Choose a new fanart, poster and if the server doesn't respond the GUI will freeze...
topfs2 Wrote:Problem: Choose a new fanart, poster and if the server doesn't respond the GUI will freeze. Even if the server responds, the GUI will freeze until server responds.
Solution: Don't download, even how small, in GUI thread. Use a job and make it cancelable and show in GUI (popup? or busy icon in skin?) that we are busy.
jmarshall Wrote:
topfs2 Wrote:Problem: Choose a new fanart, poster and if the server doesn't respond the GUI will freeze. Even if the server responds, the GUI will freeze until server responds.
Solution: Don't download, even how small, in GUI thread. Use a job and make it cancelable and show in GUI (popup? or busy icon in skin?) that we are busy.

Hmm, this shouldn't be the case as far as I'm aware - no download is done at all so everything is done off app thread. Could it perhaps be the filebrowser waiting for it's thumbloader to cancel? Some more info would be good. If it's the latter, then cancelling the thumbloader async might be a way to go (this may be non-trivial, as IIRC we grab a new instance of the filebrowser and delete it after the fact, but I *think* it'll be OK).
Is this for internet servers or local network servers? (I cannot remember experiencing this since the thumb loading was threaded a while ago).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hmm I've always had big problems with this tbh, way before frodo. Threaded thumb loading ought to help I suspect but I did get a lockup in frodo. And I think it was the internet server (for the fanart) which was unavailable, but the video I was picking a fanart for was on a smb server. However I did not try to play it and I don't remember if the server was up or not.

I'll try to reproduce it again and put up a log Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choose a new fanart, poster and if the server doesn't respond the GUI will freeze...0