Choosing audio-/subtitle-stream before movie start
Hi,

is there any way to choose the audio- and subtitle-stream of a movie before it starts? Currently the only way I know of is using the audio popup dialog after the movie has started. I don't think that's a comfortable way, I'd like to have a popup where I can choose the audio and subtitle when I choose 'play' for a movie and the movie starts after my selection.
Almost all of my movies have 2 audio-streams (english and german) with the corresponding subtitles, and depending on with whom I'm watching a movie the selection of the audio-stream changes.

If there's a way of simply switching audio- and subtitle-stream with the Android XBMC Remote, that would be ok too, but I haven't found that option yet (if it exists).

Any help would be appreciated.
how should this be accomplished?
only when the movie os played it's clear, what soundtracks are available.
XBMC v12 will allow people to set global preferred language for both audio and subtitles.
(2012-10-22, 23:36)MicF Wrote: how should this be accomplished?
only when the movie os played it's clear, what soundtracks are available.

It seems like the required info is in the database - stream details, so it is a matter of exposing the info and allow the selection on the context menu or info page etc.

scott s.
Since XBMC remembers all of the settings made per movie, I presume it would be just setting the corresponding fields in the database prior to starting the movie. Could something like that be accomplished by some kind of addon? I'm not sure where such a functionality should be placed, in XBMC core, in addons or maybe in skins?
(2012-10-23, 00:29)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC v12 will allow people to set global preferred language for both audio and subtitles.

I tried to set this in alpha7, with no success.
Set it to German but still English is played. Maybe the match doesn't work, as the stream is called "Deutsch" (which is German in German ;-)).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choosing audio-/subtitle-stream before movie start0