How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?
Dan, did you successful progress? able to map those buttons?

Cheers
Add this file to the keymaps folder (which in openelec is found under /userdata/keymaps). I have found it at this forum:
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...0&start=20

I have a Samsung TV and this file has made many more buttons functional. It might work in your case as well. Try it.
(2012-11-11, 11:45)Woferon Wrote: I'm using Raspbmc on my RPi . It is connected through HDMI cable with my TV and my pilot is basically working, the only question I have is ... Is it possible to make these buttons work with RPi aswell ?

I've read about editing / creating files in .xbmc/userdata/keymaps but... how do I find out what "code" does these buttons have ? Any help would be appriciated.

On Panasonic E5 series to enable media control buttons on bottom of the remote, you have to change the operation mode. To change it, press bottom *Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*. After releasing *Power*-button, *Play*, *Pause*, etc should work in XBMC.

These instruction will work at least on following models: Panasonic TX-L32E5Y, TX-L37E5Y, TX-L42E5Y and TX-L47E5Y. If it works on other Panny models, please report.
Thanks isn74, that worked perfectly on my Panasonic TX-L37ET5B (2012)
Thanks isn74. Works fine also with TX-P42U20E
Does also work on Panasonic TX-P42S10
@isn74 Wow, that's awesome. I was searching like 2 hours to get these controls working. This hint should be added to the xbmc wiki!
(2013-03-16, 15:38)isn74 Wrote: On Panasonic E5 series to enable media control buttons on bottom of the remote, you have to change the operation mode. To change it, press bottom *Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*. After releasing *Power*-button, *Play*, *Pause*, etc should work in XBMC.

These instruction will work at least on following models: Panasonic TX-L32E5Y, TX-L37E5Y, TX-L42E5Y and TX-L47E5Y. If it works on other Panny models, please report.

I just stumbled on this thread, this is exactly what I am attempting to do. I have tried these steps and XBMC won't recognise the buttons. I have a model TH-L47ET5A. I'm using the KeyMap Editor Add-on to try to map them. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...map_Editor
All other buttons work fine.

Has anyone had more success?
(2014-06-13, 09:59)bevn Wrote: Has anyone had more success?

It works for me. Note, the "*Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*" magic is described in the user manual for my TV.
Might be worth checking your model's user manual just in case it uses a different code.
(2014-06-13, 12:25)popcornmix Wrote: It works for me. Note, the "*Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*" magic is described in the user manual for my TV.
Might be worth checking your model's user manual just in case it uses a different code.

Duh... I don't know what I was doing wrong but I checked the manual and confirmed it was the *Power* + *7*, *3*, *Stop*, I tried it again and it did work.
Thanks for the reply, not sure what I was doing wrong the first few times.
(2014-06-13, 12:25)popcornmix Wrote: It works for me. Note, the "*Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*" magic is described in the user manual for my TV.

Ok, so the buttons were working and then they stopped... I haven't changed the keymapping but have changed skins.
Why would the buttons stop working again? How could I try to re-enable them?
(2013-03-16, 15:38)isn74 Wrote: On Panasonic E5 series to enable media control buttons on bottom of the remote, you have to change the operation mode. To change it, press bottom *Power*-button, keep it pressed, and press *7* *3* *Stop*. After releasing *Power*-button, *Play*, *Pause*, etc should work in XBMC.

I have remote control model N2QAYB000715
the following worked

Press & hold power (there is no bottom power button, so this is the main one at the top)
press & hold stop (slightly different sequence to the above mentioned processs)
enter 73
(2014-06-16, 03:45)bevn Wrote:

Ok, so the buttons were working and then they stopped... I haven't changed the keymapping but have changed skins.
Why would the buttons stop working again? How could I try to re-enable them?

I've noticed that if I reboot pi I then have to restart tv too for these buttons (plus a couple more - guide and option) to work again.
(2014-06-16, 10:56)host505 Wrote: I've noticed that if I reboot pi I then have to restart tv too for these buttons (plus a couple more - guide and option) to work again.

Try this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ras...d_on_first
(2014-06-16, 12:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 10:56)host505 Wrote: I've noticed that if I reboot pi I then have to restart tv too for these buttons (plus a couple more - guide and option) to work again.

Try this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ras...d_on_first

I'm aware of that, and already applied months ago.
Anyway I repeated the edid.dat process and now the guide and option buttons seem to work (without having to restart the tv after restarting pi), but not the playback control buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I make additional buttons on my Panasonic remote work?0