Running from shared userdata location
Hi,

I have two instances of XBMC on two Raspberry Pis. They use a shared /userdata/ location.

When I change the weather addon settings the /userdata/addon_data/weather.wunderground/settings.xml file is updated in this shared location and both instances pick up the settings ok from this shared file.

However on one of the devices I get the following script error;

Code:
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/weather.wunderground/map/7A6D773A30303030302E312E3933373830-20121125173449.png')

It looks like it is trying to access an image from the /userdata/ path on the device itself, rather than the shared location. There is nothing in the /userdata/addon_data/weather.wunderground/map/ folder in the shared folder however.

The other instance seems to be working ok - i.e. no script errors. I have no idea why they are different as they were both fresh installs of Rasbmc at the same time.

The version that is erroring still shows the correct weather information, it just doesn't show the city name in the info section on the homepage, and I get the script error popup whenever I reboot (with the message above).

Does anyone know what might be the problem here?
yeah, you'll run into trouble when you share your addon_data folder.

the weather addon tries to download a weathermap image to the addon_data/weather.wunderground/map/ folder.
this folder needs to be a local folder, as downloading files directly to a remote share is not possible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-11-25, 17:46)ronie Wrote: yeah, you'll run into trouble when you share your addon_data folder.

the weather addon tries to download a weathermap image to the addon_data/weather.wunderground/map/ folder.
this folder needs to be a local folder, as downloading files directly to a remote share is not possible.

Hi Ronie - I have a number of addons which I share across both devices. It is very handy having a shared location, especially since I am reinstalling many times a week (while Raspbmc + XBMC are in development stages), as it saves me having to reconfigure the addons each time.

Is there any way the weather addon can be changed to support this type of installation? I.e. download the images to a temp location somewhere instead of the /userdata/addon_data/ path?

If not, does anyone know of a weather addon that will work with a shared /userdata/ path?

BTW - Thanks for answering my post!
In short no.
It was never meant to be used this way for sharing your addondata
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-25, 22:06)Martijn Wrote: In short no.

Hi Martijn - how is the addondata sharing designed to work? Is it not for sharing configurations across multiple devices?
(2012-11-25, 22:10)sumnerboy Wrote:
(2012-11-25, 22:06)Martijn Wrote: In short no.

Hi Martijn - how is the addondata sharing designed to work? Is it not for sharing configurations across multiple devices?

It was never designed to work with sharing addon_data only for playlists and now everyone is abusing it for something which will not work
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-11-25, 22:13)Martijn Wrote: It was never designed to work with sharing addon_data only for playlists and now everyone is abusing it for something which will not work

I see - I didn't realise that - I did think it was a pretty clever feature being able to use it that way, certainly saves a lot of time when reinstalling as often as I seem to do.

I will have a look around and see if any of the other weather plugins play nicely with this sort of setup.

Cheers,
Ben

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running from shared userdata location0