• 52(current)
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds
(2013-07-27, 16:17)Koying Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 16:00)TouchMyBox Wrote:
(2013-07-25, 08:15)Koying Wrote: Did it work before 4.3? Does xbmc start?
Anyway, that'll have to wait that I get 4.3 on my N7.

Previous builds worked great before upgrading to 4.3. I get sound but no video.
Got my N7 to 4.3 and solved the issue (static_cast is evil ;) )
There won't be anymore experimental libstagefright builds, though. It will be merged after the next alpha release, so all android nightlies from August on will have it built in.

Thanks. I'm waiting.
(2013-07-27, 16:17)Koying Wrote: Got my N7 to 4.3 and solved the issue (static_cast is evil Wink )
There won't be anymore experimental libstagefright builds, though. It will be merged after the next alpha release, so all android nightlies from August on will have it built in.
MX player is also not updated yet, need to find something else until then.

Any chance you could share your custom build Smile
(2013-07-27, 18:24)TwoZeroOne Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 16:17)Koying Wrote: Got my N7 to 4.3 and solved the issue (static_cast is evil ;) )
MX player is also not updated yet, need to find something else until then.

Any chance you could share your custom build :)

What did he just say. there will be no builds.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Uhm, apparently he has already built something to test it and that one works. Didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask if he could share that build.
(2013-07-27, 16:17)Koying Wrote: Got my N7 to 4.3 and solved the issue (static_cast is evil Wink )

Congratulations, Man! all your hard work turned out excelent, and having it merged into main build is a huge step! \o/
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
Now that this has been merged is there any chance that work can start on a libstagefright Frodo build? As a go stop between Gotham while its still being developed.
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
(2013-07-28, 08:30)J7AYU Wrote: Now that this has been merged is there any chance that work can start on a libstagefright Frodo build? As a go stop between Gotham while its still being developed.

It is not merged yet and it already has been answered.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Information 
(Sidenote: better performance on the old Nexus devices after the Android 4.3 with TRIM support
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7185/andro...us-devices )
Hey, I just made an account just to tell you that this build works like a charm! Been using it for about two months now, and it is as stable as any other program. Running all kinds of formats without any problems (as XBMC usually does), mostly used with .avi and .mkv containers in .rar archives. Running videos with resolutions like 1080p and 720p over wireless network using samba share with no problems at all! Really astonishing how well an experimental build performs. No lag at all(unlike the regular XBMC build for Android). The only thing that might happen is a few seconds buffering if running 1080p with high bitrates - but that's probably due to the WiFi speed, and may be fixed using a NFS share.

Phone: HTC One, 4.2.2 Android Revolution HD 10-12.1(tested on all versions). The custom rom should not be of any benefit, due to the fact that it is a regular HTC sense based rom.

A big thanks to the dev's who made this possible Wink
Dears,

After months, the libstagefright code has finally been merged into the main tree.
As such, from tomorrow on, all android nightly builds will be libstagefright-enabled and this thread is now obsolete.

For libstagefright-related issues, please use this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168268

Thanks for your numerous reports Big Grin
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libstagefright - Experimental hardware video decoding builds10