• 50(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
Interesting.

I finally downloaded http://dl.free.fr/gBNbZw3jP - the file seems to have a 0.5 sec of corrupt video but then shows a couple talking in french.

In alpha 6 on nexus 10 it plays fine.

On ouya with the same software it shows the vertical artefacting mentioned. When stage fright is turned off there is no artefacting but the clip naturally plays badly as it's hd.

Make of that what you will.

Note on vlc for android on nexus the clip plays without vertical artefacting but has breaks so I wonder about the quality of encoding standard
I see no artefact on Nexus 7, neither atk nor the am test file.
I'll check on Ouya, but it's the same soc as N7, so shouldn't be different.
I have the OUYA and love XBMC!
But i have a big Problem. i use LiveTV with a VU+Uno, and all the stream are interlanced! The deinterlancing with XBMC doesn't work?
Will this come in the future?

I tested v.13 Alpha 1 and the latest Testbuild (14.7)
I confirm Ouya has an issue with interlaced vids. There are strange vertical (!?) bands on them.
The same vids on N7 play fine (same tegra3) and the same artefacts show up with dice and mx on Ouya.

Definitely an ouya issue with deinterlacing... Nothing I can do.
(2013-07-22, 21:11)Koying Wrote: I confirm Ouya has an issue with interlaced vids. There are strange vertical (!?) bands on them.
The same vids on N7 play fine (same tegra3) and the same artefacts show up with dice and mx on Ouya.

Definitely an ouya issue with deinterlacing... Nothing I can do.

I'm curious to understand, how does such a problem need to be resolved? Does the Ouya dev team need to modify their Android release?
Hi,

I've been trying to have HW acceleration with XBMC on my Equiso HDMI Android stick (Mali 400 GPU) but haven't been able to make it work. As many others have commented, I can play HD video with MX Player without a problem.

I have tried the last two builds (alpha5 and 14/07), but in both of them XBMC shuts down after showing the main menu. The main menu actually shows during around 5 seconds or so, but the application then shuts down.

In previous versions (19/02/2013) I've been able to open XBMC and it is stable until I play HD content. In this initial build the content is not played the screen shows the main menu with a gray screen on the back.

Is this a known issue? Is it planned to be solved in future releases?

Thanks.
(2013-07-22, 23:48)teting123 Wrote: Hi,

I've been trying to have HW acceleration with XBMC on my Equiso HDMI Android stick (Mali 400 GPU) but haven't been able to make it work. As many others have commented, I can play HD video with MX Player without a problem.

I have tried the last two builds (alpha5 and 14/07), but in both of them XBMC shuts down after showing the main menu. The main menu actually shows during around 5 seconds or so, but the application then shuts down.

In previous versions (19/02/2013) I've been able to open XBMC and it is stable until I play HD content. In this initial build the content is not played the screen shows the main menu with a gray screen on the back.

Thanks.

Do you know what SoC you dongle is based on? this release doesn't support the Amlogic & Allwinner SoCs...
(2013-07-23, 00:31)jevgenijo Wrote:

Thanks.

Do you know what SoC you dongle is based on? this release doesn't support the Amlogic & Allwinner SoCs...

As per the specs site (http://equiso.com/specs/) the processor is 1.2GHz Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9. Is this enough information?.
(2013-07-23, 00:48)teting123 Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 00:31)jevgenijo Wrote:

Thanks.

As per the specs site (http://equiso.com/specs/) the processor is 1.2GHz Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9. Is this enough information?.

Logs, please. I have no crystal ball.
The soc would be "nufront"? Can't say I ever heard of it...
Hello All, I'm using OUYA and 13 alpha build 5. Where is the place to ask questions regarding options and how to? For instance, I cannot find Milk drop or how to do the Fan cutout (http://www.themurrayworld.com/misc/alaska-seekbar.png).
Hi! First post here, I've registered specifically to give feedback here (; .

First, I'm probably not a "real" beta tester as I don't have time for that kind of involvement, but maybe my feedback is of use.

Tested: 14/07 build
Device: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T)
System: CyanogenMod 10.1.2 (latest build as of 2013-07-23)
Result: working very well indeed! Everything I threw at the build (SD/720p/1080p, various audio formats, various subtitle formats) worked beautifully. GUI reacts a bit weird from time to time, doesn't seem to be fully adapted to touchscreen use. Problem: very high battery usage. 45 mins of 1080p video use up about 1/4 of the battery, much more than any other video player. Device gets noticeably warm, too.

Tested: 14/07 build
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)
System: CyanogenMod 10.1-20130721
Result: working very well, as on the TF700T. XBMC GUI is too small for the screen, hard to properly use some of the buttons. Very high battery usage on hd video, not extensively tested.

Thanks for your work on this build. I believe it's ready for prime time. If you're able to reduce CPU usage (and some Android specific GUI stuff is changed/added, but that'd probably have to happen in the main branch) XBMC will be the ultimate media player for Android.

Hope this was helpful, please tell me if you need any more info.
I cant change properly channels on live tv im using mk808 here is my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38743
where can I find changelog file for all builds that were pred.
(2013-07-23, 15:41)tashkas Wrote: I cant change properly channels on live tv im using mk808 here is my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38743
Is it really SO hard to read the OP. You could at least be sure to use the proper apk before posting...
Koying, I just want to clog up the thread further by expressing my thanks for your hard work.
The latest release works flawlessly with my U2.
You're a star.
(2013-07-23, 15:50)Koying Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 15:41)tashkas Wrote: I cant change properly channels on live tv im using mk808 here is my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38743
Is it really SO hard to read the OP. You could at least be sure to use the proper apk before posting...

sorry if it was wrong apk, but still no effect same bugs on channel change here is a latest build logfile. When you try to change on video setings while you play live tv deinterlace mode, channel changes itself.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38982

Xbmc stucks when channel says no input detected.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10