Thank you.
actually, i'm using the margo version and the channel switching between encrypted channels is around 6-8 sec sor dvb-s2....for unencrypted dvb-c channels the switching time is ~4-6 sec

dvbviewer backend is a dedicated server with 3 dvb-s2 tuner and 1 dvb-c tuner

of course, the dvbviewer app is the fastest, but it's totally different way of work
@manül
genre support seams to be broken in last release of your plugin.
Can you make it suporting all genre not only the major categories or is this xbmc breaking it down to categories 0-16-32-48 and so on?
I've tried to give horror and drama different colors in epg,but i can't because it's the same category 16. Even trying to use category names want successfull because of the / in German category descriptions.
I can't use / in filenames.
(2014-04-30, 11:28)Blacky Wrote: genre support seams to be broken in last release of your plugin.
Can you make it suporting all genre not only the major categories or is this xbmc breaking it down to categories 0-16-32-48 and so on?
Not broken. Genre + sub categories work here. Make sure your EPG really provides you with subcategories.

(2014-04-30, 11:28)Blacky Wrote: I've tried to give horror and drama different colors in epg,but i can't because it's the same category 16. Even trying to use category names want successfull because of the / in German category descriptions. I can't use / in filenames.
For skinning you shouldn't use localized genre names. That's a horrible idea. Use the numeric field (not tested at all):
epg-genres/$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType)]-$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreSubType)].png and create appropriate png files.
Also you can use slashes in filenames. It's called directories. so foo/bar is File "bar" inside Directory "foo".
$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreSubType)] gives me no result (null)
$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType)] gives me major categories numbers
$INFO[ListItem.Genre] gives me subgenre but as letters.
So i think it should possible to get sub genes but i don't know how to get numeric output.
I'm using xepg for xmltv epg info and aeon nox 4.1.9 Gotham
(2014-04-30, 14:14)Blacky Wrote: $INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreSubType)] gives me no result (null)
$INFO[ListItem.Property(GenreType)] gives me major categories numbers
$INFO[ListItem.Genre] gives me subgenre but as letters.
So i think it should possible to get sub genes but i don't know how to get numeric output.
I'm using xepg for xmltv epg info and aeon nox 4.1.9 Gotham
XBMC splits the genre into two fields. Main and sub category. I'm/the PVR is setting both values: https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addo...a.cpp#L240
I'm not quite familiar with the GUI engine of XBMC however judging from the code I think the GenreSubType-property is just not set: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...r.cpp#L905
So the best way to get this fixed is to provide a pull request. If you're not familiar with coding and git just create a bug report in trac.
Thanks a lot Manül.
I have successfully solved the problem using $INFO[ListItem.Genre] and directories.
It was a tricky that way, because there is a differend way in dvbviewer to name the directories xbmc has other naming. I needed the half day to get this right. But now it's working with sub categories. Tomorrow I'll try out your last release of the plugin. Thanks a lot for your great support.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12