XBMC Foundation documentation
links to your search results?
(2012-10-18, 11:32)Robotica Wrote: sunnyvale, california and delaware.

Those are the same thing. The XBMC Foundation was incorporated in Delaware, and it's headquarters or primary place of business is California (mostly because that's where the Foundation bank account is located).
(2012-10-18, 15:08)natethomas Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 11:32)Robotica Wrote: sunnyvale, california and delaware.

Those are the same thing. The XBMC Foundation was incorporated in Delaware, and it's headquarters or primary place of business is California (mostly because that's where the Foundation bank account is located).

I never knew this but it makes sense and clears a long lasting knowledge-hole for me.
(2012-10-18, 01:01)Robotica Wrote: I have seen more than one xbmc foundation. And philantropic and charity are very much related to the foundation and thus the start of the discussion. That's why discussing needs a letter of inc.

Definition of philantropic :

(fĭl'ən-trŏp'ĭk)

1. (adj.) Describing anyone who dispenses aid from funds set aside for humanitarian purposes only to those in countries located on or near the equator.

Origins: From philanthropic, humanitarian, and tropic, pertaining to the hot and humid regions near the equator.

2. (noun) The desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes:

Somehow, I don't think this applies to XBMC Foundation Smile
off topic: i choose philantropic since there is a 501c 3 status. The charity isn't money but time, code and patches..Should i have chosen another word?
yes, non-profit organization maybe?
that's clear and but i refer to the 501c3 status.
(2012-10-13, 13:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Interesting blog post. A few things:

You were banned for being annoying. Feel free to disagree, but that's pretty much what happened. Personally, I don't think it was good to have banned you, because that just feeds the idea that we are "hiding something", but they didn't know what else to do, and it was getting disruptive. It's just not in human nature to react nicely when you make these kinds of accusations.

Something we've been talking about a lot this year, and we even touched on at the last XBMC DevCon (wiki), is the fact that all the "paper work" kind of stuff for Team XBMC/XBMC Foundation isn't getting done, and we need to get it done. Our current board of directors wasn't getting things done (they're coders, and coders don't like paperwork), the structure of the Foundation wasn't even that clear, etc. So what are we doing about that?

Well, for starters, we got our formal XBMC Foundation membership list in order (will be published shortly on the wiki). Second, right now I'm actually the "voting admin" for the new XBMC Foundation Board of Directors election. We're currently nominating people internally, and by the end of October the Foundation members will have elected a new board that is more fond of paperwork. Issues like conflicts of interest have come up, so we're also going to have a spot on the ballot for the candidates to give full disclosure of potential COI. All of this stuff, the process, the results (except for who voted for who) will be published on the wiki once it's complete.

Then the new board will decide on a new president from the core 5 members (who have voting power) and then they'll decide on additional officers (who don't have voting power), and meet via teleconference about once a month (with meeting notes being published, most likely on the wiki). They can also set up various other formalities as needed, such as publishing to the public our financial records, etc, with help from other foundation members as needed (they can create committees, etc).

A few things you mentioned in that blog posting have actually been taken care of, or are in the process of being taken care of. I hope to get those things documented soon. For example, the Foundation has formally registered for the "XBMC" trademark in some countries (at least the UK, I believe. In the US we do not believe we are eligible for a formal trademark registration, but we can still assert a trademark claim.)

We already have the Bylaws up on the wiki, and I'll try to get the letter of incorporation up soon as well.

Then it will all be open in the air and you'll see that your paranoid accusations are wrong.

Anything else specific that I'm forgetting that would be good to publish to the public?

I have seen the publications in the WIKI. Good to see the progress. However, I missed the letter of inc. This is very important for discussing anything related to the foundation. Will this be published any time soon?
Should all now be up at XBMC_Foundation#Foundation_Bylaws_and_other_important_documents (wiki).
(2012-11-13, 01:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Should all now be up at XBMC_Foundation#Foundation_Bylaws_and_other_important_documents (wiki).
Cool..
When I read Article 4, does that mean there are also statutes, beside Bylaws?
I'm not sure, but I suspect that is referring to any statutes at the US/Delaware level. There's no separate rules other than the bylaws.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-11-13, 01:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Should all now be up at XBMC_Foundation#Foundation_Bylaws_and_other_important_documents (wiki).

I have seen a few copies of articles of incorporation (incl. amandments) of other FOSS projects but I can't find a document stating the Foundation purpose. Am i doing something wrong?

This isn't the Letter of Inc.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/3/30/Delawar...Notice.pdf is, stop trolling
(2013-10-16, 20:46)amet Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/images/3/30/Delawar...Notice.pdf is, stop trolling

Stop spreading bullshit. That isn't a letter of inc.

Apache foundation example: http://www.apache.org/foundation/records...icate.html

It includes a name of the person applying. However, in Delaware that doesn't mean much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Foundation documentation0