• 20(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
In case somebody wants to test my additions/changes - here is a windows build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...f-HEAD.exe

What's still missing is:
- subtitle depths
- flip left/right image
- fix wrong height of video with FULLSBS files
- automatic switch of TV into 3D mode (not sure if we can do this at all on non-embedded platforms)
Going to install your build tonight. 3d without changing to 3d mode on the TV still doesnt work right?
right - still doesn't work and won't work for a long time unless someone finds a solution for it (AFAIK there is no API for GPU drivers to send this command via HDMI)
Hello,
Any chance to have a build for raspberry pi ?
Thanks.
(2013-06-06, 17:24)da-anda Wrote: right - still doesn't work and won't work for a long time unless someone finds a solution for it (AFAIK there is no API for GPU drivers to send this command via HDMI)

Your version is looking good so far.

The switch back after playback stopped is looking a bit laggy but not really a problem.

Im not really sure what exactly the TV changes when switching to 3D mode but wouldnt it be possible to layer the images via software so that the TV doesnt have to change anything?

Not really a feature request, just interested if this would be possible.
(2013-06-07, 01:19)TeKo Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 17:24)da-anda Wrote: right - still doesn't work and won't work for a long time unless someone finds a solution for it (AFAIK there is no API for GPU drivers to send this command via HDMI)

Your version is looking good so far.

The switch back after playback stopped is looking a bit laggy but not really a problem.

Im not really sure what exactly the TV changes when switching to 3D mode but wouldnt it be possible to layer the images via software so that the TV doesnt have to change anything?

Not really a feature request, just interested if this would be possible.

The gui change may take a few seconds since the skin needs to be reloaded.

TV can detect 3D signal and change to 3D mode if we can send frame packed 3d frames. Stereoscopic player and WinDVD can convert SBS and OU movies to framepacked 3D and the TV will automatically switch to 3D mode.
(2013-06-07, 01:19)TeKo Wrote: Your version is looking good so far.

Thanks. Yes, it's lagging a bit, but that's because there is a little delay until a change of the stereoscopic setting is applied and the render system has to finish it's current rendering cycle with old settings until it switches to the new mode.
I found a way to not have to reload the entire skin if we switch stereo modes. The switching is now instantly and feels quite nice. Also, elupus had a look at my PR and liked it - only some smaller refactors needed. So expect the feature set to be in main 3D development repo soon. Hopefully we manage to fix the last known issues and missing features soon so that we can create a PR for inclusion in main line.

Btw - Linux should also compile now in my branch - so if somebody can build and wants to test it - go ahead.
I pulled the 3d branch by da-anda - great work!

A few suggestions/bugs to fix:

1. When gui switches at playback start or stop, the notification message is blank. Infact at playstop the blank message appears twice. This problem was there earlier too. This blank message is not from the QueueNotification in stereoscopic manager .

2. A dedicated dialog window for stereomode selection and playback choice query will be nice. The current dialog window size is too large.

3. We should be able to toggle the stereomode selection window on pressing the shortcut - on first press the window is displayed and on next press the window should be closed . At present we have to press 'Esc' to close the window.

4. If possible add the 3D OSD menu for Aeon Nox skin.

5. The 3D OSD menu can be made visible always if stereoscopic support is enabled. This way user can bring up the osd menu and select appropriate 3d mode , if the movie has no auto detection tags.

6. You can use the subtitle depth code I used. It functions only for SBS view though. In O/U mode the subtitle depth is not working.
Is keymap for switch between 3d modes not supported anymore? I have file 3d.xml in directory lib/xbmc/system/keymaps/ with following content:

Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><y>3dmode</y></keyboard></global></keymap>

But nohting happens when I press 'y' key. What should I do to make it working again?

[edit]
So this is my little summary after testing latest 3d:
- live tv doesn't work anymore, here is the thread for this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166711 (maybe it's not 3d related, probably pvr it's entirely broken in xbmc 13)
- keymap for change 3d mode from keyboard doesn't work anymore (as mentioned above)
- xbmc crhashes immediatelly after switching to 3d mode (autodetecting), this is xbmc crash log: http://pastebin.com/GVmXdqmG

I don't want to test more, because in any case - I don't want xbmc without live tv support. But it seems there is a lot of work remaining to do. I mean this sources: https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/tree/3d compiled hour ago.

[edit]
After disabling vaapi no more crashes, but:
- interlaced mode doesn't work
- over under mode result:

Sorry, but all of this seems to be unusable (?) Why the movie is not unthouched ?!
* vaapi was broken for 3d. fixed in my branch.
* interlaced aught to work too.
* keymap actions have changed names (togglestereomode, nextstereomode, previousstereomode).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What about my screenshot? Movie is displayed incorrectly. Do you have any idea why? Interlaced option has no effect also.
until you have re-tested with my branch i'm not going to be able to say anything.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-06-08, 09:57)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. When gui switches at playback start or stop, the notification message is blank. Infact at playstop the blank message appears twice. This problem was there earlier too. This blank message is not from the QueueNotification in stereoscopic manager .
should be fixed in latest version. Was related to the skin reload which is not done anymore

(2013-06-08, 09:57)baijuxavior Wrote: 2. A dedicated dialog window for stereomode selection and playback choice query will be nice. The current dialog window size is too large.
Yes and No. Not a dedicated dialog is needed but rather a way for skins to change the style of a dialog depending on context/the contained content. I'd also like it to show thumbnails of the stereo modes. But that's some future improvement.

(2013-06-08, 09:57)baijuxavior Wrote: 3. We should be able to toggle the stereomode selection window on pressing the shortcut - on first press the window is displayed and on next press the window should be closed . At present we have to press 'Esc' to close the window.
not sure what you mean. In the GUI, or the keyboard shortcut? If it's not auto closing after selection something's wrong.

(2013-06-08, 09:57)baijuxavior Wrote: 4. If possible add the 3D OSD menu for Aeon Nox skin.
the Aeon Nox guys have to do this

(2013-06-08, 09:57)baijuxavior Wrote: 5. The 3D OSD menu can be made visible always if stereoscopic support is enabled. This way user can bring up the osd menu and select appropriate 3d mode , if the movie has no auto detection tags.
people should rather fix their movies Wink Personally I don't want to add clutter to the GUI if it's of no use - so I don't want it to be visible all the time. But if this buttons are shown or not is totally up to the skins. Maybe we add a skin setting to confluence to change that - but for now I'd like to keep it as is.

(2013-06-08, 09:57)baijuxavior Wrote: 6. You can use the subtitle depth code I used. It functions only for SBS view though. In O/U mode the subtitle depth is not working.
If it's partly broken we shouldn't add it as it will only cause tons of bug reports.

(2013-06-08, 13:47)giaur Wrote: Is keymap for switch between 3d modes not supported anymore? I have file 3d.xml in directory lib/xbmc/system/keymaps/ with following content:
Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><y>3dmode</y></keyboard></global></keymap>
the name changed. Also there are different options now:
- stereomode (triggers a select dialog for quick stereomode switch)
- nextstereomode
- previousstereomode
- togglestereomode (switch on/off)
- stereomodetomono (toggles between 3D and 2D rendering of the video)

(2013-06-08, 13:47)giaur Wrote: So this is my little summary after testing latest 3d:
- live tv doesn't work anymore, here is the thread for this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166711 (maybe it's not 3d related, probably pvr it's entirely broken in xbmc 13)
- keymap for change 3d mode from keyboard doesn't work anymore (as mentioned above)
- xbmc crhashes immediatelly after switching to 3d mode (autodetecting), this is xbmc crash log: http://pastebin.com/GVmXdqmG

I don't want to test more, because in any case - I don't want xbmc without live tv support. But it seems there is a lot of work remaining to do. I mean this sources: https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/tree/3d compiled hour ago.

[edit]
After disabling vaapi no more crashes, but:
- interlaced mode doesn't work
- over under mode result:

1) liveTV issues are not related to this
2) keymap names changed, see above
3) this is fixed in latest version. Point is, VAAPI/VDPAU doesn't support HW decoding for videos > 1080p and you most likely watched a FULL-SBS/TAB video
4) don't have linux, can't tell
5) over/under issue should be skin related - try Confluence and report if you experience the same issue - if not, bug skin maintainer. Or, add proper SBS/TAB flags to your movies filename or add the according MKV meta tags.

btw - official PR has been created: PR2848
(2013-06-08, 16:18)da-anda Wrote: this is fixed in latest version. Point is, VAAPI/VDPAU doesn't support HW decoding for videos > 1080p and you most likely watched a FULL-SBS/TAB video
You are wrong. This was 1080p half ou video. VAAPI -> crash, VDPAU-> works. I don't even need vaapi, vdpau is enough.

(2013-06-08, 16:18)da-anda Wrote: over/under issue should be skin related - try Confluence and report if you experience the same issue - if not, bug skin maintainer. Or, add proper SBS/TAB flags to your movies filename or add the according MKV meta tags.
But this was tested on Confluence skin! The movie has 'htab' and it was autoswitched to over under mode. You can see final result on my screenshot. It's not looking good, am I right?

(2013-06-08, 16:18)da-anda Wrote: liveTV issues are not related to this
Yes, I know but:
(2013-06-08, 15:07)opdenkamp Wrote: i won't even look at the log with that combination of sources

In this case - can you please tell me where/how to ask for support?
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11