• 14(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Is this possible to let user to configure what keywords are used to detect OU or SBS movie? P.S. for over under 'HOU' is more common than 'H-OU'
I hope you don't forget about "full" SBS (3840x1080), and "full" OU (1920x2160) files.
Do you plan automatically send 3D frame pack to TV (after switch to 3D) like in OMXPlayer?
(2013-05-22, 20:45)giaur Wrote: Is this possible to let user to configure what keywords are used to detect OU or SBS movie? P.S. for over under 'HOU' is more common than 'H-OU'

I am working on a user configurable setting to detect 3d movies. "HOU" can lead to false detection (HOUse at the end of the street). " HOU " can be used.

(2013-05-22, 21:24)plesken Wrote: I hope you don't forget about "full" SBS (3840x1080), and "full" OU (1920x2160) files.
Do you plan automatically send 3D frame pack to TV (after switch to 3D) like in OMXPlayer?

It will be great if the player can send frame packed 3d. I am just a newbie and let us hope the experienced coders will do it.
(2013-05-23, 05:07)baijuxavior Wrote: "HOU" can lead to false detection (HOUse at the end of the street). " HOU " can be used.

What about '.HOU.' (with dots) or ' HOU ' (with spaces)?
This:

Each tag should be comma separated. Quotes is not required, but will give better idea if the tags have space as in ' HOU '.
I meant somethig else when saying about dots/spaces. Dots or spaces can be some soulution to avoid false detections. For example:

Movie.Title.1080p.hOU.mkv

There are almost always hOU/hSBS between dots (or spaces). So, to avoid false detections maybe good idea can be a dots/spces in keyword or (alternatively), detect keywords only between dots/spaces?
Matroska files have a StereoMode option in the container to indicate what type of 3D is used. Would be great if XBMC could support that at some point.

Link to spec: http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/...StereoMode
I use the format moviename.3d.sbs.blu-ray.mkv as it avoids false detection. Used a btach renamer to change the filenames.
please move the file name patterns to advanced settings, there is no reason to have them visible/editable in gui and will for sure be blocked by our devs.

@sialivi
matroska 3d tags are already read and used
(2013-05-23, 19:29)da-anda Wrote: and will for sure be blocked by our devs.
It's too bad IMHO there should be gui dialog for advanced settings like this and not necessarily some text file somewhere only. Some kind "advanved settings" tab is enough (and I'm not talking about 3d only). Well considered gui can eliminate need to editing files by hand. But this is my opinion only, you can agree or not.

I agree a lot of advanced and only occasionally neede to change options in main preferences menu is not good idea, but looking for some text files, reading documnetation (not always up to date docs), etc is always pain.
(2013-05-22, 16:01)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2013-05-21, 23:16)da-anda Wrote: [quote='giaur' pid='1426122' dateline='1369136704']

my plan was to add the 3D toggle and cycle functions to the full screen OSD in the same way as it recently has been done for subtitles in Confluence. They simply don't make sense at current position.

@3D detection via ffmpeg
ffmpeg is already used

I replaced the 3d toggle function with a menu which is much easier to use.

The 3d settings page:

User prompt to select the mode of playback if the option 'preferred playback mode for 3d' is set to 'show choice':

3D Mode - GUI switches to 3d view, 2D Mode - GUI switched to 2D and movie converted to 2D, Normal mode - 2D GUI and movie is untouched.

3d detection strings for SBS movies - A simple "SBS" will do the trick but also added "3DSBS", "HSBS", H-SBS, "3D.SBS", " SBS ".

3d detection strings for OU movies - "3DTAB", "HTAB", "3DOU", "3D.OU", " OU ", "H-OU". Strings OU and TAB are not used as they can result in false detection.

I personally use MovieName.3D.SBS.Blu-Ray format as it can show 3D blu-ray cover in Aeon Nox skin.

Two bugs to fix - 3d subtitle depth is not working in OU mode. Conversion from 3d to 2d is not working if the gui is already in 3d mode.

huh?
Will 3d be supported in gotham? Also full 3d?
only if it is ready in time
(2013-05-23, 20:39)giaur Wrote:
(2013-05-23, 19:29)da-anda Wrote: and will for sure be blocked by our devs.
It's too bad IMHO there should be gui dialog for advanced settings like this and not necessarily some text file somewhere only. Some kind "advanved settings" tab is enough (and I'm not talking about 3d only). Well considered gui can eliminate need to editing files by hand. But this is my opinion only, you can agree or not.

I agree a lot of advanced and only occasionally neede to change options in main preferences menu is not good idea, but looking for some text files, reading documnetation (not always up to date docs), etc is always pain.
There are discussions to maybe add some of the advanced settings to the GUI in "expert mode" which is now possible, but IMO regexp stuff is really nothing for GUI. The defaults simply have to be made good enough to just work for 99%.
(2013-05-23, 22:10)da-anda Wrote: only if it is ready in time

Cool, so its being worked on?i first thought this topic was only for 3d subs...
What do you think about this: create separate tab for 3D settings and place all settings there (yes, including keywords too). Just the same schema as LiveTV - enabled/disabled switch (because not all people need this functionality) and the rest options in the same window.

I don't think "Video Output" page is good place to place to 3d settings. It's good if there are 2-3 options for 3d but it seems there are much more settings posible. Thus, to avoid mess on video output settings page, there are 2 solutions: move some options found as "not critical" to advancedsettings file (as you proposed), or simply create separate settings page for 3D only and move all 3d options there. Since I really don't like editing any text files (the worst thing: I need to restart program to see any changes), I think the second solution is better and also, more intuitive.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11