• 20(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
Any of you finding success launching .strm files via the skin widget? I am finding that skins, using this service, cannot play .strm files from the home screen, like one can in confluence for example. The files all play from the library, and I asked a skinner about it... They said it was likely to do with the skine.widget.

So, I thought I would ask, or point it out, in case there was an unkown issue, or I could do something about it n my end Wink
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
(2012-12-28, 05:32)Abrasher Wrote: Any of you finding success launching .strm files via the skin widget? I am finding that skins, using this service, cannot play .strm files from the home screen, like one can in confluence for example. The files all play from the library, and I asked a skinner about it... They said it was likely to do with the skine.widget.

So, I thought I would ask, or point it out, in case there was an unkown issue, or I could do something about it n my end Wink

Earlier this week I finished some mods to Confluence to support Skin Widgets. I just checked with that, and I was able to launch a .strm file that was generated by the Hulu plugin. If you want to PM me one of your .strm files (or a link to download it if we can't PM files) I could check it with my setup.
Thanks... I just read your post, you know you wanna share a link to your MOD Wink yes,I will PM you. THANKS! Smile
will always be grateful for XBMC and XBMC.ORG
(2012-12-28, 06:44)Abrasher Wrote: Thanks... I just read your post, you know you wanna share a link to your MOD Wink yes,I will PM you. THANKS! Smile

The link in my post above takes you to the post I made in the Confluence forum. That includes the link and some screen shots. If your browser isn't showing you the link in line, it's the words "some mods to Confluence."
When resuming a tv show from the home screen, skin widgets does not update (the show does not get removed from the ongoing list) after playback ended. I got this problem a few times now. Will check the details tomorrow but maybe someone can confirm this?
(2013-01-18, 23:33)`Black Wrote: When resuming a tv show from the home screen, skin widgets does not update after playback ended. I got this problem a few times now. Will check the details tomorrow but maybe someone can confirm this?

Seen this too. Only happening lately so no clue what happened
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there anyway to get skin widgets (mainly watchlist) working with a MySQL shared database so it updates on all clients?
(2013-01-18, 23:33)`Black Wrote: When resuming a tv show from the home screen, skin widgets does not update (the show does not get removed from the ongoing list) after playback ended. I got this problem a few times now. Will check the details tomorrow but maybe someone can confirm this?

Yeah, I've noticed it a few times.

I think it's not picking up when you stop a video because starting one after it kicks in and updates, unless there's something wrong with the stop notification.
It seems to be a problem with "adjust display refresh rate to match video". I have this enabled on my OpenELEC machine and if I disable it, everything is working fine. Don't know what exactly the problem is there.
Good find, I'll test this later as I have the same set up.
Confirmed the link to 'adjust display refresh rate to match video' - 'always' option.

'Off' and 'Stop/Start' seem to work fine.

Thanks.
For me it doesn't work with 'Stop/Start' and 'Always'.
I'm getting the "script failed: service.skin.widgets" error. I'm running Frodo RC3 using Aeon Nox.
Here's the log file: http://pastebin.com/BXwk658t
(2013-01-23, 10:22)Rayor Wrote: I'm getting the "script failed: service.skin.widgets" error. I'm running Frodo RC3 using Aeon Nox.

you're using the frodo version of skin.widgets.
that won't work on eden ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-01-23, 18:56)ronie Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 10:22)Rayor Wrote: I'm getting the "script failed: service.skin.widgets" error. I'm running Frodo RC3 using Aeon Nox.

you're using the frodo version of skin.widgets.
that won't work on eden ;-)

Huh? Hes saying he is using frodo rc3
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8