• 46(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
WARNING: Any posts not meeting the criteria set out on the 1st post maybe deleted

If you require support on libstagefright builds then please use the thread over on the Android Support forum @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168268

Note the Support Thread is an exact copy of what was here, any historical posts deleted from this Development Thread will be on the Support Thread.

The moderators will be going through this thread and may delete anything they judge as not meeting the criteria for posting that was laid out in the 1st post.
Who was moderator since koying did have family time. Most of the questions did never get an answer. Well deleting unanswered questions is a solution too. If i was a moderator i would move some of the responses to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168268
Apart from the 1st post, that thread is an exact copy of what was here until I posted above, any responses will be given on that Support Thread. Myself & the other moderators will be removing anything that's not a test report from this thread going forward.
A Gotham alpha5 build has been added.
I dont know if this is any helpful, but i tested the Alpha5 today on my ouya box and i have the following feedback:

Yesterday there was a xbmc-20130701-* this release on ouya box had 1080p issues. (today this version is not available on the download page)
Today i see this version xbmc-20130703-* this version on ouya still has 1080p issue but 720p for me looks a bit better, but still noticeable stuttering. However on this version playback of rtmp links does not work, but on the 20130701 version it played fine, it throws me out of xbmc.... when i try enter it again it throws me out again , and only second time i can enter the box. by that time the log file and the oldlog file is deleted, so i guess i need to ssh into the box and get it instead.

the one recommended on xbmc ouya wiki - 1080p files works flawlessly, however this version has the same rtmp problem.

I got my ouya yesterday, so dont know much yet.. but if u need anything let me know, i can be of any help.
(2013-07-03, 16:21)nero12 Wrote: Yesterday there was a xbmc-20130701-* this release on ouya box had 1080p issues. (today this version is not available on the download page)
Today i see this version xbmc-20130703-* this version on ouya still has 1080p issue but 720p for me looks a bit better, but still noticeable stuttering.
Please specify the full filename of the apk, there might be different builds the same day.
Re rtmp, are you sure it wasn't xbmc-20130703-8bc564d-Gotham_alpha5SF-armeabi-v7a.apk which was working and the xbmc-20130701 not?
I hope your vacations were great Koying.
As you live in Brussels, i presume that you left it to get a little more heat and sun (i live in Lille ...).

Could you look to post 670, it describes a vertical lines issue with debug log that i can reproduce. As i cant provide a debug log (addon doenst works and i dont have a windows computer to get adb on my ouya) i put a sample of a ts file in post 663.

Hope it will help you,

++
(2013-07-03, 16:52)bibi Wrote: I hope your vacations were great Koying.
As you live in Brussels, i presume that you left it to get a little more heat and sun (i live in Lille ...).

Could you look to post 670, it describes a vertical lines issue with debug log that i can reproduce. As i cant provide a debug log (addon doenst works and i dont have a windows computer to get adb on my ouya) i put a sample of a ts file in post 663.

Hope it will help you,

++

I am also interested in this issue. You can install the 'America's Test Kitchen' addon if you would like to see an example of what it is doing. All videos in that addon exhibit the same artifacting bibi describes. The video information shown is 'h264(main), yuv420p, 640x352[sar44:45DAR 16:0]) . I do not have an easy way to get to my logs otherwise I would share them. Hope this informaiton helps.
(2013-07-03, 16:52)bibi Wrote: As you live in Brussels, i presume that you left it to get a little more heat and sun (i live in Lille ...).

Could you look to post 670...
Well went to the Pyrénée and didn't have that much more warmth Wink
I'll have a look. I still have to plug the Ouya back, though. Will be this WE, I bet.
(2013-07-03, 16:36)Koying Wrote:
(2013-07-03, 16:21)nero12 Wrote: Yesterday there was a xbmc-20130701-* this release on ouya box had 1080p issues. (today this version is not available on the download page)
Today i see this version xbmc-20130703-* this version on ouya still has 1080p issue but 720p for me looks a bit better, but still noticeable stuttering.
Please specify the full filename of the apk, there might be different builds the same day.
Re rtmp, are you sure it wasn't xbmc-20130703-8bc564d-Gotham_alpha5SF-armeabi-v7a.apk which was working and the xbmc-20130701 not?

xbmc-20130703-8bc564d-Gotham_alpha5SF-armeabi-v7a.apk - rtmp does not work - 1080p dont work -
xbmc-20130701-c6dc638-master-armeabi-v7a - RTMP works - 1080p buffer
xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a - rtmp does not work - 1080p works flawlessly

this is 100% confirmed. i will try push a log file up asap.
I can confirm on the odroid u2 rtmp plays in fast forward. There is another test build called droid rtmp fix but it has the same behavior.
This build suffers from the same bug that the android nightly builds have for the last 5 weeks.
Video & audio playing too fast with dropped frames.
See my previous post with log and details - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167733
Davilla says it is a known issue and I hope it can be fixed soon.
Yeah, confirmed alpha5 is not working due to the bug mentioned by mo123.
I just tried the latest version released July 3, [UPDATE 3/07/2013] Updated Gotham alpha5, and it does not work on the Asus Memo Pad 172V tablet, which is 7". It does the same thing that the official XBMC app does, after it installs successfully, it begins first time startup process and finishes, then instead of loading the XBMC app, it kicks me out to the homescreen, with no error of any type. When I try clicking on the app again, it just sends me to my homescreen. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I would appreciate it, Thanks.

P.S. I have the official XBMC app running on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and it runs awesome, can't wait until I can get this tablet working on XBMC too.
Here you go a log file with xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a . For the RTMP problem. i don't know if its useful at all. But i dont know what else to offer you:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=34473
The exact same behavior i get when i use the latest Alpha5. so i did not bother to make a log for that.

Do you want a log file with the xbmc-20130701-c6dc638-master-armeabi-v7a where the rtmp works, to compare?

Not sure how important this is for xbmc team to priorities. but this will fix most live stream plugin issues.

The log files are taken from OUYA.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10