• 80(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2014-12-09, 22:57)nickr Wrote: To answer your PM NicCo (which should really have been in the thread, I don't offer personal support. Info is for the masses, thats why we have a public forum).

Yes I have some HSBS movies, and some HTAB movies. I have never had auto switching to 3D work from my ION2 based HTPCs to my LG TVs, but it did work once or twice on raspberry pi.

Really I am resigned to using my TV remote to switch to 3D, but I don't watch enough 3D to be bothered looking for a fix.
Thanks, I've read that about RPi but RPi doesn't have optical toslink and I don't have a HDMI input on my HC Sad
http://www.hifiberry.com/hbdigi/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks very interesting, but I don't know if it's supported into XBMC on RPI.
It seems that RPi + Hifiberry supports DTS/AC3 bitstream Smile http://www.crazy-audio.com/2014/04/outpu...a-toslink/
Yes XBMC on RPi has traditionally NOT used alsa, which is needed for the Hifiberry stuff (or any external sound device).

I think recent XBMC does support alsa on RPi though. I have seen a bit about it on the openelec forums.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks, I'm going to make a list pros/cons between RPi and HTPC and I'll decide to go to RPi or keep my HTPC after that Wink
(2014-12-09, 23:16)NicCo Wrote: I've read that about RPi but RPi doesn't have optical toslink and I don't have a HDMI input on my HC Sad
There are now many products out for adding more audio output option as well as adding superior sound controllers with DAC to Raspberry Pi.

Other than Hifiberry there are also PiFi Digi, and more advanced like Wolfson Pi, and even more advanced SupTronics X-Series X200 and X300.

There are also much cheaper USB audio cards with optical TOSLINK SP/DIF out that works with ALSA on the Raspberry Pi.
(2014-12-07, 23:24)NicCo Wrote: If you read my question again, I don't ask an addon but I'm searching an info about sending 3D signal to TV on any x86 platform, not to simulate key down press only on Samsung.
I'm playing also 3D MKV to a smaller Philips TV, so XBMC add-on cannot apply to this TV.
So please read correctly and don't be disagreeable, I prefer a "yes" or "no" response than this Wink thanks !

I just switched from Pi to Chromebox for better response time and I miss the auto 3D switching with my LG TV. I did not have to do anything special to make that work, but it worked all the time. I am puzzled as to how the Pi can do this, but not the Asus Chromebox. I am not able to find an answer anywhere.
Searched this thread and can't find the version that supports frame sequential with nvidia cards. Could anyone link me to the latest post please? It is a major factor in my projector buying decisions (especially if it's an xga chip in there)

Never mind, found it. Looks to be an old build though. Back to the drawing board.
Still no news for stereoscopic 3D implementation? And I don't mean Kodi but the underlying code it is running on. Why won't anyone bother to create the foundations?

With OpenElec I can't even use an external 3D player that launches through Kodi.

Should I give up waiting?
Try the ffmpeg support channels, it is them who must do the work.
(2015-02-01, 10:18)nickr Wrote: Try the ffmpeg support channels, it is them who must do the work.

Do you know of any agendas regarding this topic? Or has it been completely ignored so far?
Google finds some ffmpeg mailing lists threads.
(2015-02-02, 10:44)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2015-02-01, 10:18)nickr Wrote: Try the ffmpeg support channels, it is them who must do the work.

Do you know of any agendas regarding this topic? Or has it been completely ignored so far?
Please re-read this WHOLE thread and the question been asked and answered before, and the same same answer still applies.

Again, only if and when Libav get support for MVC then it should probably just a matter of time before FFmpeg gets it too, this is because MVC support requires huge fundamental changes to Libav/FFmpeg's core code for H.264 decoding.

Libav, a fork of FFmpeg, currently have a few developers working on a major refactoring and cleanup of the H.264 code to accommodate MVC support

Libav developer Luca Barbato have posted a nice little summary about this huge task on his blog
http://blogs.gentoo.org/lu_zero/2014/04/...ad-to-mvc/
https://wiki.libav.org/Blueprint/MVC

More discussion about that refactoring effort and work on MVC in their libav-devel mailing list
https://lists.libav.org/mailman/listinfo/libav-devel/

There is at least a chance once Libav finish their refactoring and cleanup that FFmpeg developers might perhaps back-port those changes to FFmpeg
Thanks for the heads up! This sounds promising. I'll keep waiting then.

And I'm sorry but do you really want me to read through 1200 posts to find my answer?
(2015-02-02, 13:49)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Thanks for the heads up! This sounds promising. I'll keep waiting then.

And I'm sorry but do you really want me to read through 1200 posts to find my answer?

The "Search Thread" box makes this fairly simple.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11