Rockchip RK3066 XBMC
I honestly wouldn't have a big problem using an external player, because from what i understood we can browse in xbmc menus but when we press play on the movie it will just automatically open in a different playe,r right?
The only issue i have with it is that im used to xbmc player to download subtitles using the add-on, its much easier to download the subtitles there. I can download them manually, its just a matter of convenience and being used to it now. But if other players can work with HD and read subtitles in the same folder, i guess its fine.

I found now a mk808 for a good price and im rethinking of buying it, but im just wondering if there will be more development for xbmc on the rk3066 and have a 100% working xbmc because soon other devices will start to show up and im afraid development on this one will be gone.
Any news/developments on xbmc with rk3066? I already received my mk808 and playing hd files was painful, only after installing mxplayer with h/w acceleration/decode i was able to play 720p but it still can't play full hd properly.
(2013-03-13, 16:39)stewiegriffin Wrote: Any news/developments on xbmc with rk3066? I already received my mk808 and playing hd files was painful, only after installing mxplayer with h/w acceleration/decode i was able to play 720p but it still can't play full hd properly.

There's a test build for Android with hardware acceleration. I haven't tested it but here it is:

Test-builds: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/android/

Latest (at this post's date): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Discussion thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152005
Thanks for the reply and links!
I will look into those and try it.
(2013-03-13, 16:39)stewiegriffin Wrote: Any news/developments on xbmc with rk3066? I already received my mk808 and playing hd files was painful, only after installing mxplayer with h/w acceleration/decode i was able to play 720p but it still can't play full hd properly.

experimental version of xbmc with hardware acceleration (and therefore hd playback) is called "libstagefright". i think the link has been posted in a post above this one.

also another option is a version of xbmc released by xbmchub which uses mxplayer when you press play on a video in xbmc (so therefore you get hd playback). its called the "XAF build" I think, or "first user-friendly version of xbmc"
(2013-03-13, 17:00)thebearnecessit Wrote: experimental version of xbmc with hardware acceleration (and therefore hd playback) is called "libstagefright". i think the link has been posted in a post above this one
does it work under linux or just Android?
(2013-03-13, 22:13)ciquta Wrote:
(2013-03-13, 17:00)thebearnecessit Wrote: experimental version of xbmc with hardware acceleration (and therefore hd playback) is called "libstagefright". i think the link has been posted in a post above this one
does it work under linux or just Android?

i just checked (by clicking on the link a few posts above) and the libstagefright is for android only. the discussion is in the android section of the forum and it only speaks of an apk file (which is an android file).

anyway as far as i know doesn't hardware acceleration (and therefore hd playback) work fine on the linux version of xbmc?
I just ordered me a Rikomagic MK802 IIIS and have some questions. will the xbmc with xs player do rared videos? is there a speed requirement on the microSD card?

can't wait to see how this pc works, gonna use it when I'm out traveling Big Grin
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
(2012-12-26, 10:03)IguanaC64 Wrote: I bought the Minix Neo X5 and I love it so far. Lots of stuff to mess with and plenty of ports. I've had bad luck trying to run XBMC Live on a PC. First machine would commonly corrupt the main partition when my wife tried to watch DVDs on the DVD drive (no matter how much I tried to tell her to stop doing that and I figured I'd upgrade it soon anyway). So I upgraded the box to an AMD Fusion and after a few weeks it quit booting. Now I just want a decent piece of hardware that I can run XBMC on. The Neo X5 has bluetooth (so I can pair wiimotes and PS3 controllers to it out of the box), wireless/wired networking, eSata port, 3 USB ports...so far running emulators on it has been pretty flawless. Heat is pretty much a non-issue and hardware acceleration seems good for the one PS1 game I played. My biggest disappointment (after the lack of XBMC hardware acceleration) is that the Hulu Plus app doesn't work yet. I tried accessing Hulu Plus through PlayOn and it just crashes when I try to watch a show (I get all the way to selecting the episode...hit play...crash).

Yes...I could configure an external player, but apparently it doesn't support watching movies over a Samba share unless I mount it to the file system. Since I have multiple shares for my stuff, this would be annoying...esp if I lose it every time I update firmware. I can't even find decent instructions on how to mount a windows file share to the Android OS that will automatically reconnect after reboots (Google is usually pretty helpful in this regard).

Once XBMC is sorted out and stable, I can finally decommission my old Asus O!Play.

You have to use the xbmc for Minix, get it at Minix.com.hk/support.htm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rockchip RK3066 XBMC1