• 66(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2014-05-14, 15:01)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 09:00)spmp Wrote: With nouveau HARDWARE BASED worked brilliantly

How do I get hardware based 3D to work as expected with nvidia? I had this working most of the time on another machine with nvidia and twinview, but in the 'old' way where xbmc was streched over both outputs.

This is a dual projection setup.
It's my understanding that hardware acceleration is not yet supported in xbmc for 3D.

I am not after gpu acceleration for 3D movies, just correct screen switching so that for example right eye is on the normal/usual xbmc screen and left eye goes to the other screen as it did with nouveau driver before I (stupidly maybe) installed nvidia blob

So I am wondering what I need (if any) for a minimal xorg.conf for this to work, or xmbc start switches (llike --use-magic).

(2014-05-14, 21:33)nickr Wrote: What on earth is nona?

It is the panorama stitching tool for hugin which is lightening fast with gpu as apposed to CPU. Important on big panos
Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher
(2014-05-13, 07:24)afedchin Wrote: Hi MGA1500,

Unfortunately, all 3th-party sources for frame-packing 3D are only for DirectX i.e. only for windows. There is no possibility to use it under Linux. But if vendors provide a sources (or similar libs) theirs drivers under Linux then I'll take a look at it certainly.

BR
Anton
I thought all Intel's gpu drivers for Linux are open-source. Do they cover only a part of functionality? If so, does Intel provide chips documentation, or Linux drivers is a single source of information?
(2014-05-14, 22:03)spmp Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 21:33)nickr Wrote: What on earth is nona?

It is the panorama stitching tool for hugin which is lightening fast with gpu as apposed to CPU. Important on big panos
Hugin - Panorama photo stitcher
OK I'm not sure why you are using hugin on your HTPC. I would have thought it difficult to use without a mouse Wink
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-15, 10:41)bam80 Wrote:
(2014-05-13, 07:24)afedchin Wrote: Hi MGA1500,

Unfortunately, all 3th-party sources for frame-packing 3D are only for DirectX i.e. only for windows. There is no possibility to use it under Linux. But if vendors provide a sources (or similar libs) theirs drivers under Linux then I'll take a look at it certainly.

BR
Anton
I thought all Intel's gpu drivers for Linux are open-source. Do they cover only a part of functionality? If so, does Intel provide chips documentation, or Linux drivers is a single source of information?
Intel FAQ says that InTue 3D supported on windows only. (link http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb...tm#whichos)
AMD support team says what AMD HD3D on linux works with FirePro only (link http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/158704)
don't know about nvidia.

In summ, I can say that the frame-packed 3D stereo on linux is possible with the third-party libraries theoreticaly.
afedchin Wrote: In summ, I can say that the frame-packed 3D stereo on linux is possible with the third-party libraries theoreticaly.
So, I treat it as 'NO - chip docs not published.' Sad..
Not sure whether this has been asked before - but what are the chances of MKV MVC support being implemented at some point?
I'm no expert, but the standard reply for years (I've been waiting for this...) is that XBMC uses ffmpeg, so it will be whenever ffmpeg supports it, its nothing to so with xbmc as such

also people have pointed out that MVC has been part of the AVC standard since the beginning, so if it hasn't been done over the last few years, it probably wont be done anytime soon

of course with more content and more 3d displays, maybe the demand will start to get bigger and it will have something done? (I certainly hope so!)
That is disappointing. Thanks for the clarification though.
I talked to some ffmpeg guys at LinuxTag exhibition, and MVC is still not on the big radar, especially because it requires fundamental changes to ffmpeg core
(2014-05-18, 14:54)da-anda Wrote: I talked to some ffmpeg guys at LinuxTag exhibition, and MVC is still not on the big radar, especially because it requires fundamental changes to ffmpeg core

Thx for letting us know..
Thats a pitty though ... Sad
(2014-05-18, 14:54)da-anda Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 16:10)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: what are the chances of MKV MVC support being implemented at some point?
I talked to some ffmpeg guys at LinuxTag exhibition, and MVC is still not on the big radar, especially because it requires fundamental changes to ffmpeg core
Libav, a fork of FFmpeg, currently have a few developers working on a major refactoring and cleanup of the H.264 code to accommodate MVC support

Libav developer Luca Barbato have posted a nice little summary about this huge task on his blog
http://blogs.gentoo.org/lu_zero/2014/04/...ad-to-mvc/
https://wiki.libav.org/Blueprint/MVC

More discussion about that refactoring effort and work on MVC in their libav-devel mailing list
https://lists.libav.org/mailman/listinfo/libav-devel/

There is at least a chance once Libav finish their refactoring and cleanup that FFmpeg developers might perhaps back-port those changes to FFmpeg
A sliver of hope!

I guess I will have to stick to my 3D discs for the foreseeable future.
(2014-05-20, 05:36)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: A sliver of hope!

Actually no your 3D disks is what won't work on XBMC. When you rip them to TAB or SBS, that will work!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-20, 06:52)nickr Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 05:36)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: A sliver of hope!

Actually no your 3D disks is what won't work on XBMC. When you rip them to TAB or SBS, that will work!

No, I was referring to my 3D Blu Ray discs (physical medium). I'll steer clear from SBS because that means a loss in quality and I'm a bit anal about that. Lol
FSBS is the same quality as your disc and will work in XBMC. Your discs will not.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11