• 32(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
koying new apk working fine jus played few videos that was stuttering before but seems to work fine only issue is it broke youtube app before installing it was workking fine after installed this apk its giving error can you check its working fine on yours? n let me know thanks mate
Thnx Koying, you say no plan on 12.1 stagefright. So that's a definite no? Or is there is enough +1 's here you'll do it? thnx anyway for all your hard work thats very much appreciated! I am just worried 13.0 alphas will also break some things.
(2013-04-03, 22:20)menno Wrote: So that's a definite no? Or is there is enough +1 's here you'll do it?

a definite never
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-03, 22:20)menno Wrote: Thnx Koying, you say no plan on 12.1 stagefright. So that's a definite no? Or is there is enough +1 's here you'll do it? thnx anyway for all your hard work thats very much appreciated! I am just worried 13.0 alphas will also break some things.

I can't speak for Koying, but my assumption is the build process for 12.1 is a real bear and adding anything additional like all the libstagefright work done here would cause massive, massive headaches. Since this is a testing thread anyway, there's really no reason to provide a version based on stable. There WILL be bugs.
Well, not having a 12.1 + libstagefright is a release management decision from the Team, not a technical one.

Although, with the recent build system change, I'm not even sure we can still automatically build a < 13 version without backporting Jenkins stuff...
I have hot a mk802 iiis and the 1080 is not playing wel it studded a lot. 720 works wel thank u for that.
dennnnnn you need to mention if you work with the customized libstagefright.so by Herman Chen or not....
rk3066 is lagging on 1080p, even with the updated libstagefright.so.

That won't be solved ever unless rockchip solve this on their side, which seem not so probable as they would be working on a ffmpeg based framework, whatever that actually is...
one thing i noticed with new build koying posted that it crashing xbmc when playing videos from certain plugins i tried bbc iplayer itv player vevo as soon as video tries to load it crashes xbmc...any fix for tht?
(2013-04-04, 17:29)Razieal Wrote: one thing i noticed with new build koying posted that it crashing xbmc when playing videos from certain plugins i tried bbc iplayer itv player vevo as soon as video tries to load it crashes xbmc...any fix for tht?
Any logs for that?
I saw the edit:
[UPDATE 4/4/2013]
Added Gotham Alpha2 with the Libstagefright PR

Does Test-build Gotham works OK with this libstagefright.so?

Someone already tried? Is better that the Frodo build of 2/19?
(2013-04-04, 18:23)Mafarricos Wrote: I saw the edit:
[UPDATE 4/4/2013]
Added Gotham Alpha2 with the Libstagefright PR

Does Test-build Gotham works OK with this libstagefright.so?

Someone already tried? Is better that the Frodo build of 2/19?

i Tested it and yes its better than 2/19 frodo release this one is a bit more stable

and plays better no stutter @ 720 Files

some 1080P works also Smile
koying i tested few plugins and noticed that playing live streams in any plugins crashes xbmc pllayer i tried many different ones with same results any recorded plugins works ok but live channels crash

i would love to post crash log but i dont know how n specially im running on droid box so donno how to create n get logs lil help would highly appreciated thanks
ok it crashes when i play some SD Movies i see stripes and than my box crashes i tested over 40 MKV 720P all work 30% of my SD dont work
(2013-04-04, 06:46)natethomas Wrote:
(2013-04-03, 22:20)menno Wrote: Thnx Koying, you say no plan on 12.1 stagefright. So that's a definite no? Or is there is enough +1 's here you'll do it? thnx anyway for all your hard work thats very much appreciated! I am just worried 13.0 alphas will also break some things.

I can't speak for Koying, but my assumption is the build process for 12.1 is a real bear and adding anything additional like all the libstagefright work done here would cause massive, massive headaches. Since this is a testing thread anyway, there's really no reason to provide a version based on stable. There WILL be bugs.

My Minix Neo X5 is running fine with the first Libstagefright H/W addition, and works fine, so no need to keep trying these other builds the case above is an example if you try every build your asking for trouble. Find one that works and leave it. Afterall these are all trial ones, and experimental.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10