• 37(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
(2013-04-21, 00:08)Juanjo Wrote: @vel2000:
you are probably getting the crashes cos libstagefright is NOT for alwinner chipsets ..........
This is just wrong!
The following code shows it clearly.
Code:
04:38:32 T:1826243440   DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:no OpenMax:no libstagefright:yes VDPAU:no VAAPI:no
04:38:32 T:1826243440   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: stf-xxxx - Opening
04:38:32 T:1826243440   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecStageFright:: - trying to open, codec(28), profile(100), level(51)
04:38:32 T:1826243440    INFO: CBitstreamConverter::Open bitstream to annexb init
04:38:32 T:1826243440   DEBUG: CStageFrightVideo:: - component: OMX.allwinner.video.decoder.avc
04:38:32 T:1826243440   DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: stf-h264 - Opened
04:38:32 T:1826243440  NOTICE: Creating video thread
04:38:32 T:1830855984  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
I have tested with an A31 not an A10 (my old A10 doesn't work)
And A31 has stagefright implemented. (Maybe not that well..Tongue)

PS: my deepest respect for the developers, who have to read such a nonsense day in, day out.....
hmmm interesting indeed.. i have seen allwinner releasing sources and seen factories talk about how good they are at support and all, while rockchip for example is all blah blah we will release, but never do.
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
been trying to get this working on a FinlessBob 1.7c Rom Flashed MK808 (orginal not a B clone or sunvel clone)

it working fine Atleast for the mostpart navigating the UI, (i dont have any 720p or 1080p Encoded videos to test.)

but one rather showstopping bug seems to be it doesnt have root /SU access. and it cant i guess from that download addons, install addons from zip. Hell it wont copy Squat about between NAND/SD/USB it'll look like it is but it doesnt do anything actually.

i can grab the debug log later though :/ if need be.
Hi guys,
I have recently tested this build of XBMC with DroidTV X1 and it plays 720p smoothly, but still doesn't play 1080p well.
I would like to contribute on developing the working build for RK3066 SoC.
DroidTV X1 has UART port ( http://androidgadget.co.uk/blog/5-how-to...droidtv-x1 )
I just wonder if the UART port is useful during the development process?
Newbie and by no means a expert.
I got the latest version Gotham alpha 2 working on the mk808 and mk80b
I used finless 1.7c on the mk808. now there is not a 1.7c version for the mk808b so I set up the mk808 and did a titanium backup then restored the backup to the mk808b.
I have a large wireless network and found that using the XBMC updn server on my desktop computer instead of smb allowed me to play 1080p videos. Something with the buffering and slow speed over wireless. I have two wireless hops to my server because it is in the shop separate from the house. I found this arrangement to be stable and deployed it to the other 3 mk808b devices. Now I did not however upgrade the kernel to 1080p on all of the mk808 devices.
Hope this helps someone.
What is the most stable build for Minix Neo 5?
Thanks for help
(2013-04-28, 19:54)sobbles Wrote: What is the most stable build for Minix Neo 5?
Thanks for help

I was also looking for a somewhat stable version (pref. Frodo-based) with libstagefright for Minix. Tried the linked Gothham release but on the movie I tried it just crashed XBMC.
I found with all version, you also got to download and use a Processes/task killer. Seems XMBC does not like a lot of apps running in the backgro tund. So either XMBC fails to run, or gets to the title screen, the crashes.

Android does not kill apps running in the background, and builds up, taking more and more memory. So kill apps before running XMBC.
It not working for some people might be caused by 4.2.2 on some devices? It seems the build is for 4.0 ICS.
(2013-04-30, 23:13)Novin Wrote:
(2013-04-28, 19:54)sobbles Wrote: What is the most stable build for Minix Neo 5?
Thanks for help

I was also looking for a somewhat stable version (pref. Frodo-based) with libstagefright for Minix. Tried the linked Gothham release but on the movie I tried it just crashed XBMC.

Tried it as well. Same results on my Minix NEO 5. Question and hopefully someone can help me with this.. I'm trying to use the esc button to navigate within xbmc, but somehow it's not working. Any clue?
(2013-05-01, 20:31)erhnam Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 23:13)Novin Wrote:
Thanks for help

Tried it as well. Same results on my Minix NEO 5. Question and hopefully someone can help me with this.. I'm trying to use the esc button to navigate within xbmc, but somehow it's not working. Any clue?
perhaps not properly mapped yet for android
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-05-01, 20:35)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 20:31)erhnam Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 23:13)Novin Wrote: I was also looking for a somewhat stable version (pref. Frodo-based) with libstagefright for Minix. Tried the linked Gothham release but on the movie I tried it just crashed XBMC.

perhaps not properly mapped yet for android

Sad Makes it difficult for me to upload xbmc.log files. I need to quit xbmc and then the xbmc.log files processed with the XBMC log uploader are gone.. Try to find another way (ssh for instance).
Log uploader add-on can be configured to include XBMC.old.log, if that helps.
I would like to confirm that these builds do not work on an HP Touchpad running CM9. The sound is fine, but the video just shows random colors on the screen. Play/pause and everything else works.

However, they work perfectly on a jellybean based rom. I am using it on a touchpad with the schizoid rom, which is a combo of CM10, AOKP and Paranoid. Dropped my advancedsettings.xml and I was good to go with mysql.
It seams like sports devil has issues on this build where it will not even load into it and gives errors.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10