• 69(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
@mkv headers
the headers we currently support are MKV specific and have nothing to do with h264 (so we check container headers and not necessarily stream meta data). Haven't checked when those flags got added to ffmpeg, but Gotham is shipping ffmpeg 1.3 or so, so this feature was probably not available when we implemented this. For the upcoming version we bumped ffmpeg to a recent 2.x stable, so this info should be available to us, but I fear my C++ hacking skills won't suffice to make use of this ffmpeg feature.

@line interleaved
converting to this format is not supported on windows, it's only working for OpenGL platforms (we're lacking DirectX devs that could come up with a shader to support this)

@anaglyph/interleaved detection
well, as said above, we can convert SBS/OU input streams to anaglyph/interlaced but not vice versa, and there is currently no code in XBMC (AFAIK) that could properly deal with videos that are encoded in these formats (because GUI doesn't have to be altered for these). I'd be happy to bring this to our devs attention, but we would need video samples we can work with. Can you provide samples (30-60secs maybe)
Quote:Hi guys,

i am looking for xbmc version supporting nvidias 3d nvision. Found this post and read it. Sounds like avedchin's branch supports this but i cant find a working link to his version. Where can i find a working link to an exe or to the git branch?

thx
read second time and found a working link to the gdrive. it is very difficult to find sth in this thread. maybe somebody can collect all relevant infos /link on the fisr post?
Hi,
Thanks. There seems to be a lack of information about whether or not the mp4 container provides header information that the video it contains is in 3D format, so as best as I can tell, most encoders/decoders are detecting it at the stream level for h264 in mp4 containers.

Basically, I am not invested in having XBMC support any of this. My interest is in the fact that I support a script that uses the video buffer made available through the Python API (Capture.RenderCapture()) and I need to be able to detect what type of video is playing so that the script can react appropriately. So I wouldn't want you to go out of your way to support anything in particular. I was just making sure that the limitations that I discovered were correct. One thing I would love to see in the future is an event in the Python Monitor class for onStereModeChanged...

If it is still useful to you here are samples that I found for anaglyph and row-interlaced. I could only find mpegs...

Interlaced sample
Anaglyph sample

Thanks.
@onStereoModeChanged - AFAIK such an event is available via JsonRPC. Via python you currently can only poll that setting.

Thanks for the samples.
hi,

Quote:Hi

I have created alpha version of xbmc that includes elupus stereoscopic 3d rendering support and implements support Intel InTru3D and NVidia 3D VISION (HDMI frame-packing stereo) and it needs to be tested with various env.

What new in this version (differences with master):
Add hardwarebased support of stereoscopic rendering. (Intel InTru3D and NVidia 3D VISION)
Add setting to pause playback during stereoscopic mode change.
DXVA resolution limit up to 3840x2160

Requirements:
OS Windows 7 and later
CPU Intel Core 2nd generation and later with InTru3D technology or NVidia GPU with 3D VISION
3D FullHD display (monitor or TV) connected to Intel HD or NVidia GPU via HDMI

Is it really required to have a FULLHD 3D Display. My beamer support 3D only in 1024x786. I have installed afedchins version of 28 May. Now i have "Hardwarebased" option in 3d menu bu still see to pic SBS or OU depending on teh movie. Nvidia 3d setting are activated. an if i play same video in stereoscopic player via nvidia it woks fine. Any ideas what is wrong?
thx
(2014-06-23, 19:55)axelg Wrote: hi,

Quote:Hi

I have created alpha version of xbmc that includes elupus stereoscopic 3d rendering support and implements support Intel InTru3D and NVidia 3D VISION (HDMI frame-packing stereo) and it needs to be tested with various env.

What new in this version (differences with master):
Add hardwarebased support of stereoscopic rendering. (Intel InTru3D and NVidia 3D VISION)
Add setting to pause playback during stereoscopic mode change.
DXVA resolution limit up to 3840x2160

Requirements:
OS Windows 7 and later
CPU Intel Core 2nd generation and later with InTru3D technology or NVidia GPU with 3D VISION
3D FullHD display (monitor or TV) connected to Intel HD or NVidia GPU via HDMI

Is it really required to have a FULLHD 3D Display. My beamer support 3D only in 1024x786. I have installed afedchins version of 28 May. Now i have "Hardwarebased" option in 3d menu bu still see to pic SBS or OU depending on teh movie. Nvidia 3d setting are activated. an if i play same video in stereoscopic player via nvidia it woks fine. Any ideas what is wrong?
thx

Same case here when I tried this version a few months back. Someone later posted that the nVidia beta drivers solved the issue. I could not test it as I sold my card.
Quote:Thx, will have á Look for the Beta drivers. Hope this will solve the Problem . Will Report After try

Installed the latest nvidia beta drivers and it works!!!

Two questions left:
1. My beamer's native resolution in 2d is 1280x800. the 3d mode is supported only in 1024x786. At the moment i have manually to change the resolution if switching to 3d mode and back if switching to 2d mode. Is there an possability to automatically switch to the 1024x786 resolution when 3d mode is activade? maybe in playercore.xml? Any ideas?

2. During 3d playback my infrared remote is very bad Wirkung. I think because of nvidias infrared emmiter for 3d glasses. Does anybody else such problems?

thx
(2014-06-24, 18:23)axelg Wrote:
Quote:Thx, will have á Look for the Beta drivers. Hope this will solve the Problem . Will Report After try

Installed the latest nvidia beta drivers and it works!!!

Two questions left:
1. My beamer's native resolution in 2d is 1280x800. the 3d mode is supported only in 1024x786. At the moment i have manually to change the resolution if switching to 3d mode and back if switching to 2d mode. Is there an possability to automatically switch to the 1024x786 resolution when 3d mode is activade? maybe in playercore.xml? Any ideas?

2. During 3d playback my infrared remote is very bad Wirkung. I think because of nvidias infrared emmiter for 3d glasses. Does anybody else such problems?

thx

2. This may be a problem with the ir emitter. I have a similar issue where the flirc ir receiver will behave weirdly when 3d is turned on in my Sony 3d TV and the remote cannot be used. But I have no problem with my DLP link 3D projector.
Hi,

I just finished an addon that may be of interest to followers of this thread. It allows users to execute commands and/or scripts in response to several XBMC events, including stereoscopic mode changes and can provide arguments to the outside script including aspect ratio and resolution. This could be helpful to those that are not adept in writing XBMC addon scripts, but may add complexity to those who are experienced in writing python.

A zip of the addon that needs to be manually installed is here: https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.c...llincluded

A brief summary of features is here: https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.callbacks2/wiki

This is an early alpha, so there are bound to be bugs and I only have a windows system to test on. Please let me know if problems are encountered or other features are needed. Cheers!
(2014-06-29, 00:54)KenV99 Wrote: Hi,

I just finished an addon that may be of interest to followers of this thread. It allows users to execute commands and/or scripts in response to several XBMC events, including stereoscopic mode changes and can provide arguments to the outside script including aspect ratio and resolution. This could be helpful to those that are not adept in writing XBMC addon scripts, but may add complexity to those who are experienced in writing python.

A zip of the addon that needs to be manually installed is here: https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.callbacks2

A brief summary of features is here: https://github.com/KenV99/service.xbmc.callbacks2/wiki

This is an early alpha, so there are bound to be bugs and I only have a windows system to test on. Please let me know if problems are encountered or other features are needed. Cheers!
Hi, thanks. This sound to be what i need. Cant wait to test it.
Any way to play frame sequential 3D on XBMC Gotham?
i5 4440 - H81 - 4X2 GB - 128 GB SSD - R7 240 - L42ET60D / S2240L - FiiO E10 - Fiio K5 Pro - Kali Audio LP6 - TinAudio T2 - BLON 03 - ATH-M40X - Anker Spirit X - JBL Flip 4 - Fenvi 9260 WiFi/BT 5 - Corsair K55/Harpoon - VS350 - Carbide 400R - Apple Shuffle 2GB + Fiio M5.
XBMC > KODI with the good old MCE Remote. 
Yes, but only on windows and only with certain video cards, and with a special version of XBMC by afedchin.

Please note this doesn't mean you can decode MVC video.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So it looks like gstreamer are close to implementing MVC decoding: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=721772

Perhaps an external player for XBMC on Linux isn't too far away?
I've never liked gstreamer, but this could change my mind perhaps.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
There's MVC commits today, looks like they are actively working on it right now: https://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-va...b0508ee621

I can't seem to find any mention about it anywhere else other than old mailing list entries and the bugtracker. Anyways, if someone decides to compile the latest git and try it out, let me know. I'm dying to play some of my 3D Blu-ray rips. Watching re-encoded material with half SBS/OU just isn't for me.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11