• 59(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
In Kodi Leia Beta 3 the Picture Slideshow Screensaver works fine but it stop playing when it is activated during pause a video.
The screensaver freezes and when pressing the back button the video went from pause to stop.

Kodi log
that's not a Debug Log ;-)
can't reproduce it btw, works ok my end
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-10-19, 18:04)ronie Wrote: that's not a Debug Log ;-)
can't reproduce it btw, works ok my end
 This log should be with debug activated.
Like I said, I only see this when pausing video.
In Krypton it works fine.

Debug Kodi log

Thanks
i'm not sure if i can offer much help, there's something on your system calling 'PreviousWindow' the moment kodi tells the screensaver addon to start.
this call will signal the screensaver to stop before it even had a chance to start.

since the addon hasn't started yet, it will not receive this stop call. as a result, kodi will try to forcefully kill the addon after a short while.

relevant lines from your log:
Quote:18:49:42.121 T:420   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPause from xbmc
18:50:44.129 T:420   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverActivated from xbmc
18:50:44.229 T:7756   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager::PreviousWindow: Deactivate
18:50:44.301 T:420   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverDeactivated from xbmc

edit : does the problem also happen if you play movies from other sources than the emby plugin?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
For Kodi v18 "Leia" Beta 3, whenever the Picture Slideshow Screensaver starts displaying, the fan speed revs up  almost to maximum. When I cause the screensaver to stop, the fan speed returns to normal. I tried reducing the screen resolution to 1080p, disabled the resize option. Nothing helped.

This is on a 2012 Mac Book Pro running Sierra, connected to a 4K TV. Kodi "Leia" is the only application running at the time.

This did not occur with Kodi Krypton.
In the end, I sadly had to reinstall Kodi Krypton because of the fan noise.

We love the Picture Slideshow Screensaver because it converts our TV into an art gallery whenever we are not watching content. I would hate to have this problem being the only reason for not switching to Leia.
(2018-10-20, 23:58)ronie Wrote: i'm not sure if i can offer much help, there's something on your system calling 'PreviousWindow' the moment kodi tells the screensaver addon to start.
this call will signal the screensaver to stop before it even had a chance to start.

since the addon hasn't started yet, it will not receive this stop call. as a result, kodi will try to forcefully kill the addon after a short while.

relevant lines from your log:
Quote:18:49:42.121 T:420   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPause from xbmc
18:50:44.129 T:420   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverActivated from xbmc
18:50:44.229 T:7756   DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate
18:50:44.301 T:420   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverDeactivated from xbmc

edit : does the problem also happen if you play movies from other sources than the emby plugin? 
It seems to be fixed after deleting the textures13.db, simplecache.db and the thumbnails folder.
The screensaver now keeps going on media pause mode.
I use Slideshow for fanart screensaver all the time. My problem now is, how do i remove images from the slideshow that are no longer in my library? I have looked in the folders in Programs (x86) and AppData/Roaming, but found nothing. I am using Kodi 17.6 on Win10.
that would be quite odd as the screensaver gets the fanart from your library. it queries the kodi video and/or music database for fanart images.
So there is no other storage for the script? I am still seeing images of movies I since removed from library. Some as far back as 2 years ago.
nope it doesn't store anything
So, where does Kodi store them, or rather, where does the screen saver request them from Kodi?
kodi stores the path to each fanart image in the video database. there's where the screensaver retrieves them from.
so.. most likely the movies you've removed in the past are still listed in the video database.

perhaps cleaning the database (you can do this from kodi settings) solves your issue.
The problem is not longer present in Leia RC4. :-)
Hey, I have the following Szenario:

I use the screensaver with a single image: A gif of a fireplace.

Even if there is only one image the transition effect occurs. Would be great if it would be disabled then Smile

Maybe an option for no transition effect would work as well.
sure no problem, i'll add an option to disable the animation.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4