• 14(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I notice that some series do not return a studio, is there any way to ensure that a studio is returned for these series?
(2013-05-20, 02:22)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: I tested the beta version and for back row fan art view it is now for some series not displaying the description of the series and instead shows for example in the case of "Brother, Dear Brother" it will display an image instead which is really annoying and I am unable to yet figure out how to disable it.

Out of 577 series the following are effected by this issue:
Brother, Dear Brother
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Toward the Terra

I am not sure yet as to why only these 3 are effected.
Are those the exact folder names? Are you using url nfo files (if so what ids are in them for each)? I'll try and test, see if I can replicate what you're seeing.

(2013-05-20, 02:22)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: On another note would it be possible to have unique cast images per series and use the images of the characters?
Not possible without changes to XBMC (only the first artwork retrieved is stored for an actor).

(2013-05-20, 08:12)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: I notice that some series do not return a studio, is there any way to ensure that a studio is returned for these series?
This is a flaw in the xml data that AniDB api supplies. If you pick a random show on the website, you'll see a "Main Staff" box near the top of the page, with a link to "show more" further down the page. The api, however, will only return the "Main staff", not the full listing. If "Animation Work" (or just "Work") is not listed in that box, then no studio will be returned...

Unless that information has been added to anime-list.xml as supplemental-info.

However, in order for that to happen, someone who feels strongly about it (*cough*) would have to go through their collection and PM me a list of the shows affected, their ids, and (preferably) the relevant studios, so that they can be added...
Those are the folder names but keep in mind that I use .nfo linking for every series I have. If you enter those in anidb they will come up with the correct show.

As for the studios I will go over the list when I get a chance and find all the ones that are wrong/not updated. Having correct studio information is important to me that is also why I even added the studio name right below the titles in back row fan art view with my anime mod.

On another note would it be possible for you to make an option that stores the character images into the file system directly? For example seriesname/characters and then each file is the name of the character. I can then create a mod for the cast list that looks into that directory automatically and pulls the correct images. By implementing it as an extra skin feature for some popular skins we may be able to convince xbmc developers a lot sooner (or at least skin authors) to add this functionality officially.
Storing the Character art is a little outside a scrapers capabilities (it can only add stuff into the database, it's XBMC that handles the downloading). However, it does feel like something a proper Python addon should be able to handle, it sounds basically similar to what the extra fanart downloader does already.

Unfortunately writing a Python addon is a little beyond me (currently).

I will mock up some dummy files and folders to test your issue shortly. It would help if you could switch back to Confluence to see if and how the issue manifests itself there (and then describe it). I'll download the Back Row skin if necessary, but I like to keep things simple.
(2013-05-20, 02:22)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: Out of 577 series the following are effected by this issue:
Brother, Dear Brother
Senki Zesshou Symphogear
Toward the Terra

Okay, I can at least confirm the issue on Back Row with those shows...

But I have no idea why it's happening, and I suspect it's a skin issue...

However, there is one point of commonality all three shows have...

Brother, Dear Brother -> Onii-sama e...
Senki Zesshou Symphogear -> Senki Zesshou Symphogear: Meteoroid-falling, Burning, and Disappear, Then...
Toward the Terra -> Terra e...

Not sure why that should be affecting anything though...

(Probably best to point this out in the Back Row forum.)
Ah, I will check the code looking for ... and see if I can fix this up.

Can not find in code yet but I can verify that removing the ... from the show titles by renaming them fixes the problem.
Here is the aids for shows with missing studio info:
aid=9187 | Accel World OVA | Sunrise
aid=9330 | AKB0048 Next Stage | Satelite
aid=5315 | Anime Tenchou | Gainax
aid=9147 | Eureka Seven Ao: Jungfrau no Hanabana-tachi | Bones
aid=7565 | Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q | Studio Khara
aid=7206 | Fate/Stay Night TV Reproduction | Studio Deen
aid=91 | Gate Keepers | GONZO
aid=1667 | Gekijouban Air | Toei Animation
aid=4402 | Gekijouban Clannad | Toei Animation
aid=6503 | Gekijouban Naruto Shippuuden: Hi no Ishi o Tsugu Mono | Studio Pierrot
aid=7483 | Gekijouban Naruto Shippuuden: The Lost Tower | Studio Pierrot
aid=1311 | Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1999) | ?Kitty Films? (assumed from previous works) or J.C. Staff (according to only MAL)
aid=908 | Gundam-W: Endless Waltz | Sunrise
aid=8925 | High School DxD (2012) | TNK

more coming soon
aid=9102 | Hyouka: Motsubeki Mono wa | Kyoto Animation
aid=8510 | Ika Ice Tabenaika? | Diomedea
aid=8068 | Issho ni Training Ofuro: Bathtime with Hinako & Hiyoko | Primastea
aid=4147 | Kami-sama Kazoku | Toei Animation
aid=7183 | Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 Special Edition I: Celestial Being | Sunrise
aid=7184 | Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 Special Edition II: End of World | Sunrise
aid=7403 | Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 Special Edition III: Return the World | Sunrise
aid=9129 | Kore wa Zombie Desuka? (2012) | Studio Deen
aid=9241 | Kore wa Zombie Desuka? Of the Dead: Hai, Encore Arigatou Gozaimasu | Studio Deen
aid=600 | Mahou no Chocolate | Ishikawa Pro
aid=8804 | Natsu-iro Kiseki | Sunrise
aid=8659 | Natsu-iro Surprise | Manglobe
aid=8632 | Nonstop!! Hunters | Manglobe
aid=8432 | Perfect Day | Madhouse
aid=8685 | Sekiranun Graffiti | Studio Deen
aid=496 | Shin Kidou Senki Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Tokubetsu Hen | Sunrise
aid=9046 | Shinryaku!! Ika Musume | Diomedea
aid=9556 | Suisei no Gargantia | Production I.G
aid=6609 | Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Kirameki Youko Box: Pieces of Sweet Stars | Gainax
aid=6680 | Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu Hen | HuhHuh??
aid=8991 | Upotte!!: Miatte Waratte | ?Xebec?
aid=412 | Z.O.E Dolores,i | Sunrise

So 37/577 are wrong and from that we can assume that ani.db will be missing the studio information about 6% of the time.

Hopefully if they are informed that their site does not present important information 6% of the time they will fix it.
I have added in the names and studios for the shows missing data. The ones with ?xxx? is that I have assumed that this is the studio but have no hard evidence that this is true but 99% sure it is.
Added. Thanks.

Couple of changes:
I put Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1999) as "Kitty Film Mitaka Studio" (matches the first set of side stories).
And I put Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu Hen as "Enagio" based on the ANN page.

I went with "Xebec" for Upotte!!: Miatte Waratte, but I also couldn't find anything concrete.

You will likely need to clear your cache for the changes to take effect.
I can verify 100% that that is the correct studio for Upotte!! as confirmed via credits.
(2013-05-22, 05:41)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: aid=9102 | Hyouka: Motsubeki Mono wa | Kyoto Animation
aid=8510 | Ika Ice Tabenaika? | Diomedea
aid=8068 | Issho ni Training Ofuro: Bathtime with Hinako & Hiyoko | Primastea
aid=4147 | Kami-sama Kazoku | Toei Animation
aid=7183 | Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 Special Edition I: Celestial Being | Sunrise
aid=7184 | Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 Special Edition II: End of World | Sunrise
aid=7403 | Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 Special Edition III: Return the World | Sunrise
aid=9129 | Kore wa Zombie Desuka? (2012) | Studio Deen
aid=9241 | Kore wa Zombie Desuka? Of the Dead: Hai, Encore Arigatou Gozaimasu | Studio Deen
aid=600 | Mahou no Chocolate | Ishikawa Pro
aid=8804 | Natsu-iro Kiseki | Sunrise
aid=8659 | Natsu-iro Surprise | Manglobe
aid=8632 | Nonstop!! Hunters | Manglobe
aid=8432 | Perfect Day | Madhouse
aid=8685 | Sekiranun Graffiti | Studio Deen
aid=496 | Shin Kidou Senki Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Tokubetsu Hen | Sunrise
aid=9046 | Shinryaku!! Ika Musume | Diomedea
aid=9556 | Suisei no Gargantia | Production I.G
aid=6609 | Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Kirameki Youko Box: Pieces of Sweet Stars | Gainax
aid=6680 | Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu Hen | HuhHuh??
aid=8991 | Upotte!!: Miatte Waratte | ?Xebec?
aid=412 | Z.O.E Dolores,i | Sunrise

So 37/577 are wrong and from that we can assume that ani.db will be missing the studio information about 6% of the time.

Hopefully if they are informed that their site does not present important information 6% of the time they will fix it.
Hello, sorry to jump in but i have notice that Bleach and Shingeki no Kyojin are missing studio info

aid=2369|Bleach|Studio Pierrot
aid=9541|Shingeki no Kyojin|Wit Studio
Should be create some sort of system for posting missing studio data or is posting here fine? This way users can ensure that this scrapper is as comprehensive as possible by submitting missing information in a simplified manor.
(2013-05-26, 18:27)LordAnubis3 Wrote: Hello, sorry to jump in but i have notice that Bleach and Shingeki no Kyojin are missing studio info

aid=2369|Bleach|Studio Pierrot
Added. (Clear your cache, etc.)

(2013-05-26, 18:27)LordAnubis3 Wrote: aid=9541|Shingeki no Kyojin|Wit Studio
By my reckoning this should already work. Of course, it may not have when you posted (sorry for the delay), so try refreshing. I might be a little wary of adding supplemental information to too-new shows in case it becomes redundant.

(2013-05-29, 07:11)ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; Wrote: Should be create some sort of system for posting missing studio data or is posting here fine? This way users can ensure that this scrapper is as comprehensive as possible by submitting missing information in a simplified manor.
Quite a few ways to help - I'd say if you're just wanting to update one or two shows, it would be better to just PM me, so as not to flood the thread with posts, but if you do a whole batch, maybe post it in the thread and I'll +1 you for being extra-helpful Wink.
If you're familiar with Git and GitHub, you can also clone my repo, edit your copy of anime-list-master.xml directly, and then make a Pull Request (@Vaneska does it this way). That simplifies things greatly for me, but is a bit technical. You can also just post it as an issue there.

Aside from adding studios, there's plenty of other stuff to help with:

anime-list-todo.xml - This is a list of shows that don't yet have a mapping. In a lot of cases they just need the tvdbid and defaulttvdbseason (and/or imdbid/tmdbid). More complicated ones may need individual episode mappings (particularly for OVAs linked to TV series). Some of the shows are deliberately left out because the episodes were a mess on thetvdb when I looked, but they may have been fixed since then (the scraper should still manage to find artwork without a mapping).

anime-list-unknown.xml. This is a list of shows I couldn't find on thetvdb when I looked for them. I had a quick scan through this list a while back and managed to find quite a few that I either missed or that just got added in the meantime. There's probably plenty more to be got.

Updating episode mappings. Anything long-running, One Piece, Conan, Shippuuden, etc. needs its episode mappings periodically updating, so if you see episodes start to have empty plot descriptions (and auto-generated thumbs) despite having them on thetvdb, poke me to update. I am looking to fix this post-2.0.0.

anime-movieset-list.xml. (Currently only affects people using 2.0.0rc1). Still needs a lot of work. The format should be fairly obvious. "Official" collection titles for languages other than English need to be added... Any recent movies/OVAs might be missing (I wrote the list a while back, and only did a minor update before posting it)... Hentai titles are almost entirely missing...
sorry scudlee it still does not work for Shingeki no Kyojin. bleach works.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8