• 79(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
No, but on adding to TMM, we'll find this ID which results in a perfect scrape.

And no, we do not want to write this style of NFO...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2020-06-03, 12:20)myron Wrote: No, but on adding to TMM, we'll find this ID which results in a perfect scrape.

And no, we do not want to write this style of NFO...

Great thanks for the fast reply. I always found it weird that so many applications support the reading of this format but as far as I can tell none at all support the writing off it.

Will continue my quest to find a way to validate these nfos for human error i.e. where URL is either missing, malformed or for a different movie/show.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
I´m also interested on parsing nfo files for kodi
https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo
29.06.2020 - Version 3.1.7
=======================
+ (movie) only show used genres in the genre filter
+ added fr_CA to scraper languages
x fixed detection of multipart files
x fixed displaying of h265/hevc logo
x fixed writing of h265/hevc to the NFO file
x improved handshake with opensubtitles
x (tmdb) stricter fallback language detection #897
x fixed deleting search results where title AND year are the same but the movie is different
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Would a request for a user defined nfo name be accepted? Currently it appears you can only create two movie nfo naming variants e.g `mediafilename.nfo` or `movie.nfo`.

I would like to be able to define my own naming however a third fixed fixed format such as `tmm.nfo` or `tinymediamanager.nfo` would suffice if user deifned naming is too large a request.

I request this as I would like to "also" use tiny media manager but not "only" use tiny media manager or risk it munging my other processes.

Further feedback as a new user.
  • A right click option for "Perfect match only" would add value. I now know you can simulate this by changing the match criteria to 100% only and then using the force match right click option but as a new user I would have appreciated this as a "safe feeling" starting point (and it still feels odd pressing force best match when I specifically dont want that).
  • Some way to jump to the scraper in a browser or even google. I find a lot of fails are actually TMM correctly matching alternate titles but without clear feedback this is what has happened I find myself on google checking it manually.
  • Scaling support. I run 4k screen at 200% scaling and TMM doesn't honour this making the fonts pretty tiny.
  • Filter shortcut favorites buttons. Filters are amazingly powerful I am using them a lot but I would really like to be able to define a few and toggle them directly on and off from the main menu.
  • It would be handy if failed matches could show an actor image lineup. This plus the existing media preview button would make it much easier to manually skim the media and visually/manually spot actors.

Excellent tool. Very powerful.

A keyboard shortcut to enable / disable the current filters would be great
Hi folks! Does anyone use this in conjunction with Emby? If so, what's the use-case?
(2020-07-15, 09:58)ratzofftoya Wrote: Hi folks! Does anyone use this in conjunction with Emby? If so, what's the use-case?

I use it in conjunction with Emby. My use case is to make sure that movie.nfo exists with the correct IMDBID in it. The one time "anchor" creation lets me use any front end I want with no risk of ever losing these lookups or having bad matches. No tool gets it 100% so for me the key is for tools is to get as many of the easy ones done as effortlessly as possible and present the hard one to me to manually decide.

For what it is worth I unusually strip TMM down so it creates only the cover and a minimal XML. I then strip the cover and convert the XML to a flat non XML URL only nfo. I do this because I want the front ends to manage the freshness of the scrape data directly not TMM (also TMM supports reading URL only nfo but not writing them - like most tools/guis)

(2020-07-21, 08:52)xexe Wrote:
(2020-07-15, 09:58)ratzofftoya Wrote: Hi folks! Does anyone use this in conjunction with Emby? If so, what's the use-case?

I use it in conjunction with Emby. My use case is to make sure that movie.nfo exists with the correct IMDBID in it. The one time "anchor" creation lets me use any front end I want with no risk of ever losing these lookups or having bad matches. No tool gets it 100% so for me the key is for tools is to get as many of the easy ones done as effortlessly as possible and present the hard one to me to manually decide.

For what it is worth I unusually strip TMM down so it creates only the cover and a minimal XML. I then strip the cover and convert the XML to a flat non XML URL only nfo. I do this because I want the front ends to manage the freshness of the scrape data directly not TMM (also TMM supports reading URL only nfo but not writing them - like most tools/guis)
That's really helpful, thanks! Can you (deferring to my absolute noobness) dumb down your process even more so that I can try to follow the same? Thanks so much?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355975
(2020-07-21, 08:52)xexe Wrote:

I would not recommend followqing my edge case workflow as a new user. What I would suggest is using the TMM defaults and concentrate on getting as close to 100% correct matches as possible. If later you decide you want to move to URI only nfos to act as achors only then its fairly simple just to script the changeover.

Between now and then you never know maybe TMM will better support this usecase.

Is there any way to get tmm to change a : in a series name to _ instead of -? That would then match what MP2 is doing when it records.
FEATURE SUGGESTION

A selection box next to each movie! For example, if you want to browse through your entire collection and do some bulk edits/tags/movie collections etc. I know you can hold command and click on multiple selections, but that doesn't allow you to click on movies to see their info so you can't really browse.

I just tagged some movies that my parents would like from my collection, and had to bulk edit>add tag for groups of 3-4 movies at a time to make up a total of 250.
01.09.2020 - Version 3.1.8
=======================
+ updated libmediainfo to 20.08
+ updated Movie Picker template (thx @bastienpruvost)
x removed a memory leak in IMDB scraper
x do not write fanarts twice in multi movie folders #956
x fixate artwork extension if not detectable #953
x propagate mediainformation events from episode to TV show
x write cleaner trailer urls to the Kodi NFO
x more aggressive caching of AniDB requests
x set character and path encoding at startup #930
x do not open two windows when clicking on a link
x do not crash at startup with an inconsistent movie set <-> linkage
x (tv show) added some missing menu items to the context menu #934
x (movie) pre-select the right NFO file names in the NFO settings panel
x save scraper config in the custom data folder too #962
x (imdb) fixed to scrape shows without season 1
x (omdb) set IMDB id when scraping with OMDb API
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7