• 71(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
da-anda.
I was helpful to you.
Later, I will publish the finished program.
When it is this code, 3D mode is activated.

Code:
import sys, os, string
import xbmc, xbmcgui, xbmcplugin, xbmcaddon

__script_path__ = os.path.abspath( os.path.dirname(__file__) )
__strm_file__   = __script_path__ + '/stream.3D.SBS.strm'
__youtube_url__ = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid='
__videoid__     = "u0hmMt5znX0"

xbmc.Player().play(__youtube_url__ + __videoid__)
url = xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile()
while True:
    tit  = xbmc.getInfoLabel("Player.Title")
    thum = xbmc.getInfoLabel("Player.Art(thumb)")
    print tit
    print thum
    if xbmc.Player().isPlayingVideo() and tit:
        xbmc.Player().stop()
        break
    xbmc.sleep(1)

f = open(__strm_file__, 'w')
f.write(url)
f.close()

li = xbmcgui.ListItem(tit,"",thum,thum,__strm_file__)
xbmc.Player().play(__strm_file__)

But there is something that 3D mode does not start it's videoid another.
this Videid is no good. why?
__videoid__ = "zyPLTtj-cxg"
have you tried making the 3D keywords part of the youtube URL instead of this hack? Like 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?mode=_3D_SBS_&action=play_video&videoid='? But most likely you have to add the 3D stuff to the youtube addon
I have tried a variety of ways.
Does not begin with 3D mode and not a file name absolutely for now.
It does not seem to work well in the path and parameters.
3D mode is played back in the parameter.
I was resolved in this.
thank you.
Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui, xbmcplugin, xbmcaddon

__youtube_url__ = 'plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid='
__videoid__     = "u0hmMt5znX0"

xbmc.Player().play(__youtube_url__ + __videoid__)
url = xbmc.Player().getPlayingFile() + '&_3D_SBS_'
while True:
    tit  = xbmc.getInfoLabel("Player.Title")
    thum = xbmc.getInfoLabel("Player.Art(thumb)")
    if xbmc.Player().isPlayingVideo() and tit:
        xbmc.Player().stop()
        break
    xbmc.sleep(1)

li = xbmcgui.ListItem(tit,"",thum,thum,url)
xbmc.Player().play(url,li)
(2014-07-08, 10:09)da-anda Wrote: [quote='arokh' pid='1745153' dateline='1404220458']
read again. Decoding is the missing piece, and this might still take a while until it has been implemented in to libav and been backported to ffmpeg. And only once it's in ffmpeg XBMC can make use of it.

Read again. Decoding is already implemented, will be in gst-vaapi 0.5.9.

https://gitorious.org/vaapi/gstreamer-va...514b3f0916

I'm talking of course about using an external player, I don't really care about it being ported to libav/ffmpeg since that probably is going to take like a decade.
well, we're talking about stereoscopic support in XBMC here and don't care for external players Wink
Hey I love XBMC and wish there was a plan for MVC but it isn't even being worked on Sad Meanwhile I got like 30 of my 3D bluray's with no way to play them under Linux. Seems to be fully implemented in driver and gstreamer now, but so far no talk about it anywhere on the internet. Figured I might try to inform the community that there is a way now maybe we can get some talk and hacking going Smile

I installed the latest of all the components on my Arch system without any success though. Waiting for final release and official packages maybe I did something wrong.
yeah, it's pretty sad that this (along with BD-J and "official" bluray decryption) is still an issue in the opensource world. And there is being worked on - at least the libav guys are working on it. We can only hope that ffmpeg devs are following this development closely and will merge it fast once finished.
edit: otoh, 3D is somewhat dead for me - the movie industry overdid it. Every crap movie is published in 3D even though it doesn't benefit in any way from it. Also it sucks that you can tell in EVERY movie if it had stereoscopic effects, even if you watch it in 2D. Those "in your face" moments suck. The only thing I like is the additional depths, but not the pop-out mega-slowmotion crap.
My son is an undergrad compsci major and I have been trying to get him interested in MVC before he starts his honours year next year. No luck so far, more interested in encryption, so maybe I'll point him at libaacs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@da-anda

No published code from the libav guys yet... Active 3D is pretty good I think, at least when the source is Bluray. The only way to view 3D under Linux now is to re-encode with half SBS/OU which essentially means you lose half the resolution. Not a good alternative for quality hungry people :/
(2014-07-14, 10:51)nickr Wrote: My son is an undergrad compsci major and I have been trying to get him interested in MVC before he starts his honours year next year. No luck so far, more interested in encryption, so maybe I'll point him at libaacs.

Nooo, he was our only hope in these dark times where people don't appreciate the wonders of 3D. Sad
Hi guys,

new on the forum here, but running XBMC on my RPi for a year now. I've been trying to implement the 3d functionality now for quite a while, but I'm stuck at one part. Since I don't have unlimited 3d glasses for my tv, I'd like to be able to turn on the monoscopic function when I play a movie. However, when I do this, the video (1920x1080 hsbs) is only cropped, and can't be scaled. Which means that I'm running a 960x1080 movie and everything is squashed. I've tried to change values as zoom and stretch whilst playing, but to no avail.

Is anyone familiar with this issue and able to help me?

Thanks in advance.
(2014-07-27, 13:05)Trupke Wrote: Is anyone familiar with this issue and able to help me?

What distribution/version of xbmc are you running?
I belive it should be working in recent versions.
XBMC x32 build, compiled Jun 10 2014 by GCC 4.6.3 for ARM Linux 32-bit 3.2.51.

All 3D functions are working, except when running in mono. That's where the video gets squeezed (not the bottom XBMC-player-menu-thingy).
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11