• 68(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Quote:By which time the current 3D obsession may be over, if it isn't already.
Or maybe somebody will make a tv that I don't have to wear 2 pairs of glasses to watch. Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Aha that is why I bought some of these:

http://www.dx.com/p/reedoon-clip-on-circ...4e33XZtyVI

(Only works on a Cinema Screen like LG use of course)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-29, 12:20)Hasu0bs Wrote: HSBS and highest resolution at the same time is not possible. If you want to rip, you can choose FullSBS or FullTAB format. For 3D detection make sure you have the 3D flag set in your MKV header as XBMC will prefer those over the filename detection.

I understand with HSBS you are not getting the full HD resolution from the disc. What I meant is the highest HSBS quality possible.

(2014-05-29, 15:06)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 08:00)Batiatus Wrote: What are people using to rip/convert their 3D BD's to HSBS MKV? I've been trying DVDFab9 with mixed results. Also having some trouble getting XBMC to recognize the file even if named properly with .HSBS tags.

Ideally I want the highest HSBS resolution with untouched HD audio, chapters and subtitles even if I have to remux that all in.

I use DVDFab for my FSBS rips works fairly well but I have to edit the headers or remux to get the proper aspect ratio. For 3D detection you can also use the file tag 3D.sbs on your mkv files. Full Details

Are you ripping the discs directly or ripping from MVC MKVs? And what settings are you using.

I want highest quality HSBS I can get with full HD audio, subtitles and chapters just as if this was a MVC MKV itself but obviously loss of some image quality due to conversion). This is the next goal I've set fourth as an interim solution.

Just tried converting another MVC MKV to HSBS with Jurassic park. If I try to use higher then the basic video quality settings the process just fails. So what did complete was a 7GB file where at times the left-eye image is 'wavy''. Plus I always get a big black bar down the middle of the screen which seems to disappear once in 3D mode. HSBS 3D MKV's I've, um, obtained, are of much higher file size while only having lossy SD sound and there's no wavy image or big black bars. I'm doing something wrong....
On another note: If you choose to take a Half3D resolution, go with HTAB / HOU as you will loose extra resolution with HSBS if your TV is passive. (or will be in the future)
(2014-05-29, 16:17)da-anda Wrote: + framepacking requires HW driver support, which might not be a problem on Windows, but I'm not sure about the linux world

I don't know about windows, but in openelec (linux) I added a modeline for 1920 x 2205 (on an intel NUC DC3217IYE). Now I can select 1920x2205 in XBMC, which automatically puts XBMC and my tv in 3D mode. If I then start a 3D movie, I assume it sends a full HD 3D image to the screen. (I can't really test it, because on a passive TV like mine, it's always displayed as half-OU).

It's difficult to tell, because the mkv file needs to be full OU or SBS resolution, but the display width and height in the mkv header needs to be different to get the correct aspect ratio from XBMC (for the 1920x2160 file, I need to set the headers to 3840x2160 or 1920x540). For some reason XBMC allways assumes OU is half-OU. I do fear XBMC might be converting full-OU to half-OU to framepacked resolution (full-OU + 45 blank lines) loosing half the resolution, but I can't verify this.
Hello da-anda, team,

I regret to report that there is an issue with stereoscopic 3D mode rendering of TAB and SBS that exist in 13.1 and many prior versions for Windows.
When Stereoscopic mode is not set - both frames are visible on the screen, but once stereoscopic mode is selected - gui is drawn in stereo mode, but the movie itself only left with one of the frames (top), while another frame is just black.

I have a working version without this bug - xbmc_13_0_ALPHA11_20131201_91e5be5
Tried 13.0 Beta 1 and it is already not drawing the bottom part (same for SBS).

Version for Mac OS works just fine, though. Tried with blank profile - same thing.

So something went sideways somewhere after Alpha 11 and does not work from at least 13.0 beta 1 up to at least 13.1

Appreciate your attention. Thank you. Screenshots below

xbmc_13_0_ALPHA11_20131201_91e5be5

xbmc_13_1_20140604_84725b0
@Pavel.kuzub
Can you provide a screenshot of yours Video -> Acceleration settings page?
Also is that TAB or HTAB?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello afedchin, Hello nickr,

Thank you for getting back to me. Great hint for acceleration. I have played around and turns out that enabled by default DXVA2 hardware acceleration on my machine is causing this artefact. When I disable hardware acceleration of DXVA2 - it starts working just fine as expected on 13.1 ! Thanks!

Just for the record, here is the screenshot.

Imaget.
could you please provide a Debug Log so that we can see some hardware specs etc? Afedchin for sure will need it to fix the issue Smile
@Pavel.kuzub
I think what a main cause is which rendering method is selected. When using dxva acceleration the rendering method forced to DXVA-HD/DXVA. Can you try to disable hardware acceleration and select rendering method to DXVA and DXVA-HD then try to reproduce the issue. I also need a Debug Log as da-anda said earlier.
Hello da-anda, afedchin,

For your reference, my debug log is pasted here.
There are 3 playback attempts with different Acceleration settings:
Autodetect with enabled DXVA2
DXVA-HD with enabled DXVA2
DXVA-HD with disabled DXVA2
all attempts resulted to same issue - below part is black.

Manual setting to DXVA results with proper playback, so the problem is localized to DXVA-HD mode.
Hi,
I am not sure this is the right place to post this...
Using the python addon system on a Gotham 13.1 build on windows I am noticing a few things when trying to retrieve a file's 'StereoscopicMode' using info labels:

1) When NOT using a filename tag, only mkv files with the appropriate headers seem to be detected. WMV files with the appropriate headers are not detected. It does not seem to detect mp4 files, but I cannot find a tool to check that my sample files have the correct flag under the SEI FPA tag.

2) The wiki seems to indicate that there is a way of using anaglyph and row interleaved 3D but does not indicate either a way of detecting them thru embedded information nor a way of using the filename to tag these files. So I am a little unclear how such a file would ever be tagged as anaglyph or interleaved.

3) The wiki for InfoLabels http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels indicates that return values are: "mono, split_vertical, split_horizontal, row_interleaved, anaglyph_cyan_red, anaglyph_green_magenta". However for 'mono' or 2D files, using 'xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.StereoscopicMode")' i am getting an empty string in return instead of 'mono'. For TAB/OU files I am getting 'top_bottom' instead of 'split_horizontal' and for SBS, I am getting 'left_right' instead of 'split_vertical'.

I just want to verify that 1 and 2 are correct. And if 3 is the way it is supposed to be, I will be more than happy to edit the wiki to correct it, but wanted to check here first that we are in agreement that the wiki is incorrect.

Thanks for your time.
(2014-06-21, 21:10)KenV99 Wrote: 1) When NOT using a filename tag, only mkv files with the appropriate headers seem to be detected. WMV files with the appropriate headers are not detected. It does not seem to detect mp4 files, but I cannot find a tool to check that my sample files have the correct flag under the SEI FPA tag.
WMV and MP4 headers are not yet supported. There is a PR pending to add WMV support. If you have a link at hand for the MP4 spec I can have a look and try to add it.

(2014-06-21, 21:10)KenV99 Wrote: 2) The wiki seems to indicate that there is a way of using anaglyph and row interleaved 3D but does not indicate either a way of detecting them thru embedded information nor a way of using the filename to tag these files. So I am a little unclear how such a file would ever be tagged as anaglyph or interleaved.
we can convert videos into these formats (like render a SBS as interleaved) on selected platforms. And because source material encoded in those is quite rare and we didn't have any test files, we did not yet include detection support for those formats (headers should work but not file name flags).

(2014-06-21, 21:10)KenV99 Wrote: 3) The wiki for InfoLabels http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=InfoLabels indicates that return values are: "mono, split_vertical, split_horizontal, row_interleaved, anaglyph_cyan_red, anaglyph_green_magenta". However for 'mono' or 2D files, using 'xbmc.getInfoLabel("VideoPlayer.StereoscopicMode")' i am getting an empty string in return instead of 'mono'. For TAB/OU files I am getting 'top_bottom' instead of 'split_horizontal' and for SBS, I am getting 'left_right' instead of 'split_vertical'.
have to check
Thanks for your reply!

I have to apologize that what I should have stated is rather than mp4 containers, is detection in h264 encoded video within mp4 containers...
I'm not sure what would be the most useful way to give you information about how they are tagged, but the links below may or may not be useful...

http://www.merl.com/publications/docs/TR2011-022.pdf
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/ma...h264_sei.c line 227
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/ma...dec/h264.c line 829

The second question came after testing out anaglyph and row interleaved test files in mpg format. When playing them, the format is not detected and when the onscreen menu is called up (in Confluence) the only choices for stereoscopic mode are Auto, SBS or OU. So I am not sure how to invoke the conversion process. Maybe it cannot be done on the windows platform?

If you wouldn't mind getting back to me about the expected strings from the InfoLabels when you have time, I'll go ahead and edit the wiki unless your preference is to change which strings are returned in the code. Thanks again. I appreciate you taking the time.
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11