• 79(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
Correct. Kodi determines wether or not it's a 3D video based on the file name tags or by reading info in the header. However, half resolution videos and full resolution videos are not processed in the same fashion. A 1920x1080 3D video (HSBS) can use hardware decoding (I believe this is what nickr was reffering to). A 3840x2160 video (FSBS) uses software decoding (with a few exceptions). This makes it very hard for many systems to play full resolution videos.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi,
Is there a solution on Linux or Windows to use 3D with XBMC and send signal to auto switch TV to correct 3D mode ? I've read it seems to be possible on RPi but I would like to use it with a PC.
I use mainly 3D H-SBS with a 2014 Samsung TV.
Thanks !
There is a Samsung auto switching addon, search the forums, its here somewhere.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes but if it's the addon I've tested, it simulates keys down press and it seems to not working with new TVs
If RPi can do it, a PC would be able ?
An RPi is different to a PC.

You ask if there is an addon can do it, you are told that there is.

You then say that you've already tested/tried that addon and it doesn't work. Wouldn't it have been easier to put that info in your original question and saved us all some time?

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you read my question again, I don't ask an addon but I'm searching an info about sending 3D signal to TV on any x86 platform, not to simulate key down press only on Samsung.
I'm playing also 3D MKV to a smaller Philips TV, so XBMC add-on cannot apply to this TV.
So please read correctly and don't be disagreeable, I prefer a "yes" or "no" response than this Wink thanks !
Sorry, I did misread.

Signalling to a TV to switch to 3D is a black art it would seem.

I don't particularly like the addons that simulate keypresses myself, as they rely on the TV dialog coming up in a particular state and that assumption may be wrong.

If you send a properly frame packed signal, the TV should switch. However what RPi does that sets it apart from most PC hardware is a mystery to me.
(2014-12-08, 00:01)nickr Wrote: Sorry, I did misread.

Signalling to a TV to switch to 3D is a black art it would seem.

I don't particularly like the addons that simulate keypresses myself, as they rely on the TV dialog coming up in a particular state and that assumption may be wrong.

If you send a properly frame packed signal, the TV should switch. However what RPi does that sets it apart from most PC hardware is a mystery to me.
No problem Wink and thank you for your response.
My MKVs have framepacked flag inside container and I use also framepacked option in x264 when I encode my movies and when I use these MKVs directly on TV, auto switch is OK so I think it's OK with file.
You think my TV should switch with XBMC on Windows OS ? Is there any setting to force it ?
A combination of memory and a bit of googling reminds me that it all seems to be about modelines. In raspberry pi if you boot it attached to a 3D TV you'll see modelines with 3D names. Use the tvservice command to see a list. This means XBMC has a mode to switch to.

I don't always see these modelines on PC, you may need to add them manually.
I don't find any modelines in my userdata folder, only ModeLines_template.xml so I don't know what I must edit :/
No its more at an operating system level, and I don't know enough about windows to be of much more help sorry.
(2014-12-08, 01:42)nickr Wrote: No its more at an operating system level, and I don't know enough about windows to be of much more help sorry.
And do you think it's possible on a Linux OS ? If you have any information on Linux based OS (OpenElec or other) and 3D auto switch I'm interested Wink
And if everyone has informations on 3D with Windows, I'm interested also !
I have seen under Windows 8 resolution properties, my TV is recognized like a 3D but HSBS doesn't switch to 3D under XBMC...
To answer your PM NicCo (which should really have been in the thread, I don't offer personal support. Info is for the masses, thats why we have a public forum).

Yes I have some HSBS movies, and some HTAB movies. I have never had auto switching to 3D work from my ION2 based HTPCs to my LG TVs, but it did work once or twice on raspberry pi.

Really I am resigned to using my TV remote to switch to 3D, but I don't watch enough 3D to be bothered looking for a fix.
@RockerC yes, they are. Same files in Windows 7 with gotham can show half-ou, even if xbmc don't recognize as 3D, I can switch the TV 3D mode and only xbmc UI would be wrong.

But in Kodi running in a Tegra device, they don't show 2 images in tv for half-ou, show only one, but in half-sbs they show 2 images.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11