• 81(current)
WIP Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc
(2015-02-02, 13:49)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Thanks for the heads up! This sounds promising. I'll keep waiting then.

And I'm sorry but do you really want me to read through 1200 posts to find my answer?
And you want someone else to do it for you? Jeesus.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not sure where the the hostility comes from.

I asked a simple question and was hoping someone knew the answer without having to go through the entire thread. And that's exactly what I got, for which I am grateful.

So please get off your high horse.
Hi,

I apologise in advance if I'm repeating someone else's question, but I swear I used the search function before posting this Smile

I have an issue that I don't really know if it's related to xbmc or not. I have one of those android sticks (MK808b Plus) and everything works as it should except for the 3D stuff. I've tried all the possible combinations but could find one that could make the interface and the movie work at the same time.

I have a SBS movie sample that plays nicely, but for some reason I can't make the xbmc (13.2) interface to play along. If I do it the other way around and fiddle with all the options, I can make the interface work in 3d but not the movie which will either play on the left side only or duplicated.

This wouldn't pose a problem if the subtitles worked but they don't. Is this a known issue or am I just too stupid? Smile

Thanks!
can you provide a Debug Log please? And does your file comply with these detection possibilities? http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#3D_detection
Hi all, I appear to be having an issue at the moment with watching 3D movies on Kodi- version 14. I'm running on an M8 Android based top-box with Kodi installed on top.

At first when selecting a 3d movie to play it appears fine and plays smoothly without any stuttering. Then after about 6 minutes and at different intervals following that the 3d turns off and back into the 2D SBS image format. This lasts for about 30 seconds and it pops back into 3D mode again. This can happen several times during the length of a movie and can be incredibly irritating.

I've tried playing about with different settings (renaming the 3D file names as per guidelines, turning hardware processing off in Kodi, changing Kodi's 3D settings, etc) but nothing appears to have quashed the issue.

The majority of the movies that I am playing are MP4 file format. The format of the TV is passive stereoscopic (non-powered glasses). I am conscious that the issue may be at the TVs end but I don't think I can rule Kodi out just yet. I've turned the overscan feature of the TV off but that doesn't appear to resolve the issue.

My apologies if someone has already posted a similar query, however I did a search the forums and couldn't find anything myself.

As you've probably guessed by my language I'm very new to this and would appreciate anyone's guidance.

Thanks in advance, Rick
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Hi everyone, i wonder if anyone can help me. Got this 3d file which is Half SBS, however it plays back like this. Put it in 3d mode on the tv and still nothing changes.

Can anyone help?

heres the image

http://postimg.org/image/qkvslhifz/

Cheers

Tim
(2015-03-09, 12:43)TIMCSS Wrote: Image

Hi everyone, i wonder if anyone can help me. Got this 3d file which is Half SBS, however it plays back like this. Put it in 3d mode on the tv and still nothing changes.

Can anyone help?

heres the image

Cheers

Tim

Is Kodi running in SBS mode?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-03-09, 15:06)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-03-09, 12:43)TIMCSS Wrote: Image

Can anyone help?

heres the image

Cheers

Tim

Is Kodi running in SBS mode?

How do i do that?

when i press play i select SBS mode, then comes up with that rather then the standard 2 pictures. When i click 3D on the tv it cannot mix them
Hi

I'm also having the same problem as TIMCSS. Started a few days ago and only with this one particular 3D Movie. I'm using Kodi 15.0.

Movie starts in SBS mode but the top and bottom of the movie are separated into 2 screens. So basically I get 4 x left/right half screens shown. Tim's attachment shows it perfectly.

If I use MPC external player though it plays normally. Only Kodi internal player has problems.
what hardware do you use? And can you guys post the mediainfo of these movies? I suppose the movie itself has some metadata flag that it is OU/TAB instead of SBS and thus is being cut wrong
Try to select right type in video osd settings to solve issue with wrong stereo type of movie. As da-anda says the movie has some metadata flag which cause an issue.
(2015-03-10, 10:08)da-anda Wrote: what hardware do you use? And can you guys post the mediainfo of these movies? I suppose the movie itself has some metadata flag that it is OU/TAB instead of SBS and thus is being cut wrong

I'm using win7 64 on AMD GPU and 2160p

Here is the video element of mediainfo :

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
MultiView_Count : 2
MultiView_Layout : Side by Side (left eye first)
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 3h 2mn
Bit rate : 10.9 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.218
Stream size : 13.9 GiB (86%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
@BaliBlue - which container is this movie using? MKV?
(2015-03-10, 11:24)da-anda Wrote: @BaliBlue - which container is this movie using? MKV?

Yes that's correct
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereoscopic 3D support for half/full SBS, over/under, etc11