Req Frame Advance and Slow Motion
I used to have a Popcorn Hour A-110 media tank (https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-ente...ank-review). This was an early out-of-the-box media player that used several open source players glued together with many bits of scripting. It had many limitations (e.g. it used different players for different media file types) but it had one nice feature: while paused it could advance your video frame by frame. I used it a lot to watch explosions and work out how the special effects guys had done what they did.

I really miss this in Kodi, and I'd love to see it added as a feature!

// FvW
(2019-09-17, 10:52)frankvw Wrote: I used to have a Popcorn Hour A-110 media tank (https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-ente...ank-review). This was an early out-of-the-box media player that used several open source players glued together with many bits of scripting. It had many limitations (e.g. it used different players for different media file types) but it had one nice feature: while paused it could advance your video frame by frame. I used it a lot to watch explosions and work out how the special effects guys had done what they did.

I really miss this in Kodi, and I'd love to see it added as a feature!

// FvW

Have you not read the previous posts? as it's already been added.
(2018-11-16, 21:30)Hitcher Wrote:
(2018-11-16, 21:21)dtviewer Wrote: Is this feature already implemented in some skins? 
If so..which ones?

Thanks in advance...
 I added it to Confluence and fTV awhile ago. 
Is it possible to add to Estuary?
(2019-09-17, 13:46)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you not read the previous posts? as it's already been added.

Somehow I managed to miss that. My bad. Sad Tnx!

// FvW
I've come across this post while searching for how to watch some of the sport that I have recorded off the TV in slow-motion, and seem to be within touching distance of a solution, but not quite there, so if anyone can help me finish off the setup, it would be much appreciated.

I'm running Kodi 17.6 on Ubuntu 18.04 on a dedicated box.

So I've tried to add a single frame advance to my MCE remote 'next chapter' button and also to 'Alt-a' on the keyboard, with the following keyboard.xml file :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <remote>
      <skipplus>PlayerControl(frameadvance(1))</skipplus>
    </remote>
    <keyboard>
      <a mod="alt">PlayerControl(frameadvance(1))</a>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

And this seems to have worked, as I get the following entries in the log (with debug logging enabled) when I pause a video and then press the relevant buttons :
22:55:34.266 T:139761216188352   DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 68975:000000037ff07be5 00 KEY_NEXT mceusb (KEY_NEXT)
22:55:34.266 T:139761216188352   DEBUG: OnKey: sleep (0xdf) pressed, action is PlayerControl(frameadvance(1))
22:55:37.126 T:139761216188352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x40, sym: 0x0134, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x100
22:55:37.127 T:139761216188352   DEBUG: OnKey: alt-leftalt (0x4f0d4) pressed, action is
22:55:37.633 T:139761216188352   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x26, sym: 0x0061, unicode: 0x0061, modifier: 0x100
22:55:37.633 T:139761216188352   DEBUG: OnKey: alt-a (0x4f041) pressed, action is PlayerControl(frameadvance(1))

HOWEVER Kodi just doesn't seem to do anything with the order it's being given.

For other keypresses, there appears to be feedback from the executed command in the log file, but no such info here, so it appears that Kodi is just not executing the command - do I need to enable something somewhere, or compile something in to get FrameAdvance functionality?

Thanks in advance for any help
Upgrade as it's a v18 feature.
Request: Expanded tempo range.
Down to 0.1 and up to 4.0 or more.
(2018-07-26, 06:40)Landstander Wrote: From what I understand, TempoUp and TempoDown currently give you a range of 0.75x to 1.55x (with some possible future changes coming), although it reads on my display as .8x to 1.5x since there is only 1 decimal place in the OSD.  So you do have Slow motion with sound already available.

It is thanks to TinyHands that I was able to capture the remote key.  Using the KeyMap addon you can set up the remote buttons to something you'll remember, and then either using ES File Explorer, or like I did, the BackUp addon to dump the gen.xml file to a removable device for editing.

From there you can see what the keyid is for the remote button.  For example I found <key id="61568"> is "Up Arrow" on my remote.  You can then set it to a custom function like PlayerControl(tempoup).

If you don't want to steal any buttons like directions or FF/Rewind, you should be able to use the modifier mod="longpress" such as:
Code:
<key id="61568" mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempoup)</key>
<key id="61569" mod="longpress">PlayerControl(tempodown)</key>
In theory that would keep up/down arrow function normal (BigStepForward, BigStepBackward), but long pressing the button would give it the tempoup/tempodown function.  (Although I think the opposite configuration might be more intuitive.)

I don't know anything about frame advancing though.  I haven't tried to assign what you suggested.

Is this working for everyone?  I'm trying this in Matrix, and it's not doing anything.  Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I'm trying both from paused and while the video is playing.  In neither case does anything happen.  I've tried both with and without the "longpress" modifier.  Other mapping functions work fine from the same keypresses.
(2021-01-18, 22:38)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is this working for everyone?  I'm trying this in Matrix, and it's not doing anything.  Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I'm trying both from paused and while the video is playing.  In neither case does anything happen.  I've tried both with and without the "longpress" modifier.  Other mapping functions work fine from the same keypresses.

As mentioned a few posts above, this is implemented by default in version 18 and above.

They are mapped to Alt+left arrow for down, and Alt+right arrow for up:

<left mod="alt">PlayerControl(tempodown)</left>
      <right mod="alt">PlayerControl(tempoup)</right>

These can be found in the default keymap "keyboard.xml", in the section <FullscreenVideo><keyboard>.
(2021-01-18, 23:07)Windrider6 Wrote:
(2021-01-18, 22:38)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is this working for everyone?  I'm trying this in Matrix, and it's not doing anything.  Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I'm trying both from paused and while the video is playing.  In neither case does anything happen.  I've tried both with and without the "longpress" modifier.  Other mapping functions work fine from the same keypresses.

As mentioned a few posts above, this is implemented by default in version 18 and above.

They are mapped to Alt+left arrow for down, and Alt+right arrow for up:

These can be found in the default keymap "keyboard.xml", in the section <FullscreenVideo><keyboard>.

I don't have the default keyboard.xml anymore, but I created a new one with nothing but the following:

<keymap>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Still does nothing. This is on Windows 10 with Kodi 18.9. Also can't get it to work on a Firestick with Matrix. And yes, I restarted Kodi each time after copying the new keyboard.xml.  No problem mapping other functions, including frame advance.   🤷
(2021-01-19, 01:21)Tarkus_ Wrote: I don't have the default keyboard.xml anymore, but I created a new one with nothing but the following:

<keymap>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Still does nothing. This is on Windows 10 with Kodi 18.9. Also can't get it to work on a Firestick with Matrix. And yes, I restarted Kodi each time after copying the new keyboard.xml.  No problem mapping other functions, including frame advance.   🤷
I have Windows 10 also.  The "keyboard.xml" I refer to is under "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\keymaps"
Confirm that it is there, please.

I recall I also had problems getting these Temp controls to work.  For some stupid reason, I didn't record my solution to the problem.  I did, though, write at the time a "Kodi configuration notes" document for myself to get Kodi working the way I like.  Right now none of the settings look like they apply to to this situation at all!

Perhaps that is because I did a clean install of the latest version of Kodi, and the Tempo controls work OK with it, so I didn't have anything to write about the solution for this.  H E double hockey sticks.  That was only 3 months ago, and I don't remember.

Sorry.
To use the tempo controls Sync Playback to Display needs to be enabled so check that.
(2021-01-19, 03:09)jjd-uk Wrote: To use the tempo controls Sync Playback to Display needs to be enabled so check that.

Aha!  That did it.  Thank you!

Thanks also to Windrider6 for your time and effort!
(2021-01-19, 03:09)jjd-uk Wrote: GTo use the tempo controls Sync Playback to Display needs to be enabled so check that.

Groan.  Now I remember.  Thanks jjd-uk.
Hi.  I'm seeking a way to screenshot a frame from an HDR video.  I came across this thread.  I'm able to seek frame by frame with an external player but it isn't an SDR video so the capture looks washed out.  I notice if I random pause HDR video in Matrix v19 final, because it uses Windows HDR vs nVidia HDR ie:, it indeed will screenshot in all its glory.

My question is, how can I frame advance/reverse to capture a precise video frame using Kodi VideoPlayer?

I've verified the v19 nightly from today has 
codes.

I press alt + left or right arrows and nothing happens although other keyboard shortcuts perform perfectly.
I've turned on/off Sync Playback to Display even though I passthrough audio just to see if I can get this working for myself but it doesn't matter.
I've restarted Kodi after making changes.

Am I doing something wrong, not doing enough, or do I have a misunderstanding of this function for my needs?
Thank you for any insight offered.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame Advance and Slow Motion3