• 74(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
And popcornmix would be the writer of the renderer?
he's our RasPI god and is also involved in writing the PIs firmware (he's working at Broadcom IIRC). Almost any improvement for the PI recently is from him - so if somebody can find the issue it's him Smile
Not sure but he cetainly knows his RPi stuff.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As I understand things, not gonna happen until at least 15.0. As I understand it external stuff from libav and/or ffmpeg is already imported for 14 and won't change.

If you can point me to a libav based external player, please do!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-08, 12:04)nickr Wrote: As I understand things, not gonna happen until at least 15.0. As I understand it external stuff from libav and/or ffmpeg is already imported for 14 and won't change.

If you can point me to a libav based external player, please do!

also a libav player won't work. Libav didn't include yet the mvc decoding in public branches and probably it's not even ready..
I can confirm Trupke's 3D to mono(2D) not resizing properly on Raspberry Pi. When in this mode, the zoom and pixel ratio don't work properly either. I tried a couple of my older git builds of xbmc, and It's not working on any of them. If I remember correctly this used to work. I think the problem is some change in the RPI firmware.

I've submitted an isue here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/309
Hi guys, small update:

I've been busy this weekend, so couldn't follow up. I created an issue in the xbianonpi git (https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/issues/592), since the problem didn't occur on OpenELEC. I still need to test the method described there, but haven't had the time to do so.

Will get back asap.
Guys how do you merge the sbs movie to show a full image instead of two ?
(2014-08-14, 22:17)Saskue Wrote: Guys how do you merge the sbs movie to show a full image instead of two ?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=3D
Set your TV to 3d mode
guys, I have something to play with. Inspired by this feature request ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201020 ) I did some modifications to stereoscopic playback handling and also added support for video playlists. These things need to be tested upfront before I file a pull request to get this merged.

Things I changed / added and have to be tested:
  • moved "monoscopic" from "preferred stereomode" to "preferred playback mode" (please check what happens if you had "2D" as preferred stereomode earlier after this change - so don't adjust the setting yet to a real preferred stereomode)
  • "ask" dialog will show the label "same as movie" instead of the movies real mode (in case "auto detect" is preferred stereomode)
  • "to mono/2D" toggle should now always work as expected, because we will always have a correct setting for "preferred stereomode" (can't be 2D nor none anymore)
  • added support for playlists with mixed movies. This has two modes:
    a) go in and out of 3D mode for each movie (in case the setting "exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended" is enabled)
    b) stay in 3D mode even if following up movie is not stereoscopic (in case above setting is not enabled)
    This needs heavy testing, because I'm not sure if this will meet everybodies expectations (personally I don't use movie playlist and always like to back out of 3D)
  • experimental: don't override user selected mode while in playlists
    This also needs to be tested along with the playlist behaviour. What this does is the following:
    - start a playlist and always let Kodi apply your preferences, nothing changes and 3D modes will adjust for each movie depending on your settings as written above
    - start a playlist and manually change the 3D mode (either via the ask dialog in the beginning or during playback), Kodi will/should remember this decision and will no longer attempt to apply your default preferences when next movie starts. So if you start playback in mono and switch to 3D, it will always stay in this mode and not switch back to 2D for the next movie. Once playback is stopped, user mode is cleared and defaults kick in again.

It's very likely that the "remember user selection" feature has a bug, but as I myself don't use video playllists and thus have no experience what an expected switching behaviour would be, I only assumed what might make sense to those users. So please test and report back. I only have a windows build at hand for testing:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...-fixes.exe (ATTENTION!!!!, build against master/Helix)

In case somebody likes to compile for his platform and test - this is my branch: https://github.com/da-anda/xbmc/compare/3D-ux-fixes
ok, sorry. Should have tested my very latest changes before. There was some obvious bug in behaviour - fixed it and triggered a new public build. Link to new version should be ready in max 1h from now on

- new build is up - see link above
Hi da-anda,

Thanks again for implementing these features, especially for the one i requested Smile I tested all of them and they all worked with just one exception (or my expected results differ).

Quote:moved "monoscopic" from "preferred stereomode" to "preferred playback mode" (please check what happens if you had "2D" as preferred stereomode earlier after this change - so don't adjust the setting yet to a real preferred stereomode)
My default was 2D. After the update the Preferred Mode was just empty, There was no crash or error message. I was was able to set a new mode without problems. The new setting was saved as expected.

Quote:"ask" dialog will show the label "same as movie" instead of the movies real mode (in case "auto detect" is preferred stereomode)
I think the new behaviour is better than the old one. I find it more clear (1 option less)

Quote:"to mono/2D" toggle should now always work as expected, because we will always have a correct setting for "preferred stereomode" (can't be 2D nor none anymore)
This was working as expected. I was able to activate / deactivate 2D without any issues, the correct 3D was selected.

Quote:added support for playlists with mixed movies. This has two modes:
a) go in and out of 3D mode for each movie (in case the setting "exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended" is enabled)
b) stay in 3D mode even if following up movie is not stereoscopic (in case above setting is not enabled)
This needs heavy testing, because I'm not sure if this will meet everybodies expectations (personally I don't use movie playlist and always like to back out of 3D)
I also do not use playlist but is tested as much as possible.
I tested 6 possible combinations of the setting "exit stereoscopic mode if playback ende"d & "preferred playback mode" & "preferred stereomode". I excluded the "preferred playback mode = Ask" option (see below). The way how you implemented it is also my expectect result.

Code:
Settings                                    Values          Movies    Expected Result
exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended    Yes             3D SBS    Kobi is switching between Mono 2D and None
preferred playback mode                     Mono 2D         Mono      Picture is always 2D    
preferred stereomode                        Same as Movie   3D SBS    There's no Ask dialog    
                                                            3D OU        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D SBS        

exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended    Yes             3D SBS    Kobi is switching between 3D and none
preferred playback mode                     Prefered        Mono      There's no Ask dialog    
preferred stereomode                        Same as Movie   3D SBS    3D mode of the movie is always Same as Movie    
                                                            3D OU        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D SBS        

exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended    Yes             3D SBS    Kobi is switching between 3D and none
preferred playback mode                     Prefered        Mono      There's no Ask dialog    
preferred stereomode                        SBS             3D SBS    3D mode of the movie is always SBS    
                                                            3D OU        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D SBS        

exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended    No              3D SBS    Kobi is switching to Mono 2D and remains this setting
preferred playback mode                     Mono 2D         3D SBS    The Mono movie is played in 2D    
preferred stereomode                        Same as Movie   Mono        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D OU        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D SBS        

exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended    No              3D SBS    After switching to 3D this mode remains active
preferred playback mode                     Prefered        3D SBS    The Mono Movie is displayed in the same mode like the predeseccor (SBS)    
preferred stereomode                        Same as Movie   Mono      3D mode of the movie is always Same as Movie    
                                                            3D SBS    After playing all movies 3D remains active    
                                                            3D OU        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D SBS        

exit stereoscopic mode if playback ended    No              3D SBS    After switching to 3D this mode remains active
preferred playback mode                     Prefered        3D SBS    The Mono Movie is displayed in 3D SBS    
preferred stereomode                        SBS             Mono      3D Mode is always SBS    
                                                            3D SBS    After playing all movies 3D remains active    
                                                            3D OU        
                                                            3D SBS        
                                                            3D SBS

Quote:experimental: don't override user selected mode while in playlists
This also needs to be tested along with the playlist behaviour. What this does is the following:
- start a playlist and always let Kodi apply your preferences, nothing changes and 3D modes will adjust for each movie depending on your settings as written above
- start a playlist and manually change the 3D mode (either via the ask dialog in the beginning or during playback), Kodi will/should remember this decision and will no longer attempt to apply your default preferences when next movie starts. So if you start playback in mono and switch to 3D, it will always stay in this mode and not switch back to 2D for the next movie. Once playback is stopped, user mode is cleared and defaults kick in again.
I had the following result: After changing the setting it remains active till the 3D mode changes
0 3D SBS
1 3D SBS
2 Mono
3 3D SBS
4 3D OU
5 3D SBS
6 3D SBS
It will asks at movie 0,3,4,5. Movie 1 and 6 are played like their predeseccors

The expected result would be for me:
  1. "Mono 2D" or "Same as Movie"
    f the selected mode is "Mono 2D" or "Same as Movie" don't ask again for the entire playlist
    I think we can assume that he wants to view all the movies in 2D (maybe with friends who do not like 3D or you're out of 3D glasses)
    Also we can assume that the movies are tagged correctly. Otherwise he would not use the setting "Same as movie"
  2. NOT "Mono 2D" or "Same as Movie"
    f the selected mode is NOT "Mono 2D" or "Same as Movie" ask again for every 3D movie in the playlist
    Here we can assume that at least one movie is incorrect and the user has to correct the setting.
    Then he needs to be asked again for the next movie or maybe the setting is used which he entered when starting to play the playlist
    If the user changes it again to "Mono 2D" or "Same as Movie" it sould no longer ask.
I already love the new behaviour and i'm hopeing that it will be incorporated into Kodi.

Please let me know if i should send the test-result as a PM instead sending in the forum.

Thanks

Kopierwichtel
Fileservers:
Core i5 2500k, 16 GB RAM, Areca 1280ML 24x RAID Controller, 4x 2TB Samsung HDD, 6x 500 GB Samsung HDD, VM ESXi 4.1, Windows 7 x64
Synology Diskstation 2413+, 6x 6 TB WD RED, 6x 3 TB WD RED

My PC:
Intel Core i7 2600K, 16 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, Geforce GTX660, Windows 7 x64

HTPC:
Zotac ZBOX ID91, 8 GB RAM, 64 GB Crucial M4 SSD, Windows 7 x64
Thanks for your hard work. Any chance of a Linux build for testing?
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11