• 41(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
(2013-05-14, 14:30)Koying Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 14:29)mo123 Wrote: Any change for a new Gotham Alpha3 hw build?
Will do this week.

Is it available to download?
No, we are waiting for new version.
Yeah, sorry guys. The build system changed to Jenkins, so I cannot build an alpha3 anymore.
Furthermore, I have issues with master.

I will build a new version from master as soon as I get it working again Wink
Hi Koying could you maybe comment on the open rockchip libstagefright library? Are you able to work with it? If you are working on it could we track your progress somewhere? Lot's of people, I am sure share my curiosity Smile
Thank you for your continued support Koying, that's all I can say. This project seems more difficult after understanding more how different android hardware/software implementations can be so I'm just grateful.
Koying thnx looking forward to your new version
Koying, will a corrected keymap be implemented in your next build (ie fixed backspace, shift keys, etc)?
Using this build on the ouya works really well except for the long delay when skipping forward during playback.
Is there a noted problem with Export/Import Library on this build? I export the library from my PC and USB it to the OUYA, but when I select Import Video Library there's no XML file; only the art folders show up.

It'd also be nice to live-sync the library via LAN between PC and OUYA, but I don't know if that's possible (can't find anything online instructions, and I'm noob enough to need instructions for just about everything...).
(2013-05-24, 15:44)skywalker993 Wrote: Is there a noted problem with Export/Import Library on this build? I export the library from my PC and USB it to the OUYA, but when I select Import Video Library there's no XML file; only the art folders show up.

It'd also be nice to live-sync the library via LAN between PC and OUYA, but I don't know if that's possible (can't find anything online instructions, and I'm noob enough to need instructions for just about everything...).

You want to go with a shared mySQL library. I have my library shared between my Nexus 7, HTPC, and a Windows 7 PC. Any changes I make (Watched status, library updates, etc..) are seen by all the devices.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL
I've got it up and running. Super smooth playback and audio sync, even 1080p across WiFi. Pretty nice, but seeking lags or even breaks XBMC requiring a reboot of the console, so don't try to skip the "Previously on Game of Thrones!"

Only D-pad, O, and A are mapped. I'd love to see Y as info, U as home or "add to queue," L/R as seeking, and switch D-pad to volume and audio sync.

Lastly, audio output is always HDMI and always 100% volume. Changing the output or volume in the playback interface does nothing.
Trying this build on my nexus 7 because the official Frodo 12.2 "lags".

Issue: I cannot add my nas (win7 machine). For some reason my regular computer has reset to "workgroup" whereas my nas is on the correct workgroup. However each time I try to browse the correct workgroup XBMC popups: "connection timed out". Since I could browse the accidentally setup "workgroup" I was able to copy a video file from my nas to that machine. Therefore I could play it.

Playback: Seems great. I can play a 720p episode over WiFi (one that lagged on the official 12.2).
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194...1080p.png/

edit: I put my pc back in the correct workgroup. Now the SMB network browse function of XBMC shows nothing. However I was still able to acces the path I previously stored (smb://CM690/folder) therefore I tried to change it to my nas (smb://Bugatti/series) and that worked.

With this build XBMC feels smoother on my Nexys 7 than my e-350 pc Smile.

Suggestion:
-fix smb discovery
-disable xbmc keypad and use android keypad (it is so small on 7 inch!).
Using the Alpha2 on my OUYA retail model (Tegra3/1GB RAM)

XBMC crashes to launcher when Bluetooth disconnects

Also, I know the keyboard mapping has been an issue, would it be possible to allow native keyboards? I haven't used XBMC since it was on the original Xbox, but now that most devices have a keyboard nowadays how does XBMC handle the onscreen keyboard on x86 HTPCs? I came across this google group mentioning opening the keyboard by leveraging the JNI and talking back to Java https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgro...mpwzH_PItc

Bluray rips are a bit laggy on my end, once caused the console to overheat and shutoff. Don't know if it's OUYA software or XBMC optimization. Probably need to wait for one or the other to mature for validation.

Also I had some videos rendered in Handbrake that I chose the ATV3 preset that crashed XBMC. Plays fine on the same hardware under MXPlayer.

If you need any logs let me know. Long thread so I don't know if these issues have been addressed
Alpha 1 on my OUYA (retail). Works flawlessly with every video. 720p and 1080p smooth, no glitches whatsoever. Even skipping works for me. No crashes while watching (though I didn't watch any of the videos for more than few minutes each).
(2013-05-29, 00:24)tennisbgc Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 12:59)oldino Wrote: Is fast skipping an issue only in alpha 2 or also in alpha 1?
I have installed alpha 2 on my brand new ouya and fast forward/rewind is the only major issue encountered right now.
Thanks for tips
For me skipping 720p or lower is fine when connected to my smb shares 1080p is slow and sometimes it simply wont skip ahead at all and will cause xbmc to crash. On a positive note I tried the same video on a usb drive directly connected and skipping was normal so it must be some sort of buffer in the network.

Yep, I've noticed it too.

On a side note, I find the wifi speed of the OUYA simply terrible. Tried to download stuff from my network shares and I can't get more than 900KB/s. Sometimes it didn't get over 300KB/s. Too slow for a good streaming. My other devices/computers move stuff around on the lan at a minimum 2MB/sec, usually 5-6MB/sec, depending on many factors (I know that's not really good, but this is not the right post to rant about it - it is plenty for a decent HD streaming, though).

So did more tests and I can confirm video/audio are top notch with alpha1. Problem is if I keep watching for more than a few minutes, I have buffering pauses. Network problem though, not XBMC's. It happens with large 1080p videos (6-7GB or more) with high bitrate. If I connect the OUYA with a patch the streaming is good and the quality is perfect.
The only problems I had were a couple of crashes trying to resume playing a 1080p video. I'll do some more testing (and logging this time) trying to reproduce the issue.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10