Win Xbmc 12 stuttering video
I had xbmc 11 and it works great. I have installed xbmc 12 and now I have stuttering video (SD and HD content). It plays only 1 frame per second. I have only installed xbmc 12 and didn't changed any option.
I use xbmc on windows 8 with AMD A6-5400K CPU. What can be the problem?
It's likely audio settings, there has been a major update to the audio system which if not set correctly can cause the issue you are describing, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Quick workaround for this is to disable dts-hd from support audio "codecs" inside xbmc. ( settings - system - audio ). This is what I did and managed to get everything working. In the future when I have time to investigate, Ill dive in also to find out how can I get dts-hd out without stuttering Smile
Even quicker workaround is to set Audio Output to Analog thus forcing XBMC to decode all audio to LPCM in case you don't know what specific format or formats is causing the problem.
I am a newbie to this but I am using an Ati 5450 card and had the same issue.
I went into system settings and audio. Changed audio output to waspi hdmi from
direct sound hdmi and all is working great now.
I have the same problem on windows 7 32 bit xbmc 12.2 but with analog output. I tested with 1080p video without a an audio track and video plays without issues, but any video with an audio stutters much. I tried different sound options but without any result. Any ideas?
Yes, read the guide that is stickied in the Windows subforum.
Still haven't found a solution. Any ideas?

...Well, I fixed the problem by installing previous version of XBMC -- 11(Eden). Seems like development of XBMC starts to degrade.
You've still not got the audio output settings set correctly.

Most likely is one of the advanced audio formats is still "enabled", so XBMC thinks your receiver/TV can decode the advanced audio, when in fact it can't. By disabling all these options, XBMC will decode all the audio first, before sending it out to the TV/receiver.

A little more information is required to get XBMC set up right for you - by going back to Eden it just shows that one of the settings is still not correct.
Well, I've tried all options. But if you know the solution I can try to tune 12.2 version again.
Try setting the output to Analog, ensure none of the advanced formats are enabled (DTS, AC3, TrueHD etc) and try both DirectSound and WASAPI options for the audio output device towards the bottom of the screen.
(2013-07-01, 18:10)ConfusedTA Wrote: Try setting the output to Analog, ensure none of the advanced formats are enabled (DTS, AC3, TrueHD etc) and try both DirectSound and WASAPI options for the audio output device towards the bottom of the screen.

Yes, it is set to analog, I don't use hdmi or spdif output. And of course advanced formats are always disabled, because they even greyed out because I use only analog 5.1 output. And also I tried different combinations with WASAPI and usual connection -- it doesn't help -- video still stutters. But if to play some video without audio track -- it plays fine, even 1080p 50Mb/s. I'm talking about xbmc 12.2.
I can confirm wrong audio settings gives stutter. As an alternative to audio settings, try switching off hardware support on the Video setting. This helps me when bit rates are too high for my rig on a 1080p file. Though it fixes crap picture rather than a pure stutter issue.
Yes I tried software decoding -- it doesn't help.
I've had a same problem. Windows 7 64bit and AVR Pioneer VSX 920.Frodo 12.2 AMD HD 7700 graphic and HDMI
But I've changed in video options for "software " rendering and wasapi with amd hd codec and too wasapi for passtrough with amd hd codec as is written in the topic above and works.DD 5.1 and DTS working fine.
Only problem is with DTS HD MA., after choosing this option video stopped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc 12 stuttering video1