• 56(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
anyone looked already into the build-in stereoscopic support of directx? whould probably be a lot less complicated to implement than vendor specific solutions for frame packaging in windows.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsap...o-9b2b61aa
(2014-01-23, 20:57)thecYrus Wrote: anyone looked already into the build-in stereoscopic support of directx? whould probably be a lot less complicated to implement than vendor specific solutions for frame packaging in windows.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsap...o-9b2b61aa
This only on Windows 8.1 + DirecX 11.1. xbmc supports only DirectX 9.0
Hi all

I'm ripping my 3D bluray collection, and want to store them on my nas box.

I use dvdfab for the ripping to tab mode, since i have a passive lg tv.

I have an issue with the subtitles displaying double. One in the right place at the buttom of the screen, and one roughly in the middle of the screen.

I tried both half and full tab.

In the mkv file there is a sub track in PGS format

Any help would be greatly appreciated

//TjaLfE
This is because the subtitle is already in 3d which is then further split by xbmc. Use SRT subtitle or don't use the 3d mode in xbmc.
(2014-01-19, 21:24)da-anda Wrote: for everybody that had issues with video playlists, could you please check if this windows test build has correct behavior for you?
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...-fixes.exe

Though I don't use windows, I did compile your GIT hub branch. Lately I have been having issues with 3D movies not playing properly(no audio with either jerky playback or high speed playback). I did manage to get some testing in..

XBMC does recognize the videos, but seemed to stay on the previous stereoscopic mode. If a SBS video was played before a HOU video, the HOU video would be converted to SBS(properly converted) instead of XBMC changing to HOU mode.
(2014-01-26, 07:55)giftie Wrote:
(2014-01-19, 21:24)da-anda Wrote: for everybody that had issues with video playlists, could you please check if this windows test build has correct behavior for you?
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...-fixes.exe

Though I don't use windows, I did compile your GIT hub branch. Lately I have been having issues with 3D movies not playing properly(no audio with either jerky playback or high speed playback). I did manage to get some testing in..

XBMC does recognize the videos, but seemed to stay on the previous stereoscopic mode. If a SBS video was played before a HOU video, the HOU video would be converted to SBS(properly converted) instead of XBMC changing to HOU mode.
I hope you haven't compiled form my branch in the last two days, because I added some highly experimental and still WIP stuff to that branch (I would like to store the stereo_mode reliable in the DB so that we can create smartplaylists for 3D movies). So please only use the first two commits ("[3D] fix stereoscopic handling of playlists with mixed stereo modes", and "[3D] hide stereomode of movie in ask dialog if preferred mode is same… ").
As for the behavior. What's your preferred stereo mode? If you have set it to "same as movie" it should do what you want. If it's something else it'll stay in that preferred mode. That's at least how it should work.
(2014-01-25, 20:52)TjaLfE Wrote: I use dvdfab for the ripping to tab mode, since i have a passive lg tv.

I have an issue with the subtitles displaying double. One in the right place at the buttom of the screen, and one roughly in the middle of the screen.
If you can, tell DVDfab to NOT make the subtitles stereoscopic. XBMC will double the subtitles on it's own and in case the sub is already encoded doubled you'll get the result you currently see (atm we can't detect if subtitles are stereoscopic as well).

Could somebody maybe provide a short sample with such subtitles for testing (link probably best via PM, or in case of an OpenSource movie, link to that movie). Thanks
Hello!
Sorry if my question is double-posted. Where i can find latest build with Intel® InTru™ 3D support?
Nightly and monthly builds lack this. I found one of those builds in this thread, and i wonder if work is in progress or no one interested in frame packing implementation any more?
we are interested, but it's a feature that won't make it into the upcoming Gotham release (we're already in feature freeze). Also it needs much more testing and I'm not sure if we can/want to ship vendor specific dlls and such.
@da-anda
Thanks for clarified the situation.
(2014-01-26, 12:47)acidizer Wrote: Hello!
Sorry if my question is double-posted. Where i can find latest build with Intel® InTru™ 3D support?
Nightly and monthly builds lack this. I found one of those builds in this thread, and i wonder if work is in progress or no one interested in frame packing implementation any more?

Try http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1463969. I don't know if it will work. I tried it on nVidia GPU, but the 3d conversion didn't work, eventhough my TV detects a 3D signal.
(2014-01-26, 14:18)da-anda Wrote: we are interested, but it's a feature that won't make it into the upcoming Gotham release (we're already in feature freeze). Also it needs much more testing and I'm not sure if we can/want to ship vendor specific dlls and such.
In my opinion all libs are free.
Intel® Media SDK 2014 for Clients
AMD Quad-Buffer SDK
NVAPI

There is the lastest build with InTru 3D support https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...nlDc0FzMGs . Use it at your own risk.
(2014-01-26, 20:15)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 14:18)da-anda Wrote: we are interested, but it's a feature that won't make it into the upcoming Gotham release (we're already in feature freeze). Also it needs much more testing and I'm not sure if we can/want to ship vendor specific dlls and such.
In my opinion all libs are free.
Intel® Media SDK 2014 for Clients
AMD Quad-Buffer SDK
NVAPI

There is the lastest build with InTru 3D support https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...nlDc0FzMGs. Use it at your own risk.

Thanks for providing that. I tried it on my system Intel i5 and GeForce 660ti, but 'hardware based' mode is just the same as Side-by-Side. Is there something I missed?
(2014-01-27, 08:55)Tomkun Wrote: Thanks for providing that. I tried it on my system Intel i5 and GeForce 660ti, but 'hardware based' mode is just the same as Side-by-Side. Is there something I missed?
Your display connected to GeForce? right? Connect it to HDMI port at motherboard.
@afedchin
Thanks for the replay, i will give it a try tonight. Please edit the link you posted and remove DOT from the end of the link, for fellas unfamiliar with Google drive Smile Where can i follow the development process and participate as tester?

@baijuxavior
Thanks.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11