• 38(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
Hi

I am getting script failed errors with Skin Widgets, so I uninstalled the add-on and deleted its add-on data folder.

I then downloaded the new fork from here to give that a try instead.

It installed the skin widgets add-on OK but it still says its version 0.0.27 author: MARTIJN/PHIL65

Anyway's after a reboot I am still getting the script failed error, please see a debug log file here which shows an exception with skin widgets.

Looking in the add-on settings I can't seem to find "adds extra options for the settings of the widget to allow you sorting by airdate" ?

I am running Linux Ubuntu 12.10 minimal with XBMC V12.2 and the Aeon MQ4 skin. Also have MySQL running on a Windows Home Server which the XBMC HTPC's connect to.

Does anyone know why I might be getting these script errors and how to fix?

Part of the error message in the log file says: Error Contents: local variable 'item2' referenced before assignment

Many thanks.
This is interesting but not sure what it tells me?

I re-installed the Skin Widgets add-on again from the main XBMC repository. Playing around with the skin widget settings and disabling / enabling the add-on to see if the script error would occur?

It seems if I turn off RECOMMENDED in the skin widget settings, then when I enable the add-on or restart XBMC etc I am currently no longer getting the script error which is good!

Whilst on the XBMC home screen, on the Movies menu for example, on the top menu, I can now see Recently Added and Random movie titles OK. No movie titles are currently showing under In Progress however but I expect this will work once I have partially watched a movie title.

So what does the RECOMMENDED setting do in the skin widget settings? Does it show Recommended titles in the top menu?

Many thanks

EDIT: I just disabled the Recommended - Skin Widgets setting on another Windows 7 PC running XBMC and that has stopped the script failed error on that machine as well! Think I should now do this on all my Linux HTPC's that are around the house.
Hi, I've just updated XBMC from Frodo to Gotham (Alpha 9) and noticed that skin widgets no longer automatically updates once playback has stopped. I've only tested this with 'Movies-Recently Added' and 'TV Shows-In Progress'.

Is this an incompatibility with Gotham at the moment, or is it working fine for everyone else? Thanks.
Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but I've recently started getting a skin widgets error when I start xbmc but only on one of my HTPCs. It sort of came out of nowhere, I'm not sure what I changed to make it occur. I tried uninstalling the service, deleting what was left in the packages directory, and reinstalling but it didn't help, and that's about the extent of my troubleshooting abilities unfortunately... Looking over cw-kid's log, it looks like my error is the same as theirs I think. Debug log is here. Thanks in advance.
(2013-11-02, 22:06)starkos Wrote: Hi, I've just updated XBMC from Frodo to Gotham (Alpha 9) and noticed that skin widgets no longer automatically updates once playback has stopped. I've only tested this with 'Movies-Recently Added' and 'TV Shows-In Progress'.

Is this an incompatibility with Gotham at the moment, or is it working fine for everyone else? Thanks.

I've noticed on the Alpha 9 and Gotham in general that skin widgets is working very well and very quickly. No complaints here.
(2013-11-06, 23:32)T800 Wrote: I've noticed on the Alpha 9 and Gotham in general that skin widgets is working very well and very quickly. No complaints here.

Thanks for replying. Do you use an external player or the built in video player?

I have MPC-HC set up as an external player and I think that may be the problem. The library status of the video gets marked as watched once playback has stopped, but it doesn't seem to update the widget until the library is refreshed/scanned again.
(2013-11-07, 00:44)starkos Wrote:
(2013-11-06, 23:32)T800 Wrote: I've noticed on the Alpha 9 and Gotham in general that skin widgets is working very well and very quickly. No complaints here.

Thanks for replying. Do you use an external player or the built in video player?

I have MPC-HC set up as an external player and I think that may be the problem. The library status of the video gets marked as watched once playback has stopped, but it doesn't seem to update the widget until the library is refreshed/scanned again.

Built in video player.

If you navigate and then come back to the home screen does it update?
(2013-11-07, 09:50)T800 Wrote: If you navigate and then come back to the home screen does it update?

Unfortunately no, navigating through any of the libraries or settings then returning to the home screen doesn't update/refresh the widget.

Shame no one using an external player and Gotham can confirm this though in case it's something specifics to my setup. Guess will have to just wait and see what happens once Gotham reaches beta/final. Thanks for all your help
I'm using Gotham, and it is working fine over here. But - I don't use an external player...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-11-07, 12:56)HenryFord Wrote: I'm using Gotham, and it is working fine over here. But - I don't use an external player...
Thanks, I guess it is a problem with Gotham and using an external player then
I'm using Aeon MQ 5 and I have created some custom menu items from smartplaylists.
Although I've set skin widgets to show only unwatched items it doesn't work for those menu items and every episode or movie is shown in the widget.
The default "movies" and "tv shows" menu items are updated correctly though.

Is there a problem with smartplaylists?
Using Gotham alpha 9 with Confluence skin. Widgets don't hide watched movies/episodes from recently added view although it is configured to do so.
In the addon settings it's set to "Only unplayed and finished" enabled and "Update each time you enter the home screen" enabled.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Confluence doesn't use this script
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-11-23, 15:04)Martijn Wrote: Confluence doesn't use this script

Ha lol, OK. Thanks.
I guess Confluence doesn't support hiding watched items from its recently added views?
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
(2013-10-20, 20:13)HenryFord Wrote: See my fork at, it adds extra options for the settings of the widget to allow you sorting by airdate:
https://github.com/henryford/service.skin.widgets

Finally updated to this latest fork, and just added a complete new TV Series. Everything now works as we wished for. THANK YOU Smile Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8