• 63(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
@elupups - read a few posts back on this page - he's using Openelec Gotham Beta on an AMD APU (E1-2100).
And the scaling settings?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Also, please reproduce on a non open electronic system. I won't put much effort in supporting oe.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-03-18, 15:53)elupus Wrote: And the scaling settings?

It was at all scaling settings. By default I believe it was Auto

I tried a windows install on same machine and it worked no problem but the acceleration options are completely different.

It works fine for me as long as I turn off "Prefer VDPAU Video Mixer".

If you really want to debug it, I am happy to try to reproduce on a linux build instead of OE and attach any logs or screenshots you want. But it seems like its a driver / acceleration issue which with an easy enough fix of turning off a setting, probably not worth your time.

That said, it does seem like 3d is doing some unnecessary processing. If a video is already SBS and you play it SBS shouldn't xbmc just play the file and not process it? I guess if processing is working properly no one would ever notice.
it has to process it for each eye because we can't assume the video is always displayed fullscreen in skins
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with the playback of a full over/under file (1920x2160).
I'm using openelec 3.95.2. I added a modeline for 1920x2205 and it shows up in XBMC as 1920x2205 tab. If I choose this resolution in system settings, the XBMC interface switches to full HD over under and my TV switches automatically as well.

When I try to play the 1920x2160 file the aspect ratio is completely wrong. I read somewhere that the mkv header needs to be 1920x1080 so I changed that, but now it only shows the top image and it ignores the rest (so I get a full HD 2D image).
The only way I can get it to be watchable, is setting the pixel ratio to 2, manually setting XBMC and my TV to OU but then I only have half-OU.

I can't seem to get the file to play at the 1920x2205 resolution. The file itself is 1920x2160. Can XBMC add the 45 blank lines needed to get to the standard 2205? Will it work if I reencode to 1920x2205 with the blank lines? (it takes a while to do that so I would like some advice before I start).

Does anybody know a solution for this problem?

thx
Have you tried setting the actual values in your mkv headers for resolution, stereo mode, etc? According to the 3D wiki xbmc can now read mkv headers.

I don't have any tab videos but this seems to work well with sbs.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I did try playing with the MKV headers allready. I tried some different options and if I set display height and width to 1920x540 or 3840x2160 it plays with the correct aspect ratio. Pixel height and width remained at 1920x2160.
I believe that, certainly with the 3840x2160, it should send a full over-under picture to the TV. It looks good and I wanted to take a screenshot to verify, but for some reason it won't take screenshots.

I do have to set the reolution manually to the 1920x2205 in system>video output before I open the file to get full over/under.
Otherwise it rescales the video to half over/under. It would be nice that if XBMC detected it was a 3D movie, it would switch to the 1920x2205 resolution automatically. Now it detects a 3D movie, sets the interface to half over under and I have to manually set my tv to over ( and I loose half the resolution).
OpenGL hardware acceleration success on Windows. I have an Nvidia GT 240M graphics card.

I have an LG passive 3D monitor. There's no interlaced option with the DirectX version on Windows.

I just compiled an OpenGl release of XBMC Gotham from git sources.

Not only does the interlaced option appear:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6ykqpetmf0lc7...rlaced.png

also, under acceleration, hardware acceleration is enabled:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs7vgg65t00m4t...erated.png

Interlaced 3D HSBS works perfectly fine with OpenGL on my Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. The 3D video is not choppy at all. In fact, none of the videos I tested show any sign of choppiness.

First, I installed Gotham beta 2. Then, I compiled the XBMC Gotham OpenGL binary and subsituted it in the XBMC program folder. I also had to add libxslt.dll and glew32.dll to the XBMC program folder.

For some reason, my NextPVR PVR addon gets disabled in the OpenGL version and doesn't work. Beyond that, everything else works.

The Windows XBMC OpenGL version idea came to me after seeing how OpenGL 3D interlaced worked so well on Ubuntu 13.10

Edit: I just watched a blu-ray with AnyDVD HD running in the back. No choppiness at all.

As you can see:
Code:
21:38:44 T:1416  NOTICE: GL_VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
21:38:44 T:1416  NOTICE: GL_RENDERER = GeForce GT 240M/PCIe/SSE2
21:38:44 T:1416  NOTICE: GL_VERSION = 3.3.0
21:38:44 T:1416  NOTICE: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
21:38:44 T:1416  NOTICE: GL_GPU_MEMORY_INFO_TOTAL_AVAILABLE_MEMORY_NVX = 1048576
21:38:44 T:1416  NOTICE: GL_GPU_MEMORY_INFO_DEDICATED_VIDMEM_NVX = 1048576
I'm sorry to say, but OpenGL on windows is more than outdated and I'm surprised it's working for you. That build option should have been removed long ago AFAIK. And I think I can assure you that you don't(!) have any HW accelerated video decoding even though setting is indicating it (there is no HW decoding method listed below that option which you would have to tick as well to get HW accel).
You are correct. There's no real OpenGL HW acceleration.

I have the 2 XBMC binaries: XBMC.exe.gl for OpenGL and XBMC.exe.dx for DirectX. I just rename to XBMC.exe the version I want to use.

I've been running some comparison and monitoring results with GPU-Z. Although the OpenGL decoding is taking place on the GPU, GPU load and GPU power consumption is about twice as high with OpenGL than with DirectX.

Also, selecting software decoding with OpenGL, does not give any different results. This all seems to indicate that it's a software based OpenGL decoding taking place on the GPU, not hardware based as you mention. Since the OpenGL decoding is software based, it's also causing higher CPU usage. But, it works without any stuttering! The picture is also a little darker with OpenGL.

This OpenGL build is the only way to get interelaced 3D working at the moment.
(2014-03-19, 18:43)toxwa Wrote: It would be nice that if XBMC detected it was a 3D movie, it would switch to the 1920x2205 resolution automatically. Now it detects a 3D movie, sets the interface to half over under and I have to manually set my tv to over ( and I loose half the resolution).

I too have setup a resolution 1920x2205 and i have to manually switch to this one to get my projector in 3D-mode.

Would be really great if XBMC would switch automatically when starting a video and switch back to 1920x1080 when stopping it.
(2014-03-20, 17:11)bigbadrabbit Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 18:43)toxwa Wrote: It would be nice that if XBMC detected it was a 3D movie, it would switch to the 1920x2205 resolution automatically. Now it detects a 3D movie, sets the interface to half over under and I have to manually set my tv to over ( and I loose half the resolution).

I too have setup a resolution 1920x2205 and i have to manually switch to this one to get my projector in 3D-mode.

Would be really great if XBMC would switch automatically when starting a video and switch back to 1920x1080 when stopping it.
As already mentioned somewhere in here IIRC, this will be worked on, but it requires some internal refactoring to work properly (also has to work for midstream changes when thinking about PVR) and our main developer for this (elupus) is lacking time atm. And yes, it won't be available in Gotham. For the time being you can try the "hardware" 3D mode on supported platforms/drivers (linux and maybe OSX, no idea). It's also working on the PI using builds from MilhouseMV (up to a certain degree).
(2014-03-20, 17:22)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 17:11)bigbadrabbit Wrote:

As already mentioned somewhere in here IIRC, this will be worked on, but it requires some internal refactoring to work properly (also has to work for midstream changes when thinking about PVR) and our main developer for this (elupus) is lacking time atm. And yes, it won't be available in Gotham. For the time being you can try the "hardware" 3D mode on supported platforms/drivers (linux and maybe OSX, no idea). It's also working on the PI using builds from MilhouseMV (up to a certain degree).

Is there way ATM to assign a button to manually switch to a desired resolution inside XBMC?
don't think so - you might be able to do it via a python addon, not sure though if those are allowed to change the resolution
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11