• 34(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
-Mark-, it's great! Thanks for your work!
(2013-08-28, 19:43)Martijn Wrote: can you try code on github? pushed some fixes

Just to be clear. Only the Title property is cleared atm

Title property seems to be properly cleared now. However

PHP Code:
SkinWidgets_Recommended     addon setting 'true/false'
SkinWidgets_RandomItems     addon setting 'true/false'
SkinWidgets_RecentItems     addon setting 'true/false' 

these properties seems to be always TRUE.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

hmm. will check
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-08-24, 17:48)Martijn Wrote: nothing.
i suggest they create a pull request to change/improve XBMC core as i have no intention to change the addon nor can i do anything about it.
the devs are more than busy so if some on else can fix it he should do it.

thanks for the reply, would you be able to direct me as to where in the xbmc core this query would appear or are things not as simple as that?

"SELECT * FROM tvshowview WHERE (tvshowview.idShow IN (select tvshowview.idShow from tvshowview where (watchedcount > 0 AND watchedcount < totalCount) OR (watchedcount = 0 AND tvshowview.idShow IN (select episodeview.idShow from episodeview WHERE episodeview.idShow = tvshowview.idShow AND episodeview.resumeTimeInSeconds > 0))))"
(2013-08-29, 12:20)Martijn Wrote: hmm. will check

should be fixed by now
(2013-08-13, 23:00)toiva Wrote: I made some quick tests with smaller delays and with my setup 2 seconds is about the lowest. It takes +5 seconds to change the refresh rate from 24 to 60 in my setup.

(2013-08-13, 23:18)Martijn Wrote: This is deeply buried in xbmc. Seems the refresh rate switching holds everything locked until it's done and the net the other stuff be done like writing the values to the db.
Jsonrpc is handled in another thread so it isn't affected. So in short, no easy fix.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14558
(2013-09-01, 13:24)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-08-29, 12:20)Martijn Wrote: hmm. will check

should be fixed by now

Yup, looks like latest commits took care of the problem.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

A feature request was made by another user here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172362

I thought maybe that most of this problem of entire newly added TV Series Episodes cluttering the 'Recently Added' Widget could be solved if an "Only in Progress" was also added as an option for Recently Added TV Shows.

This would mean anything entirely new (and therefore unwatched / not in progress) wouldnt be displayed in the widget would it?

But what would happen when the first episode of this newly added show is watched, and the series then becomes 'in progress'. Would all the subsequent episodes be dumped straight into the widget, meaning we revert to the same cluttering problem?

I guess the answer to that is that it would depend about the relevative dates and the total number of the new and existing unwatched episodes.

I guess also in some respects the 'Recommended' part of the widget (Next UnWatched Episode in the case of a TV Show) also already covers a lot of this functionality.

Anyway, food for thought Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
i suggest you first try it out before asking this. this is an addon. what he is using is default xbmc behaviour. two entirely different things
(2013-09-01, 13:59)Martijn Wrote: i suggest you first try it out before asking this. this is an addon. what he is using is default xbmc behaviour. two entirely different things

Yes, I have tried it out already and I do I have been using both the Recent and Recommended functionality for quite some time. Am I missing something?

Or do you just mean that yes, Recommended does already cover a lot of this?

I realise he is talking about default behaviour, but since it is your AddOn that allows for customised behaviour, it seemed like it might be useful to discuss as a future option for this AddOn.

Ill pipe down if its preferred that minions dont raise any questions...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
it only shows one episode for each tvshow displayed in order of last watched shows
(2013-09-01, 14:05)Martijn Wrote: it only shows one episode for each tvshow displayed in order of last watched shows
Yes, I know and understand what it does, and its very useful, thank you Smile

But Im sure some people may prefer 'Recently Added' to be displayed (ie: more than just 1 episode), but without the widget becoming cluttered and unusable when an entire new TV Show is added, since then all that is displayed is the last 10 episodes of that new TV Show.

Individual recent episodes of other shows are then unfortunatey forced off the widget and for some family members become 'lost'.

An "Only in Progress" option would allow people to choose, depending on how they use Recently Added Smile
then they should code it their selves as i have absolutely no interest in doing that and i also find it ridiculous so it won't be added too.

not gonna cater for two people who might find this useless which it is absolutely not
(2013-09-01, 14:12)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2013-09-01, 14:05)Martijn Wrote: it only shows one episode for each tvshow displayed in order of last watched shows
Yes, I know and understand what it does, and its very useful, thank you Smile

But Im sure some people may prefer 'Recently Added' to be displayed (ie: more than just 1 episode), but without the widget becoming cluttered and unusable when an entire new TV Show is added, since then all that is displayed is the last 10 episodes of that new TV Show.

Individual recent episodes of other shows are then forced off the widget.

Are you actually proposing recently added seasons instead of episodes?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-09-01, 14:17)pecinko Wrote: Are you actually proposing recently added seasons instead of episodes?
No, I am not. Im saying that as far as TV Show Episodes are concerned, Recently Added works great until such time as for whatever reason you add an entire new TV Show (multiple seasons and/or episodes) to XBMC.

Then, because Recently Added is by date, the Widget now becomes full of episodes just from that one newly added TV Show only. Its correct behaviour, strictly speaking, but its maybe not so useful sometimes for TV Shows.

And since that TV Show is 'new', even if you do decide to start watching it, normally you would want to start watching from the first episode wouldn't you, not from the last 10 episodes (of the last season), which is now what is actually displayed in the widget.

So, I am trying to propose that what ends up in the Recently Added portion of the widget in this scenario (adding an entire new TV Show) is not always particularly useful, and the items which may be more useful (the 'true' recently added episodes from your other in progress tv shows) have been forced off the widget and 'lost' from a display point of view.

An "Only in Progress" option would maybe help with this as far as TV Shows are concerned

I hope is this a better explanation. Perhaps I was misunderstood previously... Smile
Also, I certainly wasnt trying to upset anyone... Smile
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8