• 4(current)
Win HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC
(2013-07-09, 04:38)BAWLSOUT Wrote: I have a few questions, on your OP you gave a link to the "LEDStream for SM16716 LEDs". I ordered the SM16716's from ebay the other day, this is just code to test the lights correct?

I noticed people had issues with the name and type fields in the conf file, do you have suggestions for what I should use for the sm16716 leds?

Thanks, so excited to see this project in action.

I found the file via google, changed a bit and applied a patch but I cant test it because I dont have the LEDs. At least one person got it to work so it should be ok. I dont know what to change in the config but it should work with the same settings as ws2801 adalight.
(2013-07-09, 12:35)TeKo Wrote: I found the file via google, changed a bit and applied a patch but I cant test it because I dont have the LEDs. At least one person got it to work so it should be ok. I dont know what to change in the config but it should work with the same settings as ws2801 adalight.

Alright, thanks. Will reply here with results
(2013-07-09, 15:10)BAWLSOUT Wrote:
(2013-07-09, 12:35)TeKo Wrote: I found the file via google, changed a bit and applied a patch but I cant test it because I dont have the LEDs. At least one person got it to work so it should be ok. I dont know what to change in the config but it should work with the same settings as ws2801 adalight.

Alright, thanks. Will reply here with results

It worked fine. I used the tutorial from here and followed it all the way to running adalight. After I ran adalight I used light-pack to set up the pixels. Some of the code from the tutorial I linked like ledstream and colorswirl might not work, or atleast when I attempted to run it. But adalight worked fine with my SM16716s LEDs + Arduino Uno.
Anyone in Oklahoma City want to help me with this project on a 100" home theater screen? Smile
Hi,

Could anyone help me? Is there anyway to use the boblight client in windows to send data to a remote raspberry pi?

I have the boblight XBMC plugin and it works great, but I want to use bob light outside of XBMC, it is possible?

Thanks
Hi,

I also wanted to do this and as it's a rainy day here just got it working as I'm stuck inside.

1st thing I did was to remove the interface line from the boblight.conf file on the PI. I just deleted interface 127.0.0.1

#[global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port 19333

Then on my windows pc I installed the normal XBMC 12.2 release

following this on the pc xbmc I went into SYSTEM / SETTINGS / ADDONS / SERVICES / AND PICKED XBMC BOBLIGHT ADDON

Once installed click configure on the addon and select use remote boblightd and typed in the i.p of my PI.

This then connected straight away to the PI and playing any movie remotely controlled the PI and my lights.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Uploaded the new boblight version.

https://code.google.com/p/boblight/source/list
I'm not great at the technical aspect and I had a couple questions about the config creator.

What does the Vertical Depth %, Horizontal Depth% and all of those variables refer to?
What does Edge fix do?
What does the radio button in the Lights section at the top assist with?
And what does border Top/Bottom Left/Right refer to?
If I want to have 23 LEDs spaced evenly along the bottom of my TV, should I start from the middle and how should I fill in the bottom three LED numbers?

Any guidance on how to use this tool to make my system better would be greatly appreciated.
Yea sorry, I always wanted to make it easier to understand.

Depth = how much of the screen from for example top to bottom gets scanned.
100% depth = the hole screen.

Width = how wide every scan area is.
0 = every top LED gets the color that on the screen right below.
100 = every top LED get the color from the whole top side (every top LED has the same color).

Border = Where to start scanning.
You can use this if you have a lot of media that is in 4:3 or 16:9(with black bars).

The radio buttons set the start of your LEDs.

The bottom depends on where your first LED is.

Mine is in the middle so its:

[ 16 ] [ 0 ] [ 17 ]

Most ppl dont need the middle field.
Thanks for the great explanation. I appreciate all of your support.
At the top of the config creator there is a toggle button for "Edge." What does that control?
Makes the light in the corner look a bit better because the zones overlap. Not a huge difference.
Ahhh. Thanks for making this much easier on me. And my system is finally up and running with only minor tweeks needed. Thanks for all the support
Just got this set up today and I'm loving it, but ran into some issue that I can't figure out. I have the exact setup as you (same number of leds and distribution) however I can't get them all to work.

If I use the config creator my prefix is 41 64 61 00 5F 0A, which does not match what you say it should be for 100 leds. With the generated prefix my last 3 or 4 leds don't light up (I have confirmed they are functional).

If I use the prefix value you give for 100 leds (41 64 61 00 63 36) those last 3 or 4 leds display some weird colors - which leads me to believe that's also not the right prefix.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Wait, I think I got something. What values should the config creator show for the bottom of the screen? No matter how I slice it it makes my channels variable does not look right. With 100 leds this should be 300, right?
You have to count every LED in the corners twice when entering the numbers so if you add all the numbers you should get 104.

If you just change the prefix you still dont get the right position for the last LEDs.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup Boblight for Windows and Boblight XBMC6