• 39(current)
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets
@Martijn, would it be possible to add another "Mode" for TV shows to your awesome skin widget. Basically it shows random series and when you select a series it plays the first unseen episode in that series Smile
Hi guys...
I don't get it to work.
Have a Mac mini and skin widget was enabled without me doing anything.
Recommended and random is enabled but where can I see them in the menuHuh
I just see my usual Homescreen.
I am on mac and my skin is confluence.
Thanks guys
It's not used in Confluence. Wink
Ok...so if I change to another skin, will it be there automatically or will i have to change something else?
(2013-11-28, 20:03)jhonny30 Wrote: Ok...so if I change to another skin, will it be there automatically or will i have to change something else?

It's a skin by skin matter, not all of them make use of skin.widgets

Check skin descriptions, usually they mention which scripts are supported

i.e. : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159405 (scroll down to SUPPORTERD SCRIPTS)

maybe first choose one you like, and if it doesn't say, just ask the maintainer.

it's a question with no yes/no answer Wink
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
@Martijn do you think it's possible to add widgets for LiveTv section in skin.widgets?
Widgets with EPG info from channels selected by users or upcoming recordings?
skin.widgets 0.0.27 on OpenELEC Gotham git build (Raspberry Pi):
Code:
13:51:23 T:2946196560   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'item2' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 771, in onPlayBackEnded
                                                self.onPlayBackStopped()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 777, in onPlayBackStopped
                                                self.action('episode')
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 631, in _update
                                                self._fetch_tvshows_recommended('RecommendedEpisode')
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 261, in _fetch_tvshows_recommended
                                                if (item2['resume']['position'] and item2['resume']['total']) > 0:
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'item2' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full log here (sorry, no debug).

This error is occurring in _fetch_tvshows_recommended even though Recommended is disabled in skin.widget settings (skin is stock Confluence), as is Random Items with only Recent Items enabled (only unplayed and unfinished enabled; update each time you enter the home screen disabled).

It looks like this bug might be triggered after watching the last unwatched episode for a tvshow, in which case json_query2 (line 250) has the value:
Code:
{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': u'1', u'result': {u'limits': {u'start': 0, u'total': 0, u'end': 0}}}
and because it has no "episodes" key, item2 is never assigned a value before it is referenced.

Edit: Looks like this has been reported before - yes Martijn, this bug is real (and the reasons why are pretty clear!) The solution should be pretty trivial, to be honest. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-11-28, 16:55)Wulfsige Wrote: @Martijn, would it be possible to add another "Mode" for TV shows to your awesome skin widget. Basically it shows random series and when you select a series it plays the first unseen episode in that series Smile

+1
OK I have a problem with an error message with the script. I getting an headache trying to find why. I'm kind of new with this and I'm not really good at coding but anyhow, here is my problem.

I'm under Windows 7, with a non-sql database. I'm under Frodo 12.3 with Aeon Nox 4.0.9 skin.

I have created a few playlists, which are working but I'm unable to create smart playlists. I always get the error when trying to fill out the "type" in the smart playlist configuration window. I tried getting the latest version of the script (2.2.0) but I'm still getting the error.

Here is my log: http://pastebin.com/BUfnHDxG

I hope I did not break any rule and that I have included all the necessary information to try helping me out.
Quote:script.randomandlastitems\randomandlastitems.py
From your logs... this is different to the addon skin.widgets.

You'd want to get help over here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

@HenryFord : Thank you for pointing to the right thread

@LEFAn : Please post you log file on xbmclogs.com because I can access pastebin.com at my office (proxy).
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
I am proposing to make "next episode" for a TV show a little smarter.

Here are the two variants for "next episode" you often want:

- Oldest unwatched episode
- First unwatched episode after latest watched episode

Maybe each TV-show can remember what you did last time and change to that strategy (e.g. picking an episode before or after the last watched episode makes it decide its modus)
The Real Skimshady
(2014-01-25, 15:06)bthusby Wrote: - First unwatched episode after latest watched episode

No I won't add it. Just watch your episodes or mark them as watched. I'm not going to cater bad behaviour
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-01-25, 15:06)bthusby Wrote: I am proposing to make "next episode" for a TV show a little smarter.

Here are the two variants for "next episode" you often want:

- Oldest unwatched episode
- First unwatched episode after latest watched episode

Maybe each TV-show can remember what you did last time and change to that strategy (e.g. picking an episode before or after the last watched episode makes it decide its modus)

I'd love to see the latter!

XBMC's poor handling of content that's in both HD as well as SD (ie, duplicating it) means that if you have both and only watch the one, recommended just recommends that same ep again.

Your second suggestion would sort this out. If anyone's keen to implement this - I'd be very keen to help test!
Hi Martijn,

I'm trying ro make use of your script. But I can't even make out how to even see it in a skin. I realize not every skin uses your scripts. But for example AEON MQ 5 should do so. For what should I be looking in the xmls?

Or to phrase this differently: How would a skinner go about incorporating your scripts?
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FRODO release] Skin Widgets8