• 57(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2014-01-27, 08:59)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 08:55)Tomkun Wrote: Thanks for providing that. I tried it on my system Intel i5 and GeForce 660ti, but 'hardware based' mode is just the same as Side-by-Side. Is there something I missed?
Your display connected to GeForce? right? Connect it to HDMI port at motherboard.
So I can't have the display through the graphics card, just the integrated graphics?
@Tomkun
Integrated graphics disabled once external PCI-E card is inserted
(2014-01-27, 09:02)acidizer Wrote: @afedchin
Thanks for the replay, i will give it a try tonight. Please edit the link you posted and remove DOT from the end of the link, for fellas unfamiliar with Google drive Smile Where can i follow the development process and participate as tester?

@baijuxavior
Thanks.
After Gotam release I will create a thread at this forum.

(2014-01-27, 09:06)Tomkun Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 08:59)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 08:55)Tomkun Wrote: Thanks for providing that. I tried it on my system Intel i5 and GeForce 660ti, but 'hardware based' mode is just the same as Side-by-Side. Is there something I missed?
Your display connected to GeForce? right? Connect it to HDMI port at motherboard.
So I can't have the display through the graphics card, just the integrated graphics?
Yes, Intel InTru 3D can be used only if display connected to the integrated graphics. The version I've posted above support Nvidia also, but you need enable sterescopic into NVidia Control Panel.
(2014-01-27, 09:14)afedchin Wrote:
Thanks for the replay, i will give it a try tonight. Please edit the link you posted and remove DOT from the end of the link, for fellas unfamiliar with Google drive Smile Where can i follow the development process and participate as tester?

@baijuxavior
Thanks.

You are my personal Jesus Christ! Angel
(2014-01-27, 09:14)afedchin Wrote:

@baijuxavior
Thanks.

(2014-01-27, 09:06)Tomkun Wrote:
(2014-01-27, 08:59)afedchin Wrote: Your display connected to GeForce? right? Connect it to HDMI port at motherboard.
Yes, Intel InTru 3D can be used only if display connected to the integrated graphics. The version I've posted above support Nvidia also, but you need enable sterescopic into NVidia Control Panel.

I tried it connected to the integrated graphics, but that way I lost all the perks of the discrete card, including 3D vision, so that is not an option.

Connected to the NVidia card, I am still just getting a SBS picture. I have 3D Vision enabled and working correctly in games etc, so I don't think it's that.

Some thoughts...

I actually use 3DTV play rather than 3D Vision, althought they should be compatible. Is that a possibility?

The videos I am trying to play are OU, could that make a difference?
(2014-01-27, 10:42)Tomkun Wrote: I tried it connected to the integrated graphics, but that way I lost all the perks of the discrete card, including 3D vision, so that is not an option.

Connected to the NVidia card, I am still just getting a SBS picture. I have 3D Vision enabled and working correctly in games etc, so I don't think it's that.

Some thoughts...

I actually use 3DTV play rather than 3D Vision, althought they should be compatible. Is that a possibility?

The videos I am trying to play are OU, could that make a difference?
There is no difference what type of video do you play. xbmc will convert it to the format which driver understand. As I say above the Intel InTru 3D can be used only if display connected to integrated GPU. So wait until nvidia support to be in usable state.

Edit: It will be awesome if you take a part in upcoming testing.
I'll gladly help as much as I can. Just tell me what I can do!
I will be happy to test 3D functionality with Nvidia/3DTV as well! Can't wait for it Smile
(2014-01-26, 11:53)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-01-26, 07:55)giftie Wrote: [quote='da-anda' pid='1604839' dateline='1390159468']
for everybody that had issues with video playlists, could you please check if this windows test build has correct behavior for you?
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...-fixes.exe

Though I don't use windows, I did compile your GIT hub branch. Lately I have been having issues with 3D movies not playing properly(no audio with either jerky playback or high speed playback). I did manage to get some testing in..

XBMC does recognize the videos, but seemed to stay on the previous stereoscopic mode. If a SBS video was played before a HOU video, the HOU video would be converted to SBS(properly converted) instead of XBMC changing to HOU mode.
I hope you haven't compiled form my branch in the last two days, because I added some highly experimental and still WIP stuff to that branch (I would like to store the stereo_mode reliable in the DB so that we can create smartplaylists for 3D movies). So please only use the first two commits ("[3D] fix stereoscopic handling of playlists with mixed stereo modes", and "[3D] hide stereomode of movie in ask dialog if preferred mode is same… ").
I compiled from the same day you posted the Windows Binary link, so I think I only have the two that you have pointed out, I'll double check a bit later..
Quote:As for the behavior. What's your preferred stereo mode? If you have set it to "same as movie" it should do what you want. If it's something else it'll stay in that preferred mode. That's at least how it should work.
I am pretty sure I have it set that way, it works fine for individual movies(have H-SBS and H-OU files for testing) I also will check this again.
@afedchin and anyone else interested.

Today a new beta version of the NVidia drivers was released, so I decided to try to install them and retry the InTru 3d version of XBMC again.

Lo and behold it works perfectly. I don't know if there was something in the drivers or if I had something set up incorrectly, but now it works.

However, it is not all roses. 3D Vision does not have a profile for XBMC and the default sets all the menus at quite a depth in the screen. This means that you need to use your 3D glasses at all times while using XBMC, or toggle the 3D mode off.

Toggling it on and off is not an ideal option because 1) it is not intuitive, 2) the default shortcut (ctrl-t) conflicts with other XBMC commands.

The solution I have come up with so far is to create a profile for XBMC using nvidiaInspector. Once done, you can alter the convergence so that all of the XBMC menus are at screen depth and will therefore not require glasses to view (each eye is identical). So far, with the little testing I've done it seems to be working perfectly well.

NOTE:
Another option would be to set the Stereoscopic Mode 'current' to Hardware based too. Unfortunately this gets reset to 'None' on every restart. If anyone knows how to stop that, please let me know!
@Tomkun
Instead of switching 3D mode manually with shortcut you can use file tagging, and XBMC will switch stereoscopic mode automatically.
Take a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173385 .
That is not the problem. The problem is that NVidia 3D vision tries to dislplay everything in 3D. Not just the movies. It does this via 3D Vision automatic, which is enabled by default. I haven't figured out how to disable it without disabling 3D Vision completely.
(2014-01-28, 11:12)Tomkun Wrote: That is not the problem. The problem is that NVidia 3D vision tries to dislplay everything in 3D. Not just the movies. It does this via 3D Vision automatic, which is enabled by default. I haven't figured out how to disable it without disabling 3D Vision completely.
Try change StereoDefaultOn key value in the registry from 1 to 0

For 32-bit Windows:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]

For 64-bit Windows:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]

Then set into xbmc Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate to match video to "On start/stop"
(2014-01-28, 12:25)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 11:12)Tomkun Wrote: That is not the problem. The problem is that NVidia 3D vision tries to dislplay everything in 3D. Not just the movies. It does this via 3D Vision automatic, which is enabled by default. I haven't figured out how to disable it without disabling 3D Vision completely.
Try change StereoDefaultOn key value in the registry from 1 to 0

For 32-bit Windows:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]

For 64-bit Windows:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D]

Then set into xbmc Settings -> Video -> Playback -> Adjust display refresh rate to match video to "On start/stop"

Thanks for the default on tip - that part works great, but unfortunately the Adjust display refresh rate is not starting 3D vision. Ctrl-T still works, but also adjusts the subtitle position due to a conflict.
Unfortunately, this is issue this implementation of 3D vision in xbmc. May be in next version there is no issues with auto switch 3D Vision stereoscopic mode.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11