Can't switch back to channel when recording already started
Exclamation 
To make my situation a bit more clear.

I'm currently watching channel 10, a recording is started on channel 4.
In bottom screen i see the message adapter already in use by other subscription, so i switch back to channel 4 but then nothing happens.
I'm running TVH (3.2.18, can't upgrade because of GCC limitation on Synology NAS) as backend on a NAS and using latest TVH addon (1.6.15)

Also rebooting XBMC and switch to the currently record channel doesn't seem to work, the message i see is this:

Code:
20:01:07 T:139706810464064  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/Alle TV kanalen/3.pvr
20:01:07 T:139706810464064 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:01:07 T:139706810464064  NOTICE: CXBMCRenderManager::ResetRenderBuffer - using 5 render buffers
20:01:07 T:139705404348160  NOTICE: Thread CDVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
20:01:07 T:139705404348160  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
20:01:08 T:139705404348160  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
20:01:08 T:139705404348160 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:01:08 T:139705404348160 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:01:08 T:139705404348160   ERROR: ReadPacket - Error demux packet doesn't belong to a valid stream

Any ideas?
smells like a bug in tvheadend. please enable debug logging and pastebin the log
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Mmmm maybe i shouldn't have upgraded to newer XBMC commit https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/0c66...69b80b472c

I came from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/05df...f4a8107287
There is were the problems started (it's not the first time i'm having this)

When the problem re-appears i'll post a debug log but since Frodo is still in development maybe it's better to drop this ?
Thumbs Down 
@schumi2004 - confirmed ! I'm using XBMC PVR for more than one year - and that "feature" is part of it for the same time - it's simply a BUG that nobody cares about.

(2013-01-08, 21:49)dushmaniac Wrote: smells like a bug in tvheadend. please enable debug logging and pastebin the log

No, it isn't. I created a ticket for XBMC (your GIT) a long time ago, you closed it due to "inactivity" *lol* - this bug is very very easy to reproduce - simply set a timer and watch something other, so please, try it.

btw. TVHeadEnd is unaffected by that; you'll have to KILL the XBMC process and restart XBMC - tvheadend works flawlessly in background. Only the XBMC client crashes when another channel becomes active while watching another.

Hope, now, with PVR as regular part of XBMC, this f***ing BUG will soon be killed .. maybe it is in Frodo, don't know, waiting for final release to switch from EdenPVR ..

LastCoder

HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Code:
20:01:08 T:139705404348160   ERROR: ReadPacket - Error demux packet doesn't belong to a valid stream
this is data provided to us by tvheadend
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

may be, but it's XBMC that freezes not tvheadend so I guess the handling of that (corrupt) data by xbmc (pvr addon) will cause the error !

As mentioned before - tvheadend, including the tasks like recording, still works flawlessly as service, while XBMC has to be killed through console order and restarted .. something happens to xbmc when tvheadend switches the channel automatically for recording - btw. it's the same "crash behaviour" by xbmc that is shown when the signal quality is bad and there is no constant data stream to xbmc .. in both cases the tv server provided tv stream cancels abrupt ..

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2013-01-11, 09:55)LastCoder Wrote: may be, but it's XBMC that freezes not tvheadend so I guess the handling of that (corrupt) data by xbmc (pvr addon) will cause the error !

As mentioned before - tvheadend, including the tasks like recording, still works flawlessly as service, while XBMC has to be killed through console order and restarted .. something happens to xbmc when tvheadend switches the channel automatically for recording - btw. it's the same "crash behaviour" by xbmc that is shown when the signal quality is bad and there is no constant data stream to xbmc .. in both cases the tv server provided tv stream cancels abrupt ..

Greetz

LastCoder

You say XBMC freezes right, as in unresponsive?
In my case i have never seen such behavior when i get this error/bug or how you want to call it.
I just can't switch back, but now i'm running a different XBMC build the problem is gone, so i think it's a XBMC related issue instead of TVH.

Never looked at debug code before (can't tell what kind of error i received then) when i noticed this but until today i haven't had this issue yet.
yeah, I got always real freezes .. atm I'm using the latest builds from the pulseeight repo, but as I guessed maybe it's solved in newer frodo builds ..

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
we're working on the frodo release now. if there's a problem with eden, then that's too bad, but i won't look into that now, only days before the frodo final
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

(2013-01-11, 12:49)dushmaniac Wrote: we're working on the frodo release now. if there's a problem with eden, then that's too bad, but i won't look into that now, only days before the frodo final

Yeah, that is reasonable .. can't wait to get frodo final Cool ! That's great that there are only few days left !

Thanks for your great work - PVR part is the killer feature for xbmc !

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't switch back to channel when recording already started0