• 27(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
hello all
I want just say thank you for your work , it's awesome , the last version is near perfection for me .
Anyway i would like to set xbmc as default launcher , how could i do ?

thanks again .
(2013-02-24, 13:47)Katch Wrote: Are we to assume that Herman's patched libstagefright.so is required for further testing and development of these builds on RK3066 SoCs? If so we could do with a link and explanation in the OP or we'll end up with a slew of problems stemming from users not having installed that file.
Indeed. Having a working libstagefright.so is only half the solution. The other half is getting it on the devices self.
I assume the level of post-sale support and updates differ greatly amongst the various device vendors, so It will be hard to have a one-size-fits-all.

As of now, I think the safe route is to keep blacklisting non-MOD16/32 vids, with the option of bypassing the blacklisting via advancedsettings.xml

---

Well, actually the one-size-fits-all solution would be that Rockchip renames the components in the corrected libstagefright.so, so that we can detect whether it's the fixed version or not, but that seems far-fetched.
A good one would maybe to somehow pass a version number in the metadata just after doing the OMXCodec::create...
(2013-02-25, 12:56)freddy_krueger Wrote: hello all
I want just say thank you for your work , it's awesome , the last version is near perfection for me .

thanks again .

Download Automate It app from google play and set a rule to run XBMC after boot.
(2013-02-25, 13:25)Koying Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 13:47)Katch Wrote: Are we to assume that Herman's patched libstagefright.so is required for further testing and development of these builds on RK3066 SoCs? If so we could do with a link and explanation in the OP or we'll end up with a slew of problems stemming from users not having installed that file.
Indeed. Having a working libstagefright.so is only half the solution. The other half is getting it on the devices self.
I assume the level of post-sale support and updates differ greatly amongst the various device vendors, so It will be hard to have a one-size-fits-all.

As of now, I think the safe route is to keep blacklisting non-MOD16/32 vids, with the option of bypassing the blacklisting via advancedsettings.xml

---

Well, actually the one-size-fits-all solution would be that Rockchip renames the components in the corrected libstagefright.so, so that we can detect whether it's the fixed version or not, but that seems far-fetched.
A good one would maybe to somehow pass a version number in the metadata just after doing the OMXCodec::create...

I can't see the patched libstagefright.so making it into vendors ROMS & updates any time soon (if ever) - It is my understanding that OEMs are responsible for their own firmware and updates so they would need to pick up this fix and include it - I can't believe they are even aware of it.

So moving forward we need to assume that replacing the libstagefright.so is part of the installation process for RK3066 users unless they are using an aftermarket ROM that includes the fix - I will do what I can to disseminate the lib around the other RK3066 devs that I work with at Flashmyandroid and Slatedroid - but it will continue to be an issue for end users I feel...

Unfortunately I can see no easy way to distribute the patched lib as it requires Root and /system write access.

@Herman

Do Rockchip provide a base ROM to OEM vendors and will this patched libstagefright.so be included in future release through official channels?
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
I got a question, the patched library works only on official rom?, because i tried it on finless 1.7 and the device didnt boot again so i had to reflash it.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask that question.

Thanks.
(2013-02-25, 17:54)Gaenya Wrote: I got a question, the patched library works only on official rom?, because i tried it on finless 1.7 and the device didnt boot again so i had to reflash it.

Thanks.

It works only on 4.1 as far as I am aware - what base is finless 1.7? Probably best to approach that ROM dev with the patched lib and ask for support rather than discussing it here.
XBMC Running on:
- Intel i5 & GTX 980
- Intel NUC i3 Thunderbolt Edition
- Sony Xperia Z3 & Z3 Tablet
- Pivos XIOS DS M1
- Raspberry Pi 3

If my post was helpful please click the +Reputation button.
(2013-02-25, 14:24)Wolfsteen Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 12:56)freddy_krueger Wrote: hello all

thanks again .

Download Automate It app from google play and set a rule to run XBMC after boot.

Thanks for your answer Wolfsteen , but what i would like it's to choose Xbmc as default launcher like with XAF version .

PS: this afternoon i have found that some Youtube videos dont play fine and some Mkv's are really slow ; except that all is perfect !!
In fact , i'd would make Xbmc android stick , exclusively
I thought i it will possible to remove Exit Button from interface , in this case Xbmc will be persistent
That file does not work with latest N70HD firmware, same as for the other reports.

Would it be possible to get a version that works for January firmwares?
(2013-02-25, 17:54)Gaenya Wrote: I got a question, the patched library works only on official rom?, because i tried it on finless 1.7 and the device didnt boot again so i had to reflash it.

Thanks.
Finless newly added patched lib directly in v1.7 for iMito mx1/2 so it should work same way with other 1.7 versions which should use similar "basebuild"?
Sorry for OT, discussion should be directed in Finless thread instead of here.
Please, move discussions regarding specific implementation of the updated libstagefright.so for RK3066 to appropriate HW forums.
(2013-01-14, 03:13)Ned Scott Wrote: Instructions:
1. Download this build: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

This is the only release of XBMC that works on my Kindle Fire 1!

I can play SD and 720/1080p HD! I use the Touch skin and it works great barely any noticeable lag some 1080p pauses after a few seconds of play I guess just to buffer but then after that it works great!

It works great with my MySql setup also! I have all my watched status and progress status remain the same with my Kindle and HTPC and ATV2!

Thanks guys for all your hard work!

Edit: Plex works way better! I love XBMC for my main PC and Plex's server does all of the transcoding needed for Android.
Hi all,

So if i understood correctly:

With the new libstagefright from RockChip, we don't have the bug anymore.

This Lib just need to be on the ROM Libs folder for this specific hardware?

Any change needed to be done on the XBMC side?

The last question, Now he didn't crash but still have bad performance right? But on the XBMC side the work can proceed or still need a fix from the RockChip fellows?

Thanks for the answers.
Cumps
please could someone modify AndroidManifest of the latest version for adding ability to chose xbmc as default home launcher like Xaf version ?
i have tried to decompile and recompile myself but i'm really noob
thanks a ton
(2013-02-26, 03:43)freddy_krueger Wrote: please could someone modify AndroidManifest of the latest version for adding ability to chose xbmc as default home launcher like Xaf version ?
i have tried to decompile and recompile myself but i'm really noob
thanks a ton

No, there are issues with XBMC being a Launcher that the Xaf version does not address. Plus you just thread-jacked Smile Your question was nothing to do with the thread Topic.
(2013-02-25, 13:25)Koying Wrote: Well, actually the one-size-fits-all solution would be that Rockchip renames the components in the corrected libstagefright.so, so that we can detect whether it's the fixed version or not, but that seems far-fetched.

Actually libstagefright.so itself have its version tag. You can using strings libstagefright | grep author to detect the libstagefright.so version. And more there is a class sf_info can be used in the code to get the lib detaild infomation. But they are not open yet. we will provide it later. That will be helpfull to seperate a runable rom and error one.

(2013-02-25, 14:30)Katch Wrote: @Herman

Do Rockchip provide a base ROM to OEM vendors and will this patched libstagefright.so be included in future release through official channels?
Yes, this patch will be included in future for 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2.

Thanks.
This patched library theoretically works for all 4.1 rom. We have done a greate effort on binary downward compatible. But tragically we can not stop the outside header change which are used in libstagefright.so.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10