• 44(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
I did try the stock build and it connects. I wanted to try the HW accelerated build because the stock one is too sluggish but I'm having the same "can't connect to server" error that some people have reported. I tried the 19/02 build but it's not HW accelerated on the S4 I think, 1st because on the system info screen the CPUs are being used between 20-50% while on the 2/05 build (Alpha2) and Alpha4 it stays flat at 0% and 2nd because it's still sluggish on 720p videos (even though the 19/02 does connect correctly to the server..).
So does anyone know of a build that has HW accel AND doesn't have any connection bugs?
Just to be clear, I meant a Gotham alpha4 stock build, of course, i.e. http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/androi...bi-v7a.apk

Obviously, as someone else said, I'm no mentalist, so without logs, I can't do anything...
@Koying Please tell is there any real change in video decoding since AG1 ? Logs will not show this. Because I 'think' AG1 was smoother decoding 720p h264.
Nope. The code is basically unchanged since February.
I just have a hard time getting it approved for merging...
Do I understand that right that I dont need to enable Debug Log anymore to run this build properly?

[UPDATE 3/06/2013]
Build updated to Gotham alpha4
Corrected PR link
Removed "fulldebug" build
(2013-06-06, 13:48)cindy Wrote: Do I understand that right that I dont need to enable debug log anymore to run this build properly?
[..]
Removed "fulldebug" build
No. The "fulldebug build" was a special build with A LOT of debugging log.
I need the debug log in case of issues.
So just to make this clear. When I enable the Debug Log on the left top side on the screen is all the info like frames etc. I want to show someone my ouya and your version is running pretty well on my ouya. So is there any option to disable the top left onscreen info?
If so where do I configure this?
Or is the version runable without debug log (for some time)?

At now I didnt had any issues with your build.
I had to remove the Alpha 4 build as a lot of the addons failed to start giving Script errors, Mashup, Icefilm & PFTV. Only 1 that seemed to work okish was Navi-X but after a while that started to crash, So I went back to the Alpha2 build as that 1 is great and I have np at all 720/1080. These where on Nexus 10 running Stock JB 4.2.2 and SGTab2 10.1 running stock JB 4.1.1.
iechyd da
(2013-06-06, 14:27)cindy Wrote: So just to make this clear. When I enable the Debug Log on the left top side on the screen is all the info like frames etc. I want to show someone my ouya and your version is running pretty well on my ouya. So is there any option to disable the top left onscreen info?
If so where do I configure this?
Mmm... this is something you enable in the settings (or advancedsettings.xml). It doesn't appear on its own.
Note that the settings stuff has been refactored in Gotham. You have to change the settings "level" (via the side bar on confluence) to have more than basic settings appear.
(2013-06-06, 14:52)sheepybach Wrote: I had to remove the Alpha 4 build as a lot of the addons failed to start giving Script errors, Mashup, Icefilm & PFTV. Only 1 that seemed to work okish was Navi-X but after a while that started to crash, So I went back to the Alpha2 build as that 1 is great and I have np at all 720/1080. These where on Nexus 10 running Stock JB 4.2.2 and SGTab2 10.1 running stock JB 4.1.1.
Sorry to say, but this is not interesting to anyone if you don't include logs allowing to track the issue...
(2013-06-06, 15:00)Koying Wrote: Sorry to say, but this is not interesting to anyone if you don't include logs allowing to track the issue...

Is there a way to get the log if device is not rooted?
Cheers.
(2013-06-06, 11:53)Koying Wrote: Just to be clear, I meant a Gotham alpha4 stock build, of course, i.e. http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/androi...bi-v7a.apk

Obviously, as someone else said, I'm no mentalist, so without logs, I can't do anything...

Tried that exact one, doesn't connect either. Should I get a log?
(2013-06-06, 16:27)JackTakahashi Wrote: Tried that exact one, doesn't connect either. Should I get a log?
Err... ALL posts reporting an issue should have a log attached Wink
This seems to indicate a generic problem, though...
(2013-06-06, 15:57)Djape Wrote: Is there a way to get the log if device is not rooted?
Sure. The standard way is the use the XBMC log uploader plugin.
If you know your way, a logcat is even better.
Tests with youtube plugin(4.4.4) & logs
MK808B 4.1.1

Youtube & addons working fine
Gotham Alpha 1 hw 19/2
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25281

Youtube & addons not working - "Remote share - Cannot connect to remote server"
Gotham Alpha 2 hw 03/04
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=25282

The same happens with Gotham Alpha4 hw & the snapshot builds of Gotham Alpha.
If this is the wrong thread I will post it elsewere too.
Thanks Smile
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10